31       Behold, the days come, saith the LORD,
      That I will make a new covenant
      With the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
      32       Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers
      In the day that I took them by the hand
      To bring them out of the land of Egypt;
      Which my covenant they brake,
      Although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
      33       But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel;
      After those days, saith the LORD,
      I will put my law in their inward parts,
      And write it in their hearts;
      And will be their God,
      And they shall be my people.
      34       And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying,
      Know the LORD:
      For they shall all know me,
      From the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD:
      For I will forgive their iniquity,
      And I will remember their sin no more.

Jer. 31:31–34.

This New Covenant began in Jerusalem in [approximately] A.D. 33 during one of Israel's Feasts under the Law, the Feast of Harvests (Pentecost). Jews who escaped or remained in Gentile lands after their conquest and subsequent Exile first by the Assyrians in 722 BC and Babylon in 586 BC, came to this Feast as commanded by God under the Mosaic Law. It was a time of celebration. 

During the early morning hours while the 11 apostles of the Lamb (plus one: Matthias) prayed in the upper room the Holy Spirit of Promise came and indwelt these men and they began to speak in tongues. The languages they spoke were identified by the Jews who came to the Feast from Gentile lands. Most likely they were "Hellenized" Jews influenced by Greek culture in the places they lived.

5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven. 6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language. 7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans? 8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born? 9 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia, 10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes, 11 Cretes  and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God. Acts 2:4–11.

The disciples were accused of being drunk at the third hour of the day (9am) but Peter stood up and addressed the crowd. Peter defends this event as evidence of the Promised Holy Spirit God said He would send to Israel as part of this New Covenant and also gives these onlookers an outline of the promises and prophecies from Joel and King David as proof that these things they were witnessing were indeed from their God. Getting to my point, Scripture says that 3000 Jews were saved and filled with the Holy Spirit of Promise that day, and when the Feast was over these Jews began their journey back to their homes in Gentile lands. They took with them their experiences, Peter's outline of Scriptures explaining this phenomenon, and the Presence of the Holy Spirit in their lives back to their homes. It is not unreasonable they spoke of their experience with other travelers along their journey back home and it is not unreasonable that others were saved at their sharing. After all, it was an "Outpouring" Scripture says, and God had begun to do a new thing in the earth that affected the people of Israel.

When these Jewish Christians returned home, as their custom, they attended their synagogues and shared their experiences. I'm sure others were saved and delivered as well. Soon, a rift occurred between the Judaizers and the Jewish Christians due to the fact that the Judaizers could not reconcile how their Long-awaited Messiah had died on a tree especially since it is said in their religion that anyone who hung on a tree was cursed. They stumbled at this stumbling stone. 

Soon, these Jewish Christians began to gather and fellowship in their homes. This is the beginning of home church fellowships, and in time, at Antioch is where they were first called "Christian" or Christ/Messiah followers. The one thing they needed to do is search their Scripture of the Law, the Psalms, and the Prophets to understand the effect the coming of Israel's Messiah had upon their Covenants and their Judaic religion. Slowly but surely, they began to piece together everything pertaining to their Abrahamic and Mosaic Covenants and what Messiah's arrival (and departure) related to them meant. It was trial and error. But for the most part, while their Temple still stood the "ism" of Judaism remained and their understanding of everything that happened since Pentecost was seen through the lens of the First Covenant Scriptures of Law, Psalms, and Prophets. 

The New Covenant writings of Saul, Peter, James, John, Jude, etc., were written by Jewish Christians to and for other Jewish Christians in the cities and towns they were addressed to, such as Corinth, Ephesus, the region of Galatia, Philippi, Thessalonica, etc. And all these writing were explanation and discussion of Jesus Christ, Israel's Messiah and His effect upon their Covenants and Promises. The first Jewish churches in these cities were populated by Jews who received Jesus bar Joseph as their long-awaited Messiah. There are no new covenants in these writings we have today called the New Testament canon. Thus, every book and letter, every prophet and apostle and their writings, everything we call New Testament Scripture was written by Jews to and for other Jews in New Covenant with God. 

