jesusandliberty

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  157
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  0

Probably one of the most debated topics among Christians. 

Is Israel a people? A geographic location? Both?

Some Christians say the nation of Israel as we know it today is not necessarily Gods chosen, and others say it absolutely is a place that needs our support and protection.

What do y'all think? Brings your scriptural references. 

Me personally, I have no idea what to believe. There are respectable teachers on both sides. 

Guest AFlameOfFire

There is the land of Isreal, and the people of Isreal according to the flesh even as Jesus was sent unto the lost sheep of the house of Isreal. This is pretty cool which could be shown in Christ. speaking Israel as a child, where he can be shown in Egypt and called out of the same.

For example 

Mat 2:14 When he arose, he took the young child and his mother by night, and departed INTO Egypt:

Then here, it speaks  of Israel as a child  here

Hosea 11:1 When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son OUT OF Egypt.

Appearing to Joseph IN Egypt to call him OUT OF and then INTO the land of Israel

Mat 2:19 But when Herod was dead, behold, an angel of the Lord appeareth in a dream to Joseph IN Egypt, Saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and go INTO the land of Israel: for they are dead which sought the young child's life.

It speaks of those things that were determined to be done beforehand

Acts 4:26 The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ. For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together, For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done.

It was prophesied of Christ to be set for the fall (and rising again) of many in Israel

Luke 2:34 And Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his mother, Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel; and for a sign which shall be spoken against;

He was also going to be for a sign that would spoken against and in those who preached Him (Act 13:35)

Acts 28:22 But we desire to hear of thee what thou thinkest: for as concerning this sect, we know that every where it is spoken against. (1 Peter 4:14)

You can see Romans 11:12 on the fall prophesied about but he also speaks of the rising again

Not all Israel are of Israel

Romans 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

Neither because they are of the seed of Abraham

Romans 9:7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

He further clarifies,

Romans 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Children of the promise (the Spirit)

Luke 24:49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you

Which come by Christ

Acts 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

It speaks of a singular seed, Christ

Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Heirs according to the promise

Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

None of his is shown here

Romans 8:9 ...Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Aliens from the commonwealth without Christ

Ephes 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Ephes 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Theres alot on this, written up various ways, but here is just one of the things I had written up prior while searching some of these out.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.36
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.12
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

3 hours ago, jesusandliberty said:

Probably one of the most debated topics among Christians. 

Is Israel a people? A geographic location? Both?

Some Christians say the nation of Israel as we know it today is not necessarily Gods chosen, and others say it absolutely is a place that needs our support and protection.

What do y'all think? Brings your scriptural references. 

Me personally, I have no idea what to believe. There are respectable teachers on both sides. 

One to consider:

Romans 9:

6 But it is not that the word of God has taken no effect.

For they are not all Israel who are of Israel, 

7 nor are they all children because they are the seed of Abraham; but, 

“In Isaac your seed shall be called.” 

8 That is, those who are the children of the flesh, these are not

the children of God; but the children of the promise are

counted as the seed.

Some confusion evolves from the fact that Paul speaks 

"at this present time", and there is also a future and a hope

for natural Israel, and prophetic promises that remain for them.

Romans 11:1  I say then, has God cast away His people? 

Certainly not! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, 

of the tribe of Benjamin. 

2 God has not cast away His people whom He foreknew....

Study Romans 9-11 one on one with the Holy Spirit, address 

your questions directly to Him and avoid the temptation to 

take a shortcut by reading a commentary, for there are many.

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

Israel is those who are obedient to God, that is are  hoisting.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  268
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  02/25/2004

Praying for the peace of Jerusalem is a command (Psalm 122:6). However, the only way there will ever be true peace is when Yeshua Himself brings it with Him (Zechariah 8:3,12). So pray for His return. And pray that He opens the eyes of those who are blinded by the god of this age (2 Corinthians 4:4) - including sons of Ishmael (Matthew 5:44).

Should we also pray for injustice to be made right everywhere in the world? Absolutely (Isaiah 1:17). We should also forgive those who wrong us (Matthew 6:14-15, 18:21-22).

Edited by NickyLouse