IGNORED

YEC's cannot reconcile "tohu wabohu" in Gen 1:2 with the same 2 words in Jer 4:23!

FreeGrace

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,419
  • Content Per Day:  8.21
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, teddyv said:

Making a point that you cannot defend?  If you don't want to be called out on stuff like that then don't make claims you can't source or backup.

Are you done yet?

1 hour ago, teddyv said:

I can drop the point, but this will only mean I will treat your views with deep skepticism. So I won't really be "over it".

Obviously not.

• Please stop fighting!  Thanks!  :) 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.86

On 8/18/2023 at 5:22 PM, teddyv said:

Making a point that you cannot defend?  If you don't want to be called out on stuff like that then don't make claims you can't source or backup.

I can drop the point, but this will only mean I will treat your views with deep skepticism. So I won't really be "over it".

Knock yourself out.

Everybody makes points that cannot be acceptable to everyone who reads it. I hope we (at Worthy Christian Forums) can agree to disagree and move on. I find value in discussions with all the people below. It's important to be able to discuss subjects which we may not ever agree with. That doesn't mean value can't be found in people you disagree with. Make ignore a last action.

@teddyv @FreeGrace @BeyondET

Edited by SavedOnebyGrace

• Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,868
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

5 hours ago, SavedOnebyGrace said:

Everybody makes points that cannot be acceptable to everyone who reads it. I hope we (at Worthy Christian Forums) can agree to disagree and move on. I find value in discussions with all the people below. It's important to be able to discuss subjects which we may not ever agree with. That doesn't mean value can't be found in people you disagree with. Make ignore a last action.

@teddyv @FreeGrace @BeyondET

I liked what you mentioned before about the opening two verses being a narrative

If the earth became a wasteland. imo i can see that happening before God said let the earth bring forth vegetation. the land became dry appearing from the water. A desert wasteland with no vegetation, no life on a desolate dry land scape.

gen 1

10God called the dry land “earth,” and the gathering of waters He called “seas.” And God saw that it was good.

11Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth vegetation: seed-bearing plants and fruit trees, each bearing fruit with seed according to its kind.” And it was so.

Edited by BeyondET
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.86

On 8/22/2023 at 2:20 AM, BeyondET said:

I liked what you mentioned before about the opening two verses being a narrative

If the earth became a wasteland. imo i can see that happening before God said let the earth bring forth vegetation. the land became dry appearing from the water. A desert wasteland with no vegetation, no life on a desolate dry land scape.

gen 1

10God called the dry land “earth,” and the gathering of waters He called “seas.” And God saw that it was good.

11Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth vegetation: seed-bearing plants and fruit trees, each bearing fruit with seed according to its kind.” And it was so.

The problem comes when we try to make Genesis actual Science. Prehistory is only glossed over unless you believe God is a deceiver. (That's the problem I have YEC) Genesis was a stumbling block for me. My parochial school teaching was inconsistent at best and led me to agnosticism for over a decade. Maybe that's why I am so drawn to the Genesis Gap Theory or the Day-Age Theory.  Genesis is written for people in an agrarian society. The days may be longer or not in the same order, but the truth of creation remains.  But in any case, our salvation does not depend on one view or another. I was taught a literal interpretation and evolution, that Genesis is not literal, all in parochial schools. This drove me to a decade of agnosticism. 

The creation account is beautifully presented by Moses.

Edited by SavedOnebyGrace
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,868
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

4 hours ago, SavedOnebyGrace said:

The problem comes when we try to make Genesis actual Science. Prehistory is only glossed over unless you believe God is a deceiver. (That's the problem I have YEC) Genesis was a stumbling block for me. My parochial school teaching was inconsistent at best and led me to agnosticism for over a decade. Maybe that's why I am so drawn to the Genesis Gap Theory or the Day-Age Theory.  Genesis is written for people in an agrarian society. The days may be longer or not in the same order, but the truth of creation remains.  But in any case, our salvation does not depend on one view of another. I was taught a literal interpretation and evolution, that Genesis is not literal, all in parochial schools. This drove me to a decade of agnosticism. 

The creation account is beautifully presented by Moses.

Most sciences is about discovering not necessarily an invention. Some hit the mark some don't, its sort of like interpretations.

I agree salvation isn't based on different interpretations.

There isn't enough books to cover every detail of creation. What's been written is limited in its scope. Neither the people of long ago or today can fully comprehend every aspect of creation.

It's written in such away that even a child can somewhat comprehend along with the most intellectual people of the times.

Edited by BeyondET
  • Well Said! 1