• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.92
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, Sparks said:

The only god you will get closer to in reading the Zohar, is Satan; the god of this world (little g).

The only God you get closer to in studying science is Satan, Zohar can lead you either way according to your intent.

Let God guide your intent and you will grow closer to him, let Satan guide your intent and that is who you will grow closer to.

Do you know the deepest of depths of your own intent?  Few do.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,159
  • Content Per Day:  2.04
  • Days Won:  8

17 minutes ago, FJK said:

The only God you get closer to in studying science is Satan, Zohar can lead you either way according to your intent.

Let God guide your intent and you will grow closer to him, let Satan guide your intent and that is who you will grow closer to.

Do you know the deepest of depths of your own intent?  Few do.

You apparently cannot tell the difference between a book of evil written about God, and the Bible even after being told the differences.  Since you give each book equal credence, you obviously understand neither.

If you don't mind, I don't want to carry out this conversation any further since we could not possibly disagree, more.  If someday you figure out there is a difference between the two sources, look me up. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.92

2 minutes ago, Sparks said:

If you don't mind, I don't want to carry out this conversation any further since we could not possibly disagree, more. 

Bless you, go forth and do those things Jesus said you can do.

Amen.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,091
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

On 2/6/2024 at 3:46 AM, The Barbarian said:

I showed you the racist foundations of YE creationism.

The Klan was officially creationist?  (Barbarian checks)

Powerful racist organizations such as the Ku Klux Klan and popular racist advocates such as Frank Norris worked together to vilify evolution, promote racism, and begin the evolution-creationism controversy in the United States in the 1920s. The links between racism and creationism became explicit during Epperson v. Arkansas, in which the US Supreme Court ruled that laws banning the teaching of evolution in public schools are unconstitutional. Today, the relics of racism, evolution, and creationism persist in many forms, ranging from books such as The Bell Curve to educational institutions such as Bob Jones University.

https://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/EJ1049743.pdf

So they were.    But I wouldn't take that to mean that every YE creationist is in the KKK.

See above.   And notice ICR founder Henry Morris as late as the 1990s, was blathering about the imagined intellectual and spiritual inferiority of black people whom he said God intended to be "servants" to white people.

Today, as I said, many creationists have rejected the racist foundations of YE creationism.   But the facts remain.

Oooooh. I thought: Where on earth did you get that from? Some weird extreme Americans. I was talking to one lately on another forum. That's why I left that forum. I was shocked that that exists and they just let him talk. It was crazy. He talked just like that KKK guy in a movie where an English guy made fun of him. 

I read that Darwinism is racist.

https://evolutionnews.org/2022/02/the-racism-of-darwin-and-darwinism/

They were just a bunch of racists who happened to believe something.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,367
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

18 hours ago, Scott Free said:

I believe the Bible is our authority, the inspired Word of God that edifies us. I also believe that God delivers information on a need to know basis appropriate for our stages of development. I wait eagerly for the Resurrection, so I can know God even as I am known. Thank you, Jesus, for opening the door.

I'm not sure you are aware of the inconsistency of your position.

On one hand, you appeal to everyone to be more flexible (or less inflexible) in our positions - because none of us has all the information.

But then you go on to characterize those with a different position to you as apparent "fanaticism", anger, "hatred in God's name", putting up a hinderance (or "wall") to "the Gospel", "presumptuous", dogmatic (i.e. making "proclamations of total and complete understanding"), and being "not in the Spirit of Jesus Christ".

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  5,051
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

48 minutes ago, Renskedejonge said:

I read that Darwinism is racist.

In fact, Darwin got in a bit of trouble for being less racist than creationists.     He had quite a row with the Captain of the Beagle over whether or not slavery was a good thing, for example.    And he outraged many (not all) creationists for his claim that if savages were brought to England, they'd be just like Englishmen in a few generations.  He was right.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  5,051
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

2 hours ago, Renskedejonge said:

Oooooh. I thought: Where on earth did you get that from? Some weird extreme Americans.