The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob made no covenant with Gentiles. There is nothing in the Law, the Psalms, and the Prophets in which the God of Israel had made any covenant with Gentiles. There is only ONE Covenant in existence, and it is between the God of Israel and the people of Israel of twelve tribes. God is saving Gentiles without a covenant. But up until the destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem the "ism" of Judaism remained. And everything that happened with regard to this New Covenant and the people of Israel was "Jewish" through and through.

Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises; 5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen. Rom. 9:4–5.

24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Mt 15:24.

The Times of the Gentiles will soon end, and the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob turns His full attention back to Israel when the two Jewish witnesses of Revelation arrive, they will use the Hebrew/Jewish Scriptures of the Law, the Psalms, and the Prophets to herald before Israel their Messiah and as Saul said, "all Israel shall be saved." 

At the Marriage Supper of the Lamb Israel will be there by Covenant.

Gentiles will be there by invitation.

Matt. 22.

The Jews who are true Jews, are those who have been born from Abraham Isaac and Jacob. Although one can be of Jewish faith regardless of nationality, one cannot change their blood and become Jewish by birth. My own personal definition of a Jewish person is someone who is Jewish by birth not by religion. God still has great plans for the Jewish Nation as evidence from yet future prophetic passages that have yet to be fulfilled in Israel. It would be a huge mistake to try to apply these passages to the church, as the church and Israel are two separate entities. Satan has infiltrated the church and has attempted to replace Israel with the church. Many pastors falsely teach this replacement theology which is not supported in Scripture, and actually makes God out to be a liar as if he had somehow abandoned his chosen people. I would agree with you that God never made a covenant with Christians and only with Israel. However from the writings of the New testament and the apostles who themselves were Jewish, it is clear that God also has great plans for the church as we are referred to as adopted into his family. I've always had issue with the Jeremiah passage being applied to the church. I know that's how most commentators and scholars apply it and no doubt because of that most Christians do as well. However it seems to me if God had intended to create a covenant with the gentiles, he simply would have said I will make a New covenant with the gentiles. Instead he says Israel and Judah, and personally I have a hard time believing that that means gentiles. Yes gentiles will be in the Kingdom with Jews by invitation. I received my invitation when I read the scriptures and saw the Jesus was calling everyone to follow him. I accepted that invitation and now have my reservation written in heaven.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  1.49
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, jeremiah1five said:

The New Covenant:

31       Behold, the days come, saith the LORD,
      That I will make a new covenant
      With the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
      32       Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers
      In the day that I took them by the hand
      To bring them out of the land of Egypt;
      Which my covenant they brake,
      Although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
      33       But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel;
      After those days, saith the LORD,
      I will put my law in their inward parts,
      And write it in their hearts;
      And will be their God,
      And they shall be my people.
      34       And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying,
      Know the LORD:
      For they shall all know me,
      From the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD:
      For I will forgive their iniquity,
      And I will remember their sin no more.

Jer. 31:31–34.

There are no Gentiles mentioned here, or anywhere in the Law, the Psalms, and the Prophets of God making Covenant with Gentiles. None.

God is saving Gentiles without a covenant. 

If God meant to include Gentiles, there would be a record in the Scripture when the covenants were made of God's intention to include Gentiles but there is none.

Israel is the Bride of Christ. Israel is the Church of the Living God. 

At the Marriage Supper Israel is there through Covenant.

Gentiles are there through invitation.

Matt. 22.

Ge 17:4  As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.
 Christ came first to the  Jew's because the jew's needed redemption of the curses of the law. Only Jew's were indebted to keep whole law. Gentiles have always been included in promise to Abraham, as well as Sarah. Each one in there own time

Circumcision for Abraham was a sign and a seal of the righteousness he had by faith he had as a Gentile.

