• Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,878
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

7 hours ago, Truswell said:

Matthew 1:18-25
(Ruth 4:18-22; Luke 3:23-38; Isa 7:14)

The Birth of Jesus Christ
Mat 1:18  Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: when His mother Mary had been N1betrothed to Joseph, before they came together she was found to be with child by [the power of] the Holy Spirit. 
Mat 1:19  And Joseph her [promised] husband, being a just and righteous man and not wanting to expose her publicly to shame, planned to send her away and divorce her quietly. 
Mat 1:20  But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, "Joseph, descendant of David, do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife, for the Child who has been N1conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit. 
Mat 1:21  She will give birth to a Son, and you shall name Him Jesus (The LORD is salvation), for He will N1save His people from their sins." 
Mat 1:22  All this happened in order to fulfill what the Lord had spoken through the N1prophet [Isaiah]: 
Mat 1:23  "BEHOLD, THE N1VIRGIN SHALL BE WITH CHILD AND GIVE BIRTH TO A SON, AND THEY SHALL CALL HIS NAME IMMANUEL"--which, when translated, means, "GOD WITH US." [Isa_7:14]

Mat 1:24  Then Joseph awoke from his sleep and did as the angel of the Lord had commanded him, and he took Mary [to his home] as his wife, 
Mat 1:25  but he kept her a virgin until she had given birth to a Son [her firstborn child]; and he named Him Jesus (The LORD is salvation). 

~~~~~

Mat 2:1  Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of N1Herod the king (Herod the Great), N2magi (wise men) from the east came to Jerusalem, asking, 
Mat 2:2  "Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we have seen His star N1in the east and have come to worship Him." [Num_24:17; Jer_23:5; Zec_9:9
Mat 2:3  When Herod the king heard this, he was disturbed, and all Jerusalem with him. 
Mat 2:4  So he called together all the chief priests and N1scribes of the people and [anxiously] asked them where the Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed) was to be born. 
Mat 2:5  They replied to him, "In Bethlehem of Judea, for this is what has been written by the prophet [Micah]: 
Mat 2:6  'AND YOU, BETHLEHEM, IN THE LAND OF JUDAH, ARE NOT IN ANY WAY LEAST AMONG THE LEADERS OF JUDAH; FOR FROM YOU SHALL COME A RULER WHO WILL SHEPHERD MY PEOPLE ISRAEL.'" [Mic_5:2] 

Mat 2:7  Then Herod secretly sent for the magi and learned from them N1the [exact] time the star [had first] appeared. 
Mat 2:8  Then he sent them to Bethlehem, saying, "Go and search carefully for the Child; and when you have found Him, report to me, so that I too may come and worship Him." 
Mat 2:9  After hearing the king, they went their way; and behold, the star, which they had seen in the east, went on before them [continually leading the way] until it came and stood over the place where the young Child was. 
Mat 2:10  When they saw the star, they rejoiced exceedingly with great joy. 
Mat 2:11  And after entering the house, they saw the Child with Mary His mother; and they fell down and worshiped Him. Then, after opening their treasure chests, they presented to Him gifts [fit for a king, gifts] of gold, frankincense, and myrrh. 
Mat 2:12  And having been warned [by God] in a dream not to go back to Herod, the magi left for their own country by another way. 

Luk 2:8  In the same region there were shepherds staying out in the fields, keeping watch over their flock by night. 
Luk 2:9  And an angel of the Lord suddenly stood before them, and the glory of the Lord flashed and shone around them, and they were terribly frightened. 
Luk 2:10  But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of great joy which will be for N1all the people. 

Luk 2:11  For this day in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord (the Messiah). [Mic_5:2
Luk 2:12  And this will be a sign for you [by which you will recognize Him]: you will find a Baby wrapped in [swaddling] cloths and lying in a manger." [1Sa_2:34; 2Ki_19:29; Isa_7:14
Luk 2:13  Then suddenly there appeared with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host (angelic army) praising God and saying, 
Luk 2:14  "Glory to God in the highest [heaven], And on earth peace among men with whom He is well-pleased." 
Luk 2:15  When the angels had gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds began saying one to another, "Let us go straight to Bethlehem, and see this [wonderful] thing that has happened which the Lord has made known to us." 
Luk 2:16  So they went in a hurry and found their way to Mary and Joseph, and the Baby as He lay in the manger. 
Luk 2:17  And when they had seen this, they made known what had been told them about this Child, 
Luk 2:18  and all who heard it were astounded and wondered at what the shepherds told them. 
Luk 2:19  But Mary treasured all these things, giving careful thought to them and pondering them in her heart. 
Luk 2:20  The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all that they had heard and seen, just as it had been told them. 
Luk 2:21  At the end of eight days, when He was to be circumcised, He was named Jesus, the name given [to Him] by the angel [Gabriel] before He was conceived in the womb. 