Yeah, that's Henry Morris, alright.   He wrote that in a creationist book The Beginning of the World. (back in 1999, I think)

He co-founded the Institute for Creation Research.    One of the founders of YE creationism in evangelicals.    His guru was SDA missionary George McCreedy Price.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  738
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Birthday:  09/05/1962

12 hours ago, FJK said:

Common science looks at light as something requiring a physical source to generate it such as the sun and doesn't consider that it can exist by itself independent of or even prior to a source that generates it.

The bible never identifies the source of light; be it a sun, or a similar star; or a massive burning radish.  It says thee was light.  On day four, the sun moon and stars are formed.  There is no more mention of light, so either all the universe comes from the central point of light, or it burns out and gets tossed away.  The Bible says there was light.  Reject the light, you reject the Bible.

Science can neither validate nor invalidate the supernatural.

7 hours ago, FJK said:

It can be used that way, the same way Witchcraft can use Christian concepts and principles for evil purpose.

But it can also be used to study and grow closer in understanding and relationship with God.

Witchcraft is an abomination to God.  You cannot grow closer to God by understanding that for which He commanded its practitioners to be put to death.  The devil is a deceiver and will deceive you straight into Hell for necromancy.

12 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

By definition, literal mornings and evenings require a sun to have them.    There was no sun the first three "days."

By whose definition?  I've read Genesis one hundreds of times and I don't recall ever seeing your name there.  Obviously, your opinion is only of great importance to you. 

Did God create light on day one, or do you deny that?

We read in Genesis 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: He made the stars also.  He did not say the sun and the moon, did He?  What were they, Neon?  Do you see a distinction between the word light on day one and the great lights on day four?

You DO realize the earth rotates, right; that the sun isn't orbiting the earth every 24 hours?  So a single rotation of the earth is a single day.  This has been explained in great detail, yet you pretend otherwise.  There was light, there was an evening and morning, there were days.  

You make a hobby of misrepresenting and misquoting the Bible.  It's intentional.  You're simply not being honest.  We ALL KNOW what the evenings and the mornings meant.

12 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

Some renegade theologians made those claims.  But...

But they were right.

Augustine, a former gnostic, lived between 354 and 430 AD, and introduced the following heretical views into church and made them popular

1. Absolute predestination (God decides who will be saved/doomed)
2. Impossibility of falling away or apostasy (Eternal Security)
3. Man has no free will (monergism)
4. One cannot know if he/she is saved (since also those who are carnal minded might be saved)
5. God commands impossibilities (God requesting man to stop sinning which he cannot do)
6. The supreme authority of the Roman church
7. Purgatory
8. Prayers for the dead
9. The damnation of unbaptized infants and adults
10. Sex is sinful also within a marriage because depravity is inherited (hence the rise of monasteries)
11. Mary never committed sin, and we do well to worship her/pray to/through her
12. The gifts of healing, prophecy and tongues have ceased
13. Apocrypha is included in the Scriptures
14. Eucharist is necessary for salvation
15. Giving people the official “saint” title

Unlike Pelagius, Augustine didn’t understand much Greek. The historian Neander observed that Augustine’s teaching “contains the germ of the whole system of spiritual despotism, intolerance, and persecution, even to the court of the Inquisition”. He instigated bitter persecutions against the Bible-believing Donatists who were striving to maintain pure churches after the apostolic faith.

Augustine interpreted Bible prophecy allegorically; among other things teaching that the Catholic Church is the kingdom of God.

Augustine was one of the fathers of the heresy of infant baptism, claiming that unbaptized infants were lost, and calling all who rejected infant baptism “infidels” and “cursed”.

Augustine exalted church tradition above the Bible and said, "I should not believe the gospel unless I were moved to do so by the authority of the Catholic Church”. 

It's entirely fitting that Augustine is your hero.  He is the father of heresy.