• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, RV_Wizard said:

but we do see sunrise, sunset and changes in seasons.

I believe your wild view is heretical. Open your eyes, what is obvious is the Earth is a flat table under a dome of water and the Sun floats upon it. I do not appreciate you suggesting otherwise. Prove it with scripture.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  738
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Birthday:  09/05/1962

9 minutes ago, Scott Free said:

I believe your wild view is heretical. Open your eyes, what is obvious is the Earth is a flat table under a dome of water and the Sun floats upon it. I do not appreciate you suggesting otherwise. Prove it with scripture.

You do not believe in an atmosphere made up of 92% water vapor?  In Job we read "He hangs the earth upon nothing."

As far as the east is from the west; so far will he remove your sins from you.  North and south meet at the poles.  East and west never meet.

A better question is, why do you post the same arguments as the unbelievers; the inheritance of damnation?  As Christians, we support the Bible and have the knowledge of discernment between the literal and the allegorical.  The Bible is not all of either, but some of both.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,051
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

By definition, there can be no mornings or evenings without a sun.    "Big light in the sky" does not mean "sun."

44 minutes ago, RV_Wizard said:

It doesn't NOT mean sun either, since the light is NOT named by God. 

No, that's wrong.   If you try to take the story as a literal history, the sun didn't exist the first three days.

45 minutes ago, RV_Wizard said:

However, your pretense is that if we called the sun "George" we would no longer have day or night,

If you have to redefine and rename things to make a point, that's pretty good evidence that you're wrong.   In this case, you also made up something and insist I believe it.   Fact is, it's called the sun, and by definition, there can be no mornings or evenings without it.   Try to work with the reality.

Augustine was wrong about some things.   His idea of grace, for example. However, the nudnik you quoted was so ignorant as to imagine that St. Augustine had been a Gnostic. (Augustine very capably debated and criticized them).   So his list of "heresies" is almost certainly bungled as well.  Given Augustine's position as a saint among Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Lutheran, and Anglican communities, your guy is more likely the heretic.

And you missed the whole point Matthew was making.    The admonition was to avoid ostentatious prayer, not which person of the Trinity one might pray to.  This is what legalism does to God's word; one strains at gnats and swallows camels.

15 minutes ago, RV_Wizard said:

You do not believe in an atmosphere made up of 92% water vapor?

It's not.   Depending on the location, it can be as much as 4% by volume, or nearly zero.   Remember, unless you are very certain, check your "facts."  

https://pressbooks.umn.edu/environmentalbiology/chapter/composition-and-structure-of-the-atmosphere/

18 minutes ago, RV_Wizard said:

As far as the east is from the west; so far will he remove your sins from you.  North and south meet at the poles.  East and west never meet.

Greenwich, England.

Royal Observatory: Where East Meets West

https://www.space.com/20910-royal-observatory-greenwich.html

Turns out, Kipling was wrong.

2 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

By definition, there can be no mornings or evenings without a sun.    "Big light in the sky" does not mean "sun."

Me: It doesn't NOT mean sun either, since the light is NOT named by God. 

No, that's wrong.   If you try to take the story as a literal history, the sun didn't exist the first three days.

The bible says nothing of the kind.  On the fourth day God created a greater light to rule the day and a lesser light to rule the night.  God didn't say what these lights were called.  According to you, if the greater light was called George and the lesser light was called Fred, there would be no days.  In your world, there could only be light on the earth if the name of that light met with your approval.  After all, God created light on the first day.  According to you, that light never reached the earth, nor did it shine on the land to be hidden when blocked by the earth.  What, then, was between the earth and light that light could not reach the earth and divide day from night based on the rotation of the earth as the sun does now?

Was God lying when He told Moses He created light, or was there a giant curtain preventing the light from reaching the earth?  One or the other MUST be true, because you say the light could not POSSIBLY shine light on the planet.

Regardless, the only living things on the earth on the morning of the fifth day were plants, trees bearing fruit, grasses and plants of various kinds.  By the END of that day the seas were teeming with fish and the birds filled the air.  No dinosaurs yet.  Birds came first.  I hate to disappoint you, but all the theories of origin that do not follow what is revealed in God's word are wrong.

It's not.   Depending on the location, it can be as much as 4% by volume, or nearly zero.

Actually, I was thinking about the "Greenhouse effect" as greenhouse gasses are the barrier between the sun's radiation and the loss of heat from the earth.  I sad 92%.  The last report I read said 95%.

Water vapor constitutes Earth's most significant greenhouse gas, accounting for about 95% of Earth's greenhouse effect (5). Interestingly, many "facts and figures' regarding global warming completely ignore the powerful effects of water vapor in the greenhouse system, carelessly (perhaps, deliberately) overstating human impacts as much as 20-fold.  source

Royal Observatory: Where East Meets West

That is a man made line designed to make a more global measurement of time/daylight.  If you travel north for long enough you will come to the north pole and thus head south without changing a step to either side.  The same applies if you crossed the south pole.  However, if you head east for a billion years you will never be heading west.  That is what Jesus referenced, though when He said it only He was away of the shape and rotation of the earth.

For a Christian, you seem determined to attack the Bible at every turn.  Why do you think that is?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  2,367
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

15 hours ago, Scott Free said:

It is said, being wise is not about knowing everything, it is sustained by acknowledging the limits of what we know.

Insinuating that those who disagree with you think they know everything is (ironically) both arrogant and dishonest.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,090
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

5 hours ago, Scott Free said:

The earth is hollow and the Sun, moon and stars are inside the hollow earth.

Bijbels_wereldbeeld-e1690972294763.jpg.f2979e72576421e4a0c3f0b07e5ab0e1.jpg

2 hours ago, RV_Wizard said:

Actually, I was thinking about the "Greenhouse effect" as greenhouse gasses are the barrier between the sun's radiation and the loss of heat from the earth.  I sad 92%. 

You said...

5 hours ago, RV_Wizard said:

You do not believe in an atmosphere made up of 92% water vapor?

It's not close to that.   About 4% tops.

2 hours ago, RV_Wizard said:

Actually, I was thinking about the "Greenhouse effect" as greenhouse gasses are the barrier between the sun's radiation and the loss of heat from the earth.  I sad 92%.  The last report I read said 95%.

Said 95% of what?

Water vapor is a particular problem because there's a feedback loop.   Higher temps mean more water vapor in the atmosphere, and more water vapor in the atmosphere raises temperatures.    The noted increase in tropical storm severity is mostly due to this problem.    Hurricanes run on heat and moisture, and both are on the increase in the atmosphere.

Just now, Renskedejonge said:

The earth is hollow and the Sun, moon and stars are inside the hollow earth.

You're not helping, you know.

• Thumbs Up 1