• Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,881
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

1 minute ago, LisaLola said:

Which means?

You said your from a seed which is dust. Every human is made of dust and will return to it there's no bypassing that if that's what your thinking. Dust is in you because you will return to the dust.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  1.83
  • Days Won:  2

16 minutes ago, BeyondET said:

You said your from a seed which is dust. Every human is made of dust and will return to it there's no bypassing that if that's what your thinking. Dust is in you because you will return to the dust.

We are all related to the seed of Adam?

so yes, we return to the earth/ dust....our spirit will be with God, where we will see him in his full Glory.

we inherited Adams sin?..

And no!....I never said I will bypass returning to the dust...that’s your assumption of me....try not to make assumptions of others, quite a few on this forum seem to do this.

you don’t know my thoughts and you don’t know me...so it would be good to quit assuming what you think you know about others...because you know nothing about them.or what they are “ thinking”.

Ecclesiastes 12:7-9

King James Version

Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Edited by LisaLola

1 hour ago, BeyondET said:

So this is what you think God formed man out of?

Did I say that?

i am trying to understand..” dust”..

stop assuming what “you” think I’m thinking...no wonder arguments break out on here.

we are related to Adams seed...?

therefore inherited his sin?

All of mankind inherited the sin of Adam and Eve?

Thus, believers can say all humans are descended from Adam and Eve, and no genetic evidence can falsify or confirm that belief. From a purely genetical perspective, it seems hard to contradict this thesis.

Edited by LisaLola

39 minutes ago, BeyondET said:

I did not say I’m from a seed which is dust?

i said I came from the seed of my Father ( human)...I am trying to understand dust......

If you can  stop getting personal please and stick with the discussion I’m having with you,about dust.

please keep your assumptions of me out of the discussion please.

Edited by LisaLola

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,089
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

8 hours ago, BeyondET said:

Though human and apes came from another ancestor, humans didn't evolve from apes.

Technically all hominids evolved from apes.    But anatomically modern humans evolved from other humans.    Who evolved from Australopithecines.   Who evolved from apes.   We fit in the clade of apes, because we are genetically closer to other apes than apes and humans are related to anything else.

What makes us unique apart from every other living thing on Earth is not genetic or physical, or even behavioral.    That was a gift directly from God.

2 hours ago, BeyondET said:

You might look into something called Irreducible Complexity.   It would prevent what you are suggesting.

Actually, the evolution of irreducibly complex features has been directly observed.  Would you like to talk about how that happens?

No, that's your misunderstanding.   It merely means that about 90% of existing animals evolved within the last 100,000 years.    It also means that about 10% of them evolved earlier than that.

"Ninety percent of existing animal species evolved within the last 100,000 years" could not in any case be twisted to mean "all animals appeared at the same time."

See above.   You not only revise scripture, you're now revising scientific papers.  

"Within 100,000 years" is not "the same time."    "About 90%" is not "all of them."

19 hours ago, Sparks said:

Yeah, you put a twist on it to arrive at your conclusion. 

No.   That was the conclusion of the authors of the paper you cited.   Did you read it?

19 hours ago, Sparks said:

There was no evolution of man, he just showed up on the scene. 

That's a testable assumption.    Are Neanderthals human?  Is H. heidelbergensis human?   Is H. erectus human?  How about H. ergaster?     Where will you draw the line?   And what is your evidence for it?    The difference between H. sapiens and H. erectus is less than between brown bears and polar bears, and yet creationists call the bears one "kind."   Explain this disparity in "creation theory."

20 hours ago, Sparks said:

Creationism is what God said he did. 

YE creationism is a modern revision of God's word.    Invented by the Seventh-Day Adventists in the early years of the last century, it was spread to fundamentalists by the Adventists.

I prefer His word to those of men.  Why do you doubt Him?

Edited by The Barbarian

On 12/28/2023 at 2:45 AM, BeyondET said:

I think metamorphosis had a bigger role in creation rather than being mostly confined to the insect world as it is today. 

How much do you know about the field of evolutionary development?    Evo-Devo has some surprising findings that might be of interest to you, if you don't already know about it.   

https://www.amazon.com/Endless-Forms-Most-Beautiful-Science/dp/0393327795

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,497
  • Content Per Day:  8.06

6 hours ago, LisaLola said:

You said that the properties of the dust are in me?

Did you not....I asked..show me using scripture that I have properties of dust in me?

which doesn’t even make sense, imo...

Here is the verse:  Genesis 2:7 - Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,497
  • Content Per Day:  8.06

5 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

Technically all hominids evolved from apes.    But anatomically modern humans evolved from other humans.    Who evolved from Australopithecines.   Who evolved from apes.   We fit in the clade of apes, because we are genetically closer to other apes than apes and humans are related to anything else.

All humans came from Adam.