IGNORED

To Stay Out Of Trouble, Ask God To Punish Our Enemy As He Has Done Before = Genesis 38;1-3

MizKJVOnly

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  935
  • Topics Per Day:  0.74
  • Content Count:  936
  • Content Per Day:  0.74
  • Days Won:  0

To Stay Out Of Trouble, Ask God To Punish Our Enemy As He Has Done Before = Genesis 38;1-3

@ ER; Wicked Son of Judah:

Genesis 38;1-3

And it came to pass at that time, that Judah went down from his brethren, and turned in to a certain Adullamite, whose name was Hirah. And Judah saw there a daughter of a certain Canaanite, whose name was Shuah; and he took her, and went in unto her. And she conceived, and bare a son; and he called his name Er.

Genesis 38:6-7

And Judah took a wife for Er his firstborn, whose name was Tamar. And Er, Judah's firstborn, was wicked in the sight of the LORD; and the LORD slew him.

@ Nabal; Wicked Husband of Abigail:

I Samuel 25:2-3

And there was a man in Maon, whose possessions were in Carmel; and the man was very great, and he had three thousand sheep, and a thousand goats: and he was shearing his sheep in Carmel. Now the name of the man was Nabal; and the name of his wife Abigail: and she was a woman of good understanding, and of a beautiful countenance: but the man was churlish and evil in his doings; and he was of the house of Caleb.

I Samuel 25:10-12

And Nabal answered David's servants, and said, Who is David? and who is the son of Jesse? there be many servants now a days that break away every man from his master. Shall I then take my bread, and my water, and my flesh that I have killed for my shearers, and give it unto men, whom I know not whence they be? So David's young men turned their way, and went again, and came and told him all those sayings.

I Samuel 25:36-38

And Abigail came to Nabal; and, behold, he held a feast in his house, like the feast of a king; and Nabal's heart was merry within him, for he was very drunken: wherefore she told him nothing, less or more, until the morning light. But it came to pass in the morning, when the wine was gone out of Nabal, and his wife had told him these things, that his heart died within him, and he became as a stone. And it came to pass about ten days after, that the LORD smote Nabal, that he died.

@ Herod; Wicked Grandson of Herod The Great:

Acts 12:18-19

Now as soon as it was day, there was no small stir among the soldiers, what was become of Peter. And when Herod had sought for him, and found him not, he examined the keepers, and commanded that they should be put to death. And he went down from Judaea to Caesarea, and there abode.

Acts 12:20-23

And Herod was highly displeased with them of Tyre and Sidon: but they came with one accord to him, and, having made Blastus the king's chamberlain their friend, desired peace; because their country was nourished by the king's country. And upon a set day Herod, arrayed in royal apparel, sat upon his throne, and made an oration unto them. And the people gave a shout, saying, It is the voice of a god, and not of a man. And immediately the angel of the LORD smote him, because he gave not God the glory: and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost.

AMEN

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

32 minutes ago, MizKJVOnly said:

That is not staying out of trouble but seeking vengeance. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.84
  • Days Won:  1

49 minutes ago, Who me said:

That is not staying out of trouble but seeking vengeance. 

The Lord taught us to forgive our enemies and pray for them.

I don't judge anyone but myself, but I've found that by doing that it brings me far more peace and an easier time dealing with life effectively than looking on them with hostility and wishing evil upon them.

Guest AFlameOfFire

Here are some additional examples

Alexander the coppersmith Paul said he did him great harm, and he did not say, "the Lord forgive him" but basically "the Lord recompense him" accordingly 

2 Ti 4:14 Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: "the Lord reward him" according to his works

Also,

2 Thes 1:6 Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you

Or even in respect to he that troubleth you is the same that shall bear his own judgment

Gal 5:10 I have confidence in you through the Lord, that ye will be none otherwise minded: 
but he that troubleth you shall bear his judgment, whosoever he be.