(Amplified Bible with notes)

God took on the likeness of man and came into the world to redeem us from our sins. God is One, in body, soul, and spirit. 

.and this with reference to Isaiah 7:14 which when search is not found in Isaiah 7:14 "which, when translated, means, "GOD WITH US." [Isa_7:14] "

I have given the highest reputation to this post because the scriptures and not for the comments which ate posted without reference to the scriptures and which maybe a mix of something from scripture and man's understanding unless it is proven other wise with scripture as it is in the end sentence which is not a scripture which is this and needs to be reviewed and saw cause for it's truthfulness.  "God took on the likeness of man and came into the world to redeem us from our sins. God is One, in body, soul, and spirit.". 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I have given the highest reputation to this post because the scriptures and not for the comments which ate posted without reference to the scriptures and which maybe a mix of something from scripture and man's understanding unless it is proven other wise with scripture as it is in the end sentence which is not a scripture which is this and needs to be reviewed and saw cause for it's truthfulness.  "God took on the likeness of man and came into the world to redeem us from our sins. God is One, in body, soul, and spirit.". 

God took on the likeness of man ---  Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: (Philippians 2:5-7)

Came into the world to redeem us from our sins. --  our Lord Jesus Christ, Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world,  (Galatians 1:3-4)

God is One -- “Hear, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord is one! (Deuteronomy 6:4)  

body soul and spirit -- Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, -- and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.  5:23

Edited by Truswell

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7

1 hour ago, Truswell said:

God took on the likeness of man ---  Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: (Philippians 2:5-7)

Came into the world to redeem us from our sins. --  our Lord Jesus Christ, Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world,  (Galatians 1:3-4)

God is One -- “Hear, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord is one! (Deuteronomy 6:4)  

body soul and spirit -- Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, -- and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.  5:23

Thank you for your response. Thank you for the scripture in Philippians 2:5-7.

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: (Philippians 2:5-7)

Who being in the form of God, (that statement gives us an insight that Jesus preexisting in the form of God.) thought it not robbery to be equal with God: (these statements are made by Paul already mature in the faith and when he said: thought it not robbery to be equal with God (to say to be equal with God that statement takes into consideration that Paul had the same concept in his mind as the disciple John did in the Gospel of John 1:1-5) where John is telling us that the WORD was with God and came from God and the Word was God and through him God created all things that were created.) The Word who created also man and was made known as the Creator of all things and of Adam and Eve and the God of their children and the God of Enoch and the God of Noah and the God of Abraham's family and the God Almighty of Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and the Sons of Jacob the twelve Patriarhs of the Nation of Israel. And the Lord God of Moses and of the Ten Commandments and the Covenant of Sinai, and the Lord God of Elijah and Isaiah and David and Jeremiah are the other prophets Hosea, Micah Ezekiel and the other prophets. 

When Paul made the comments in Philippians 2: 5-7 he had all these things in his mind and a lot more about the man Jesus Christ his death and his resurrection and his glorification. 

And in Luke we have a lot about the birth of Jesus Christ from his mother Mary after the nine months incubation period for a human and the need for someone to cut the biblical cord at the time of his birth. 

I am not sure if Paul had this knowledge from the Gospel of Luke but he must have the knowledge that the Lord had given him. Paul is telling the leaders of the faith not to Lord it over the faithful but to be Servants of their needs taking Jesus as the example who must have known all about who he was and what he did before he left everything to be born by the miracle of God in Bethlehem from his mother Mary. And even though he knew about his preexisting past he made himself a Servant to the needs of others...and he was a servant to his mission to what he came to accomplish.  

Edited by Your closest friendnt
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Thank you for your response. Thank you for the scripture in Philippians 2:5-7.

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: (Philippians 2:5-7)

Who being in the form of God, (that statement gives us an insight that Jesus preexisting in the form of God.) thought it not robbery to be equal with God: (these statements are made by Paul already mature in the faith and when he said: thought it not robbery to be equal with God (to say to be equal with God that statement takes into consideration that Paul had the same concept in his mind as the disciple John did in the Gospel of John 1:1-5) where John is telling us that the WORD was with God and came from God and the Word was God and through him God created all things that were created.) The Word who created also man and was made known as the Creator of all things and of Adam and Eve and the God of their children and the God of Enoch and the God of Noah and the God of Abraham's family and the God Almighty of Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and the Sons of Jacob the twelve Patriarhs of the Nation of Israel. And the Lord God of Moses and of the Ten Commandments and the Covenant of Sinai, and the Lord God of Elijah and Isaiah and David and Jeremiah are the other prophets Hosea, Micah Ezekiel and the other prophets. 

When Paul made the comments in Philippians 2: 5-7 he had all these things in his mind and a lot more about the man Jesus Christ his death and his resurrection and his glorification. 

And in Luke we have a lot about the birth of Jesus Christ from his mother Mary after the nine months incubation period for a human and the need for someone to cut the biblical cord at the time of his birth. 

