• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.37
  • Content Count:  3,427
  • Content Per Day:  6.24
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

In fellowshipping with a brother Sunday, I realized something I'd not really thought about before - the faith that Jesus exhibited. When we talk about faith in the bible, I always think about folks like Abraham and Paul and those ones mentioned in Hebrews 11 (yes, even Sampson). But I don't normally think about the faith exhibited by Jesus so much.  Why? I guess it's me thinking, "Well He's God in the flesh, so of course He had faith" or something like this (I actually didn't think about it all that much)!

But Jesus was the "Son of Man" and went about doing things completely as a Man.  Yet, He had faith in His Father, even unto the cross.  And He believed for all of us, in order for us to be produced from His resurrection!

The brother I spoke with was telling me that a good picture of this was with Abraham and Isaac. The promise of God was that in him all the nations would be blessed, and he had faith that God was able to raise Isaac from the dead. Christ had faith in that respect too - believing for all of us!

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

God once spoke to my heart: "Willa, oh you of little faith!"  That is when I realized that all I need is a tiny bit of faith, that as of a mustard seed. What we do need is to realize how big our God is. It is like what Vine Abider said, the God Who created the universe can accomplish anything that is according to His will.  We discover His will in Scriptures.  

Sometimes we must pray "Lord I believe, help my unbelief".   Occasionally God gives us a gift of faith that is so solid--we know but we know that God will fulfill His promise.   I believe this kind of faith springs from HIS faith.  

Before Hubby was saved he started telling me all the reasons he couldn't become a Christian, listing all his sins (and I could think of many more).  But as I listened to some really bad things he was doing, God suddenly reminded me that it is because he is a sinner that he CAN be saved.   I could't help the smile that started growing--inside I was rejoicing!  Of course, hubby didn't appreciate my smile and got angry.  He was baring his soul and I was smiling!  Never will I forget that at a time that I could have been reeling with grief God again gave me faith for hubby's salvation and turned my mourning into dancing.

Psa 30:11  You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,  Psa 30:12  To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.

• Praise God! 1

12 hours ago, Willa said:

God once spoke to my heart: "Willa, oh you of little faith!"  That is when I realized that all I need is a tiny bit of faith, that as of a mustard seed. What we do need is to realize how big our God is. It is like what Vine Abider said, the God Who created the universe can accomplish anything that is according to His will.  We discover His will in Scriptures.  

Sometimes we must pray "Lord I believe, help my unbelief".   Occasionally God gives us a gift of faith that is so solid--we know but we know that God will fulfill His promise.   I believe this kind of faith springs from HIS faith.  

Before Hubby was saved he started telling me all the reasons he couldn't become a Christian, listing all his sins (and I could think of many more).  But as I listened to some really bad things he was doing, God suddenly reminded me that it is because he is a sinner that he CAN be saved.   I could't help the smile that started growing--inside I was rejoicing!  Of course, hubby didn't appreciate my smile and got angry.  He was baring his soul and I was smiling!  Never will I forget that at a time that I could have been reeling with grief God again gave me faith for hubby's salvation and turned my mourning into dancing.

Psa 30:11  You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,  Psa 30:12  To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.

Thanks for sharing - it was touching hearing about your hubby. (and regardless, the Lord caught him!)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  173
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/26/2023 at 10:46 AM, Vine Abider said:

In fellowshipping with a brother Sunday, I realized something I'd not really thought about before - the faith that Jesus exhibited. When we talk about faith in the bible, I always think about folks like Abraham and Paul and those ones mentioned in Hebrews 11 (yes, even Sampson). But I don't normally think about the faith exhibited by Jesus so much.  Why? I guess it's me thinking, "Well He's God in the flesh, so of course He had faith" or something like this (I actually didn't think about it all that much)!

But Jesus was the "Son of Man" and went about doing things completely as a Man.  Yet, He had faith in His Father, even unto the cross.  And He believed for all of us, in order for us to be produced from His resurrection!

The brother I spoke with was telling me that a good picture of this was with Abraham and Isaac. The promise of God was that in him all the nations would be blessed, and he had faith that God was able to raise Isaac from the dead. Christ had faith in that respect too - believing for all of us!

John 5:19  Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

John 5:30  I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Heb 11:6  But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

John 8:28  Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things. :29  And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

• Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, PATrobas said:

John 5:19  Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

John 5:30  I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Heb 11:6  But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

John 8:28  Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things. :29  And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

Good verses!  Yes, and He always made the choice to follow what His Father was saying and doing!  The Son of Man put His trust (faith) in God, even unto death.

The Firstborn Son was believing for all of us.

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi,

The KJV states the faith of Jesus whereas other English language bibles tend to read the faith in Jesus. Galatians 3:22 “But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.” 

While I have faith in Jesus, my faith is weak, just as an Apostle's faith  was weak. I fail just as an Apostle failed, but like that Apostle I too come back to my faith trusting in the faith of Jesus alone.

Who is found to be worthy? Is it me? Or is it Jesus alone? It is not me.

Galatians 2:20 - I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Also see Revelation 5 in it's entirety.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1
  • Interesting! 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  316
  • Content Per Day:  1.14

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

Hi,

The KJV states the faith of Jesus whereas other English language bibles tend to read the faith in Jesus. Galatians 3:22 “But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.” 

While I have faith in Jesus, my faith is weak, just as an Apostle's faith  was weak. I fail just as an Apostle failed, but like that Apostle I too come back to my faith trusting in the faith of Jesus alone.

Who is found to be worthy? Is it me? Or is it Jesus alone? It is not me.

Galatians 2:20 - I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Also see Revelation 5 in it's entirety.

Thanks for sharing! That is interesting the KJV translates it differently. More to study. 

• Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  173
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Solus Christus said:

Thanks for sharing! That is interesting the KJV translates it differently. More to study. 

The doctrine of the "faith of Christ" is found in many translations but best brought out in the KJV where the difference between faith "of" and faith "in" is most evident. Hebrews 12:2 identifies the originator of faith, Ephesians 2:8 identifies faith as a gift. Other interesting verses are:

Heb 12:2  Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. 

Act 3:16  And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.

Rom 3:22  Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Gal 2:16  Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Gal 2:20  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Gal 3:22  But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Gal 3:26  For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Phil 3:9  And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith.

Col 1:4  Since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus, and of the love which ye have to all the saints,

Jas 2:1  My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  316
  • Content Per Day:  1.14

11 minutes ago, PATrobas said:

The doctrine of the "faith of Christ" is found in many translations but best brought out in the KJV where the difference between faith "of" and faith "in" is most evident. Hebrews 12:2 identifies the originator of faith, Ephesians 2:8 identifies faith as a gift. Other interesting verses are:

Heb 12:2  Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. 

Act 3:16  And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.

Rom 3:22  Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Gal 2:16  Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Gal 2:20  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Gal 3:22  But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Gal 3:26  For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Phil 3:9  And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith.

Col 1:4  Since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus, and of the love which ye have to all the saints,

Jas 2:1  My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons.

Grazie! Thank you for comparing faith in versus faith of. I shall add this yo my studies. :) 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,955
  • Content Per Day:  5.48
  • Days Won:  45
  • Birthday:  01/25/1961

That's why the KJV is my favorite translation for private study and just plain reading.  It's pretty in depth on some things.  Thank you for sharing these verses @PATrobas.

• Thumbs Up 2