Even as the Lord had said vengeance is mine I will repay, and avenge not yourselves but to leave room for wrath.  It shows there is reccompense in the earth

Proverbs 11:31 Behold, the righteous shall be recompensed in the earth: much more the wicked and the sinner.

It shows God repaying one that would trouble a prophet with trouble can be shown in something like this

1 Sam 16:14 But the Spirit of the LORD departed from him and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him

Just like with David and Nabal, who treated his men like dirt, when David was only trying to show a kindness. This enraged David, and he was going to take care of him (or avenge himself). Abagail stayed his hand (from seeking his own revenge) and he thanked her for this, knowing it is the LORD that avenges. And just ten days later it was the LORD who struck down Nabal. At which time David was  able to take his wife lawfully here unlike when he had taken the wife of Uriah by the sword of Ammon, which came with its own reccompense from the LORD  2 Sam 12:9-12 As David did that thing secretly, but what the LORD would do it would be done openly

Ecc 12:14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

For God is not a respecter of persons. Then we have also

1 Ti 5:24 Some men's sins are open beforehand, going before to judgment; and some men they follow after.

So when David did nothing wrong and was being rewarded evil for good, the LORD avenged him

1 Sam 25:39 And when David heard that Nabal was dead, he said, Blessed be the LORD, that hath pleaded the cause of my reproach from the hand  of Nabal, and hath kept his servant from evil: for the LORD hath returned the wickedness of Nabal upon his own head. And David sent and communed with Abigail, to take her to him to wife.

Nabal 1 Sam 25:3 was churlish (which is cruel) and evil in his doings, and just as it says,

Prov 11:17 The merciful man doeth good unto his own soul: but he that is cruel troubleth his own flesh.

And the LORD smote Nabal, that he died.

When Samuel was told to annoint David as King Samuel said

1 Sam 16:2 And Samuel said, How can I go? if Saul hear it, he will kill me.

He that is cruel troubleth his own flesh in this manner 

1 Sam 16:14 But the Spirit of the LORD departed from him and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him

Psalm 105:15 Saying,

Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.

Abraham (a prophet)  being afraid Abimelech would do him harm if he found out Sarah was his wife told a half truth that Sarah was only his sister and Abimelech took her (but did not come near to her) God still appeared to Abimelech in a dream and threatened him on behalf of Abraham if he did not do right after revealing to him  the whole truth.

Gen 20:3 But God came to Abimelech in a dream by night, and said to him, Behold, thou art but a dead man, for the woman which thou hast taken; for she is a man's wife.

Even though he was innocent on the matter

Gen 20:4-5 But Abimelech had not come near her: and he said, Lord, wilt thou slay also a righteous nation? Said he not unto me,  She is my sister? and she, even she herself said, He is my brother: in the integrity of my heart and innocency of my hands  have I done this.

He did nothing wrong, but now that he is made aware of the whole truth the LORD says,

Genesis 20:7 Now therefore restore the man his wife; for he is a prophet, and he shall pray for thee, and thou shalt live: and if thou restore her notknow thou that thou shalt surely die, thou, and all that are thine.

That last one wasn't really someone asking for God to repay another, but shows God is willing to do so on behalf of his prophets when God has revealed the truth to them

Here are a few more in the context of troubling, rewarding, repaying, reccompensing (etc)  another

Prov 24:29 Say not, I will do so to him as he hath done to me: I will render to the man according to his work.

Heb 10:30 Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

Psalm 95:2 Lift up thyself, thou judge of the earth: render a reward to the proud.

Jerm 51:31 Behold, I am against thee, O thou most proud, saith the Lord GOD of hosts: for thy day is come, the time that I will visit thee.

Edited by AFlameOfFire

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

21 minutes ago, FJK said:

The Lord taught us to forgive our enemies and pray for them

As he did on the cross, he prayed for them, that the Father would forgive them, but Jesus did not forgive them.

Forgiveness  is Always conditional  on repentance.