• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,876
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

2 hours ago, FreeGrace said:

You do know that I am only speaking about Genesis 1 and earth.  Right?

Nothing else in the universe is relevant to Genesis 1.  

And?

Correct.

When you say God created time that's not just reserved for earth or genesis. You open that door.

So the heavens or let there be light or lights in the expanse are not relevant in Genesis, hmm...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,476
  • Content Per Day:  8.05

27 minutes ago, BeyondET said:

What isn't evolution any more than a couple having a child??? What are you referring too?

I was commenting on what you said, as if animals reproducing was evolution.

27 minutes ago, BeyondET said:

Rather evolutionists mentions a young earth or not still doesn't demand an old earth.

How can the theory of Darwin's evolution occur with a very young earth?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,476
  • Content Per Day:  8.05

22 minutes ago, BeyondET said:

When you say God created time that's not just reserved for earth or genesis. You open that door.

I have no idea what "it's reserved for".  Nor do you or anyone else.  My focus is on Genesis only.

22 minutes ago, BeyondET said:

So the heavens or let there be light or lights in the expanse are not relevant in Genesis, hmm...

What are you referring to?  God created light in Genesis, so how's that NOT relevant to Genesis?

9 hours ago, FreeGrace said:

I was commenting on what you said, as if animals reproducing was evolution.

That's not what I meant.

Darwin evolution is something I don’t subscribe to. I don't believe humans evolved from apes.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, FreeGrace said:

I have no idea what "it's reserved for".  Nor do you or anyone else.  My focus is on Genesis only.

What are you referring to?  God created light in Genesis, so how's that NOT relevant to Genesis?

Time doesn't apply just to Genesis.

Those lights are in the galaxy and others in the universe which everything physical resides in of coarse the universe is relevant you said it isnt I disagree.

Edited by BeyondET

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  777
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Birthday:  09/05/1962

10 hours ago, BeyondET said:

The problem with the idea of everything was created mature and intact is that it's not mentioned in the bible as such. Saying the truth of God revealed, doesn't improve the hypothesis and evolution isn't a religion.

And the earth brought forth grass, << Not grass seed, and herb yielding seed after his kind,<< mature plants have seeds, not seedlings, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself,<< It takes 5-7 years for fruit trees to produce fruit, yet they had fruit the moment they were created.

And God created great whales,<< not calves, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind:<< No babies.  They were adults on the day they were created, as were the animals, as was Adam, as was Eve.  The commonality is that everything was created in its maturity, not its infancy.  The earth was perfectly suited to sustain life because it was created that way.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  777
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Birthday:  09/05/1962

23 hours ago, BeyondET said:

From Genesis 1 we know God said let the earth bring forth.

We also know that it all happened on the sixth day.

The Bible doesn't tell us the age of the earth, only the amount of time since its creation.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, RV_Wizard said:

And the earth brought forth grass, << Not grass seed, and herb yielding seed after his kind,<< mature plants have seeds, not seedlings, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself,<< It takes 5-7 years for fruit trees to produce fruit, yet they had fruit the moment they were created.

And God created great whales,<< not calves, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind:<< No babies.  They were adults on the day they were created, as were the animals, as was Adam, as was Eve.  The commonality is that everything was created in its maturity, not its infancy.  The earth was perfectly suited to sustain life because it was created that way.

Fully mature trees are already grown. God grows trees He doesn't plant fully mature trees, without any pruning.

Cows have calves so that's not a good example.

Genesis 2:9

And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Edited by BeyondET

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  6,160
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  8

10 hours ago, FreeGrace said:

Exactly.  It didn't happen.

Incidentally, you should check out DNA barcoding which suggests virtually everything showed up at the same time, no more than 100,000 years ago.  That puts a huge dent into the Trillions of Years theory.

I can point you to the white paper if you have an interest.  I found it interesting that the white paper had to be re-released with a disclaimer that said the authors believed in evolution theory, you know, because the paper implied that the whole theory was garbage.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,088
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

14 hours ago, RV_Wizard said:

That is true.  Many things we have discovered are not mentioned.  Most of what we KNOW about science conforms to the teaching of the Bible.  For example, in Job we read He hangs the earth upon nothing.  Radio waves, ocean currents and electricity are hinted at but until they were discovered the verses seemed to not make sense.

Ocean currents were known by the ancient seagoing peoples.   Electricity was known in ancient times; look up the etymology.   Nothing about radio waves though.

Of course observed natural phenomena like electricity, ocean currents, evolution, and so on, are consistent with the Bible.   How could it be otherwise?