• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Well I picked up his book a few months back. All in all it was a very good and, imo, Scriptural read. Sometimes we as Christians need to be reminded that we don't have to live life in the pits, etc. and I think that is Joel's calling is the uplifting of the brethren.

Guest pastormitchell

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

No one should be comfortable speaking ill of a pastor or anyone for that matter. But when a man claims he is representing God and speaking on his behalf, then we should consider his words carefully. It is a false perception or idea that those who do not want to hear about sin, hell, or the blood of Jesus Christ should be catered to in order to win them to Christ. For a man cannot come to Christ without those things. Jesus was very careful to make them known. For if we attempt to follow Christ without first recognizing our sinful state, repenting of that sinful state, and understanding that our position in righteousness comes from the shed blood of Jesus Christ and not simply following him, then our attempts to follow him are for nothing.

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

If anyone walks down the isle of that church, without a broken and repentent heart, they cannot be born again. The very thing that makes grace so wonderful is understanding just exactly what that grace bought us out from.

Judas followed him for three years. Did what he taught, walked with him, minstered with him, and died and went to hell.

What needs to happen is sin is to be preached, hell is to be preached, satan is to be preached, and the blood is to be preached.

But the we need to move on to salvation, victory, heaven, Gods promises, Christs return. We need to be careful to preach all the counsel of God that he has given us from his word. Not pick through the bible like it is a smorgasboard. Take only what you want and leave the rest.

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

I'm unaware of where the misnomer is coming from that Osteen doesn't talk about sin; in fact, he does talk of it in his book. He also gives a call to salvation at the end of every sermon. Doesn't sound too weak to me!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

My wife is a new attendee on Saturday nights at Lakewood. I personally think his teachings are mostly rubbish coming from an ivory tower/ silver spoon background that has not had to face the same challenges that those who don't have rich Dads who have left vast empires and wealth to them. The true test for me is if you actually build the empire yourself. But I will say this, he helps out alot of people here in Houston and hes always there when the community needs him. He's also a very likable guy so I do like him personally but for me it gets a bit boring hearing about how grand life can become if you just start thinking it in your mind. I like my little HELL FIRE and DAMNATION legalist church that reminds me of what a miserable bugger I really am. Now thats excitement!!!!!I wonder if that positive thinking stuff really works though? Hmmmmm

Also...they (my church)let me play blues licks in the praise band so what more can I ask for? :)

Dan

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I really don't know much about him but people like him, Benny Hinn, Jimmy Swaggert, Mike Murdock, they would all shut their ministry down in a New York minute if it didn't turn a dime. I really think money is the factor in so many of these ministries

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

I really don't know much about him but people like him, Benny Hinn, Jimmy Swaggert, Mike Murdock, they would all shut their ministry down in a New York minute if it didn't turn a dime. I really think money is the factor in so many of these ministries

No disrespect sister but I wouldn't put Joel in the same category as Jimmy and Benny. I think Joel is a sincere man of FAITH but just weak in expressing it. Jimmy, on the other hand, is out for the power or else he would have submitted himself to the authority of the AOG church years back when he was caught messin' with hookers. Benny? Well...your comment is right on. Just my opinion folks...wrong or right. :)

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

When discussing something like this we need to make sure we are clear. If He just doesn't measure up to pur preferences, we need to say that. If we feel he is being anti-biblical, we need to demonstrate clearly