I am not sure if Paul had this knowledge from the Gospel of Luke but he must have the knowledge that the Lord had given him. Paul is telling the leaders of the faith not to Lord it over the faithful but to be Servants of their needs taking Jesus as the example who must have known all about who he was and what he did before he left everything to be born by the miracle of God in Bethlehem from his mother Mary. And even though he knew about his preexisting past he made himself a Servant to the needs of others...and he was a servant to his mission to what he came to accomplish.  

Where can I find my posts from a few weeks ago, please?

6 hours ago, Truswell said:

Where can I find my posts from a few weeks ago, please?

Is it on this thread? Di you remember if anyone responded? Or if anyone gave a reputation? Or you gave a reputation. 

54 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Is it on this thread? Di you remember if anyone responded? Or if anyone gave a reputation? Or you gave a reputation. 

Sorry, I should have said "Where can I find my threads?

Not to worry, I found it.

I asked because you were explaining the book of Philippians to me.

Edited by Truswell
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,090
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

On 11/3/2023 at 10:17 PM, Your closest friendnt said:

If someone asks you to explain that, what would you say?

At other edges, is label of relationship terms.  inside the pie slices are the scriptures.   There are better easy to read graphics of this chart, I did not find them.

Googled   Jesus is Jehovah.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,654
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 11/6/2023 at 7:18 PM, Daniel Marsh said:

At other edges, is label of relationship terms.  inside the pie slices are the scriptures.   There are better easy to read graphics of this chart, I did not find them.

Googled   Jesus is Jehovah.

So did I.

"Jesus Christ, as Jehovah, established Heavenly Father's everlasting gospel on the earth in every dispensation of time in order to gather in every one of God's children who were lost. Our faith in Jesus Christ can be strengthened as we come to recognize His unchanging nature and His everlasting gospel."

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest AFlameOfFire
On 10/7/2023 at 2:08 PM, Your closest friendnt said:

Yes make it simple. Did the Heavenly Father spoke from Heaven above. The Heaven was opened and the Holy Spirit descended directly and specifically on Jesus and not to John and anyone else after the Heavenly Father declaration that Jesus is his Son. 

Do you need help to see the Heavenly Father in Heaven and his Son Jesus standing by John the Baptist who gave the testimony that Jesus is the Christ of God. 

That specific time the Holy Spirit from the Heavenly Father was given only to Jesus and not to John or to anyone else. Jesus did not baptized anyone with the Holy Ghost till the day of Pentecost. 

@JohnD discuss the scriptures, this is what we suppose to do...to discuss the scriptures. 

I know this is from back in October here I was looking for something I had posted that I could not find and fell upon this one here. Unless this was discussed later in the thread, I totally missed it, but scripture does show us that John did have the Holy Ghost from his mothers womb

Luke 1:13 But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John.

Luke 1:14 And thou shalt have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth.

Luke 1:15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

1 hour ago, AFlameOfFire said:

I know this is from back in October here I was looking for something I had posted that I could not find and fell upon this one here. Unless this was discussed later in the thread, I totally missed it, but scripture does show us that John did have the Holy Ghost from his mothers womb

Luke 1:13 But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John.

Luke 1:14 And thou shalt have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth.

Luke 1:15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

The Holy Spirit that works in us is given to us in the New Testament, is given in the name of Jesus and it comes from the Heavenly Father.

It is not limited to the ministry to the children of God in Jesus Christ, the Slain Lamb of God who died for the forgiveness of our sins and the sins of anyone who believes in Jesus Christ. 

Paul let's us know that the Holy Spirit the Paracletus in the KNEW  Testament is testifying to anyone who believes that he/she are the children of God and continously will be the children of God on the principle of faith alone partakers in the eternal Atonement in the blood of Jesus Christ

And this is so the children of God the believers in Jesus Christ leave without the fear the children of God in the Old Testament leave as the children under the Sinai Covenant who had their sins Atone yearly with the need of the Temple and the ministry of the Priests. And they had to be eligible to participate in that yearly Atonement.  

Regarding John who was not under the blood of Jesus Christ because Jesus Christ had not died yet, and for that matter he was not in the Life of the Heavenly Father and this is why the Holy Spirit of the Father abide only in Jesus Christ the only one with the Life of God in him.  

And John said at that time to Jesus that he wants to have what Jesus had and he did not have and that is the Life of the Heavenly Father.  And this is why Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and the sons of Jacob the Israelites and those of their household did not have a Heavenly Inheritance with the Heavenly Father waiting for Jesus Christ to be included in Jesus Christ Heavenly Inheritance with the Heavenly Father, the Inheritance which is from above. The Heavenly Inheritance with is with the Heavenly Father. 

The Holy Spirit since the day of Pentecost testifies everytime the Gospel is preached that it is true that Jesus Christ has died for the forgiveness of the sins of every one in the world.