JohnD

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

@JohnD bellow is my post you replied to but for some reason and you know why you replied without quoting the post you replied to. 

From page 2, about half way down the page. This is what I wrote in parentheses. 

("Not in the scriptures. The Father is the Father. Jesus called him the Heavenly Father because He was in Heaven. And the Heaven was opened and a voice was heard, "this is my son" and the Holy Spirit from the open Heaven identify for whom these words were spoken when he descended on Jesus only. And John gave the testimony that the Holy Spirit was descended only on Jesus. 

And what followed; the Holy Spirit took Jesus to the dessert and the Devil in due time tried to tempt Jesus with the prophetic statements about the Messiah of God. 

Jesus accepted that those prophetic statements the Devil recited which were written about the Messiah that were written about him. Jesus knew who he was and what lies ahead of him. Jesus knew all about his mission and that he would die on the Cross and he had accepted it, when he showed up at the Jordan River so he can be empowered from above for the mission that was ahead of him which began right at the time when Heaven opened and the Holy Spirit from the Heavenly Father came upon him to quide him and begin his mission. Jesus agreed to what the Father had plan for him. At that time he denied the earthly things of having a wife and a family and having a house to live in and any other material things.

When the two disciples of John asked him where do you live? Jesus said come and see.

Jesus did not take them to any house but to where he was sleeping, Jesus was homeless at that time and he was sleeping in the open, without a roof over his head.

Edited 10 hours ago by Your closest friendn")

And the scriptures that were considered. 

Mathew 3:16-17 

16. As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him.

17. And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”

Mathew 4: 1-3

4 Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. 2 After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. 3 The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.”

And ch.4, verse 10-11

10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’”

11 Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.

@JohnD and you reply to my post as if I am not quoting the scriptures in Mathew 3: and 4:. As if I am quoting from some other book and not the bible. 

It seems that you were quoting from some other book than Mathew 3:,4. You did not identify that book and if it is part of the Bible or not. And if not you did not identify the year that first came into circulation and by whom.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

No. Not it's not that you are not quoting scriptures, you are referring to texts that speak to the dual nature of Jesus Christ in such a way that comes across as applying them to the nature of God.

The question that comes to my mind is, do you believe the doctrine of the Trinity?

41 minutes ago, JohnD said:

No. Not it's not that you are not quoting scriptures, you are referring to texts that speak to the dual nature of Jesus Christ in such a way that comes across as applying them to the nature of God.

The question that comes to my mind is, do you believe the doctrine of the Trinity?

Make it simple. Why you are struggling with your self with what you perceive someone else said or he says one thing but he was suggesting something else.

Make it simple because I did not suggest something else than what the scripture says and it is clearly that the Heavenly Father said: that this is my Son and in him I am well pleased and because John and Jesus were standing side by side John the Baptist said that was not said about me but it was said about Jesus and John said the Holy Spirit from God gave witness that it was said about Jesus because it came upon Jesus only and not him or anyone else. And it took Jesus to the dessert to be tested and we have further the testimony that the Devil tried to destroy Jesus at the beginning of his mission by tell Jesus to do things contrary to the will of God. And the testimony of the Angels that came to minister to him. 

If I was you I will say "yes" all this are recorded in the New Testament in the book of Matthew and chapter ...and verses ....and from the narative we understand that took place during the reign of the Sinai Covenant. And if you want you may mention that John was six months older than Jesus and the encounter of John and Jesus while yet in their mothers before they were yet born and the fact that John and Jesus were cousins...

Jesus was a cousin to John the Baptist and that will never change...no one can deny that. Jesus had relatives and he had a mother. All the scriptures points that Jesus will be born and grow up to adulhood and no one could tell by his family background and by his looks that he was the Son of God. But the Jews believed and correctly that the Messiah will be one of them but whom? Who is the one? Some thought that John the Baptist was the one because he was baptized for the forgiveness of sins inspite of being from the Levitical priesthood and not from the tribe of David. 

8 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Make it simple. Why you are struggling with your self with what you perceive someone else said or he says one thing but he was suggesting something else.

