DaughterofKing

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Is it bad to seek wealth and material things? Is it wrong to want it and pursue it? Is it better not to?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

It is well that one should enjoy the works of thier hands, giving glory to the Lord that made it possible.

Ecclesiastes 3:13 KJV

(13) And also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labour, it is the gift of God.

But, as it is written, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of heaven. This is because the lust of the eyes and the pride of life draws him away from worshiping the Lord. God is not in all his thoughts. He will say to himself, "I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing", not realizing that he is "wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked" within his soul. He not see the need to be born-again. There are few men of great wealth that were not corrupted by their riches. For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? The Lord Jesus Christ gave everything (his life) to redeem us from our SIN, which seperated us from God.

Matthew 13:45-46 KJV

(45) Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:

(46) Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

1 Timothy 2:5-6 KJV

(5) For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

(6) Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Edited by Aim_64bIT

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  700
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

ask Benny Hinn and he will tell you yes

the bible says not to lay up treasures on earth

In Christ

IreneM

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

We are to seek the things of God, not the things of this world!

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

Well I believe that constantly pursuing wealth and material things is dangerous, and proves your not happy with what you already have. Think about it this way....if you can't be happy with what you've got, why should God give you more?

Love and Blessings,

Angel

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

We should not seek after any sort of abundance except that which is of God. This can be spiritual, material, or both. God has blessed some with a vast banking account, and others live pay check to pay check. Neither is sinful. I would go so far as to say it is not wrong to seek material wealth so that your family is well off and has no fiscal worries. That is the protection of one's family. At the same time, when we pursue material things we often check in our brains and let our desire consume us...which then becomes a sin.

• Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

"Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness...." It does NOT say: "Seek ye exclusively......"

God has had many rich saints; but I am living proof that it's not His will for everybody!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::24:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  130
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

My take is, Yes, we can enjoy comfort. ( some) yet to be a "Ka-zillionair" is troubling. Driving a $400,000, Bently or equivalent is concerning. We are commanded to help the poor. to be our brothers keeper. To quench our enemies thirst. parading around in a maga-bucks car, with a maga-bucks house, displays: I have!! And others do not. A extravagant lifestyle defies humility. And there is a distict warning to those with "money. Mark 10:17-27 (King James Version)

17And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?

18And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

19Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.

20And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth.

21Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.

22And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions.

23And Jesus looked round about, and saith unto his disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!

24And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God!

25It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

26And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved?

27And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

Thus, money can and will play a important part in our journey with YHSHWH-GOD. Money can and does go to a persons head. I would rather go without, and know the salvation of YHSHWH-GOD is within, than risk being wealthy, and lose it all .

Matthew 6:19-20

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal."

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

luke 16:13 No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.

It is my understanding that if we pursue God, He will look afer us. Pursuing money is in vain.

Now if I could just get that through my head. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  397
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

God wants us to seek Him first ABOVE all other things. We need to examine our lives to see if we are seeking anything else above God. If you are a child of God, God will take that away from you for your good.

Do you have something in your life that you are trying to attain but you just never seem to get it? You don't feel you are suppose to be where you are right now? It may be something that you actually pursue and desire more than the Lord. Meditate on this and wait on the Lord. The Lord will reveal to you what you need to do.

If we seek His kingdom first and his righteousness He will provide us with all other things. In fact, God will bless you so abundantly in ways you did not expect or pursue. Just seek your Lord first. Willingly put everything else aside.

When Ruth went with Naomi...she did not expect to find a husband (she was widowed and in those days a husband was everything...equivalent to what we need today for survival ie. money, retirement plan, etc.). In fact, Ruth did not want to find a new husband...she wanted to stay wtih Naomi. Ruth was a Moabitess and Naomi was an Israelite (God's people). Ruth said to Naomi, "Your God will be my God, and your people will be my people." Ruth clung herself to Naomi. Ruth did not seek a husband. When she went into Naomi's land she met Boaz. And later Boaz and Ruth married! Ruth got a husband she did not seek. Boaz was very rich and owned much land. And guess what...through the ancestry lineage of Boaz and Ruth came Jesus Christ.

Do you know who Ruth here is typifying? You! You were once a sinner (Moabitess) but now you have entered into the body of Christ (Israel), the Church. Their God became your God. Now what you have to do is cling yourself to this body. Be involved in your church. Seek God together with these people. Seek God first in your life and put the rest of your life aside.

Then you shall come across Boaz who represents all the things you did not seek and more. Ruth not only got an ordinary husband but a king! God will give you anything that you lacked and more.

Through the line of Ruth and Boaz came Jesus Christ. God has a great purpose for you in his kingdom. He has made all of you ministers of God. God is using you to bring out Jesus Christ. Through you shall come Christ.

The pursuit of material things and wealth will not get you anywhere. You were not made to enjoy these things...you were made to enjoy God. Don't let money become your god. Set your hearts on the things above. In all our situations just trust that God will provide you with ANYTHING you need. God gave the Israelites manna in the desert but told them not to store it for it will go bad and spawn maggots. God loves us. Just trust Him.