• Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.87
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

16 hours ago, JimmyB said:

Policemen were killed on January 6th.

What are the names of those policemen who were killed on that day?

• Haha 1

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.15

20 hours ago, George said:

How many officers died?

Right now ... we have four who committed suicide.

https://www.newsweek.com/3-capitol-police-officers-have-died-suicide-since-january-6-insurrection-1615452

Do you find it odd that four police officers committed suicide?

Just so you know, I'm not condoning the Jan 6 riots ... but I believe there's MORE than meets the EYE!  Sadly, we live in an age where deception and lying is the norm, just as Jesus said it would be like in the last days.

Mat 24:3  And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world? 

Mat 24:4  And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. 

Be blessed,

george

We agree on one thing:  we live in an age where deception and lying is the norm, just as Jesus said it would be like in the last days.  I am concerned about the spiritual state of this country.  I am 80 years old and have been interested in politics ever since I was a teenager.  I haven't seen so much hatred, division, intolerance and violence since the days of the segregated south, and I don't see it improving at all.  People will believe the most blatant lies if they justify their spiritual cancer.

Jesus, repeating the Old Testament command, said that we should love our neighbor as ourself.  He also said "“You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ But I say to you: Do not resist an evildoer. But if anyone strikes you on the right cheek, turn the other also" Matthew 5:38-39

Clearly this kind of thinking is retreating quickly in today's society.  We, as a nation, are getting farther and farther away from Christian ethics.  If nothing changes, we will go the way that other societies have gone: descending into chaos and ruin.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,793
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  130
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

16 minutes ago, JimmyB said:

We agree on one thing:  we live in an age where deception and lying is the norm, just as Jesus said it would be like in the last days.  I am concerned about the spiritual state of this country. 

Just read an interesting tidbit the other day in the Didache, and I've been pondering it ... 

16:3 For in the last days false prophets and seducers shall be multiplied, and the sheep shall be turned into wolves, and love shall be turned into hate;

16:4 and because iniquity aboundeth they shall hate each other, and persecute each other, and deliver each other up; and then shall the Deceiver of the world appear as the Son of God, and shall do signs and wonders, and the earth shall be delivered into his hands; and he shall do unlawful things, such as have never happened since the beginning of the world.

How true is this about the church ... the iniquity that abounds that turns sheep into wolves and transforms love into hate? 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Content Per Day:  4.47

6 hours ago, Sparks said:

Exactly.  DeSantis does well on a state level because he can control state employees, but the swamp cannot be controlled.  

There are many government employees that can actually be fired by the president... something Trump failed to do because his advisors told him it will make him look bad and may damage his "legacy"

DeSantis won't have that problem as he'll wield the bully pulpit strategically and get much more done than Trump did, and there are some very good common sense policies Trump had going that DeSantis would put back in place. 

54 minutes ago, George said:

Just read an interesting tidbit the other day in the Didache, and I've been pondering it ... 

16:3 For in the last days false prophets and seducers shall be multiplied, and the sheep shall be turned into wolves, and love shall be turned into hate;

16:4 and because iniquity aboundeth they shall hate each other, and persecute each other, and deliver each other up; and then shall the Deceiver of the world appear as the Son of God, and shall do signs and wonders, and the earth shall be delivered into his hands; and he shall do unlawful things, such as have never happened since the beginning of the world.

How true is this about the church ... the iniquity that abounds that turns sheep into wolves and transforms love into hate? 

Most of the Christians that are know are good people, kind, caring, generous.  I don't think any of them will turn into "wolves".  That goes for real Christians who are led by the Spirit, not people who are Christians in name only.

There are many good people where I live ( northern New Mexico), but the rest of the country has its share of violent, prejudiced people.  IMHO something evil has happened, not too different from Nazi Germany in the early 20th Century.

Remember when Trump called the Nazis "good people" when they were marching in Charlottesville with their torches, chanting "Jews will not replace us".  And this year, on Rosh Hashanah, he said that liberal Jews who did not support him “voted to destroy America & Israel.”  And people want him to be President?

He is clearly anti-Semitic.  No thinking person who values our country should support him!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  6,159
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, Stan Murff said:

There are many government employees that can actually be fired by the president... something Trump failed to do because his advisors told him it will make him look bad and may damage his "legacy"

Trump fired most of his personal staff for himself and his wife, all czars but one, didn't accept a new plane, and took no pay check.   He fired a lot of people. 

• Steward

5 hours ago, JimmyB said:

He is clearly anti-Semitic.  No thinking person who values our country should support him!

His son-in-law is Jewish!  :)

And when he announced Jerusalem as the capital of Israel ... the Jerusalem Post ran an entire front page ... with Trump and stated, Promises Made, Promises Kept.

Your hatred is blinding you.  Personally, I believe believers should simply be pilgrims of this world, observing, praying, and interceding for it ... and if Paul and Peter called to pray for leaders who were PERSECUTING the church ... how much should we pray for any leader who is sitting as President?  

Be blessed,

George

• Thumbs Up 1

• Steward

j-post-trump.jpg

11 hours ago, George said:

His son-in-law is Jewish!  :)

And when he announced Jerusalem as the capital of Israel ... the Jerusalem Post ran an entire front page ... with Trump and stated, Promises Made, Promises Kept.

Your hatred is blinding you.  Personally, I believe believers should simply be pilgrims of this world, observing, praying, and interceding for it ... and if Paul and Peter called to pray for leaders who were PERSECUTING the church ... how much should we pray for any leader who is sitting as President?  

Be blessed,

George

Since you wrote this -- "Your hatred is blinding you." -- our discussion is finished.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Content Per Day:  4.47

18 hours ago, JimmyB said:

IMHO something evil has happened, not too different from Nazi Germany in the early 20th Century.

What has happened is mass psychosis has kicked in by spiritual wickedness in high places upon the earth's population in preparation for the man of sin to be revealed (the anti-christ)

According to 2 Thess. chapter 2 the catching away of the church does not happen until after there is a falling away and the man of sin is revealed (the anti-christ)... so the devil is working in people's minds to want one world government, to want a one world leader.

The coming one world government will follow china's model of government and we see china right now exporting their mass surveillance abilities to other countries around the world right now.

And sadly, many Christians will be deceived and will support the coming one world government, the one world religion, and the one world leader.

Once the man of sin is revealed, the catholics pope and some of the most well know protestant preachers will tell the world this one world leader is of God because he comes forth initially as this great humanitarian solving the world's problems and bringing for peace

But this is all a deception designed to get people to get on board the anti-christ's highway to hell which is exactly where those that follow him will be spending eternity