Make it simple because I did not suggest something else than what the scripture says and it is clearly that the Heavenly Father said: that this is my Son and in him I am well pleased and because John and Jesus were standing side by side John the Baptist said that was not said about me but it was said about Jesus and John said the Holy Spirit from God gave witness that it was said about Jesus because it came upon Jesus only and not him or anyone else. And it took Jesus to the dessert to be tested and we have further the testimony that the Devil tried to destroy Jesus at the beginning of his mission by tell Jesus to do things contrary to the will of God. And the testimony of the Angels that came to minister to him. 

If I was you I will say "yes" all this are recorded in the New Testament in the book of Matthew and chapter ...and verses ....and from the narative we understand that took place during the reign of the Sinai Covenant. And if you want you may mention that John was six months older than Jesus and the encounter of John and Jesus while yet in their mothers before they were yet born and the fact that John and Jesus were cousins...

Jesus was a cousin to John the Baptist and that will never change...no one can deny that. Jesus had relatives and he had a mother. All the scriptures points that Jesus will be born and grow up to adulhood and no one could tell by his family background and by his looks that he was the Son of God. But the Jews believed and correctly that the Messiah will be one of them but whom? Who is the one? Some thought that John the Baptist was the one because he was baptized for the forgiveness of sins inspite of being from the Levitical priesthood and not from the tribe of David. 

Making it simple.

Yes or no, do you believe in the Trinity?

24 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Making it simple.

Yes or no, do you believe in the Trinity?

Yes make it simple. Did the Heavenly Father spoke from Heaven above. The Heaven was opened and the Holy Spirit descended directly and specifically on Jesus and not to John and anyone else after the Heavenly Father declaration that Jesus is his Son. 

Do you need help to see the Heavenly Father in Heaven and his Son Jesus standing by John the Baptist who gave the testimony that Jesus is the Christ of God. 

That specific time the Holy Spirit from the Heavenly Father was given only to Jesus and not to John or to anyone else. Jesus did not baptized anyone with the Holy Ghost till the day of Pentecost. 

@JohnD discuss the scriptures, this is what we suppose to do...to discuss the scriptures. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt

Guest AFlameOfFire
9 hours ago, Truswell said:

That situation was for thirty-three years, as only God in the flesh can redeem mankind and pay the penalty for our sins. 

When Jesus on earth before he ascended to the Father he said,

John 14:8 I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

He had not ascended here yet and says

John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them,

I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

And this is the Father saying to the Son

Psalm 110:1 [[A Psalm of David.]] The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

God having made Jesus both Lord and Christ

Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Where he is still seated

Heb 10:13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.

Ephes 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, 
may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

Ephes 1:18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

Ephes 1:19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

Ephes 1:20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand (where he presently is)  in the heavenly places,

Ephes 1:21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

Next verse

Ephes 1:22-23 And hath put all things under his feet,(See also 1 Cr 15:27) and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,(See 1 Cr 11:3) Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

His head (God) gave him (Jesus) to be head of the church (his body) from a position of being seated in the heaven (see also Acts 2:33)

Same is shown here from his position at the right hand of the Father

1 Cr 15:24 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

1 Cr 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that **he is excepted**, which did put all things under him.

1 Cr 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

The throne

Mat 5:33 But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:

And we looking unto Jesus seated at the right hand of the throne of God

Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Where we see the Father saying unto the Son who is ascended in this picture here

Hebrews 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Following through into the next verse in the psalm Hebrews is taken from

Psalm 45:7 Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

God having made Jesus both Lord and Christ (who is seated at his right hand) says to the Son, "Thy throne O God, yet "therefore God thy God". Whereas Jesus who was made both Lord and Christ said,  I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. From that very postition God the Father says, "Therefore God thy God" unto the Son even whle acknowledging the Son of God as God. The head of Jesus Christ (our Lord) is His God (the Father) who put all things under him (who is excepted).

1 Cr 8:1 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Edited by AFlameOfFire

56 minutes ago, AFlameOfFire said:

When Jesus on earth before he ascended to the Father he said,

John 14:8 I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

He had not ascended here yet and says

John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them,

I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

And this is the Father saying to the Son

Psalm 110:1 [[A Psalm of David.]] The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

God having made Jesus both Lord and Christ

Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Where he is still seated

Heb 10:13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.

Ephes 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, 
may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

Ephes 1:18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

Ephes 1:19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

Ephes 1:20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand (where he presently is)  in the heavenly places,

Ephes 1:21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

Next verse

Ephes 1:22-23 And hath put all things under his feet,(See also 1 Cr 15:27) and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,(See 1 Cr 11:3) Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

His head (God) gave him (Jesus) to be head of the church (his body) from a position of being seated in the heaven (see also Acts 2:33)

Same is shown here from his position at the right hand of the Father

1 Cr 15:24 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

1 Cr 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that **he is excepted**, which did put all things under him.

1 Cr 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

The throne

Mat 5:33 But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:

And we looking unto Jesus seated at the right hand of the throne of God

Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Where we see the Father saying unto the Son who is ascended in this picture here

Hebrews 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Following through into the next verse in the psalm Hebrews is taken from

Psalm 45:7 Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

God having made Jesus both Lord and Christ (who is seated at his right hand) says to the Son, "Thy throne O God, yet "therefore God thy God". Whereas Jesus who was made both Lord and Christ said,  I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. From that very postition God the Father says, "Therefore God thy God" unto the Son even whle acknowledging the Son of God as God. The head of Jesus Christ (our Lord) is His God (the Father) who put all things under him (who is excepted).

1 Cr 8:1 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

I was blessed with your post. Still no one can know precisely how I was blessed and in what way. Yes Jesus said those things to Peter right after his resurrection and he ascended to the Heavenly Father and he came back to them or descended again to be with them for awhile till the time of his ascension infront of numerous witnesses. 

And then we learn that many things took place in the Heavenly realm. 

That Jesus was declared as the Christ of God and the Lord of all and the Judge of all. That the Heavenly Father sited Jesus on his right on his Throne for everyone in the Heavens to see that God gave to a man, the man Jesus Christ the Heavenly Kingdom and he made him Lord and all the Angels in Heaven above including all of them bow down before him before the Man Jesus and we know how Jesus was born from the prophetic and not only in Esaiah and from the book of Luke in the New Testament. 

The Apostle Paul said something that summarize a lot. He said that the Heavenly Father gave to a man everything he had, when he said he bestowed upon him all his Theotis and all his powers and everything that Jesus needed to be in charge of the Kingdom of God. 

All power and all dominion was given to the Man Jesus Christ. It please God to give the Kingdom to Jesus Christ to the man Jesus Christ the Son of God. 

And then in the book of Revelation we see how Jesus was when he appeared to his disciple John. He was not the same as the last time when John showed him at the time of his ascension to Heaven. What a difference! 

The last time others showed Jesus on the way to the Cross, others while he was on the Cross.  Others had other memories of him as the last time of seeing him before his ascension, but in Revelation we see Jesus full of his Glory. 

When John showed him in Revelation one he fall down before him, and Jesus said I am the Alpha and Omega, I am the Almighty God. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt

1 hour ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Yes make it simple. Did the Heavenly Father spoke from Heaven above. The Heaven was opened and the Holy Spirit descended directly and specifically on Jesus and not to John and anyone else after the Heavenly Father declaration that Jesus is his Son. 

Do you need help to see the Heavenly Father in Heaven and his Son Jesus standing by John the Baptist who gave the testimony that Jesus is the Christ of God. 

That specific time the Holy Spirit from the Heavenly Father was given only to Jesus and not to John or to anyone else. Jesus did not baptized anyone with the Holy Ghost till the day of Pentecost. 

@JohnD discuss the scriptures, this is what we suppose to do...to discuss the scriptures. 

Alrighty then, I will take your obfuscation as a no... you do not believe in the Trinity.

2 hours ago, JohnD said:

Alrighty then, I will take your obfuscation as a no... you do not believe in the Trinity.

Do you understand what you are doing?  You are not authorize to speak for me, even my wife is not authorize to speak for me. I discussed the issues at hand and I stay away from personal questions and answers, which is against the toss. From interrogative questions. I discuss the issues and nothing personal. 

Ask me something that can be found in scripture...from the teachings of the disciples. That I can read in scripture and cross reference.