Rom 4:11  And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

Jew and Gentile are saved the same way as Jew's, God's promise and faithfulness to Abraham.

Here is why Jesus came to the Jew's only.  To redeem them from the curse they were under, because only Jew's were indebted to whole law.

Gal 5:3 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
14  That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might 

The law brings wrath, John a prophet sent only to Israel, for to escape that wrath. But largely ignored in these discussions.

Edited by Anne2

6 hours ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

The Jews who are true Jews, are those who have been born from Abraham Isaac and Jacob. Although one can be of Jewish faith regardless of nationality, one cannot change their blood and become Jewish by birth.

I do not think this is scriptural. 

Ex 12:48  And when a stranger shall sojourn with thee, and will keep the passover to the LORD, let all his males be circumcised, and then let him come near and keep it; and he shall be as one that is born in the land: for no uncircumcised person shall eat thereof.

I think as one born in the land means he is to be considered as on circumcised on the eighth day. The land is an inheritance, they are received into a tribe. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  308
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

8 hours ago, AdHoc said:

Who does God hold responsible for the death of Jesus? Who rejected Jesus unto death? Why did God allow their Temple to be destroyed when it is part of the Covenant (Deut.12 & 14)? I think that you should answer Galatians 3:28-29.

I believe God slay His own Son.

The hand of Abraham was stayed as he prepared to strike Isaac on the altar. But there was no one to stay the hand of God upon His own Son.

The religious leaders primarily minus Nicodemus and Joseph. The crowd at the cross called out "Crucify!" but they did not represent all of Israel. Bear in mind the people crowded Jesus and the multitudes followed Him to no end. 

While the Temple stood the "ism" of Judaism remained and for 4 decades while Christ built His Church is accordance to the New Covenant it was "Jewish" all the way. Being that the New Covenant was with the House of Israel, and it was their covenant and everything happening for 4 decades until the Temple's destruction was seen through the lens of the Jewish Scriptures of Law, Psalms, and Prophets. Once the Temple was destroyed the "ism" of Judaism effectively ended. No Temple, no sacrifices. God's reasons were several. One, was to also punish Israel overall for their part in Jesus' crucifixion, another was to bring in the Times of the Gentiles prophesied by the prophets. 

Saul writes to Jewish Christians in their Jewish churches/homes:

23 But before faith came, we [Jews] were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.                                                                                                    24 Wherefore the law was our [Jews] schoolmaster to bring us [Jews] unto Christ, that we [Jews] might be justified by faith.                                                                                          25 But after that faith is come, we [Jews] are no longer under a schoolmaster.                        26 For ye [Jews] are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.                                          27 For as many of you [Jews] as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.              28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye [Jews] are all one in Christ Jesus.                                                                           29 And if ye [Jews] be Christ’s, then are ye [Jews] Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise. Gal. 3:22–29.

Saul is writing to Jewish Christians at the area of Galatia. The Jewish Christians are getting blowback from the Judaizers who have already 'excommunicated' them from their synagogues and either have begun to persecute their brethren or persecution is only a shot away (Heb. 6:4-6.) These Jewish Christians have questions about Messiah's effect on their covenants and Saul writes to quell their anxieties and concerns and explains these things in verse 23 onward, that if they have been 'touched'/saved" by the Holy Spirit of Promise that their inheritance through Abraham is secure. This is also an opportunity to address a long-observed prayer these Jewish Christian men had they offered to God which says, "I thank thee, O' God, that I was not born a Gentile, a slave, or a female." Such a prejudice was inappropriate in the Age of the Jewish New Covenant. In one sentence Saul destroys that prejudice. 

8 hours ago, AdHoc said:

Acts 2:22-24

22 "Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know —

23 Him, being delivered by the determined purpose and foreknowledge of God, you have taken* by lawless hands, have crucified, and put to death;

24 whom God raised up, having loosed the pains of death, because it was not possible that He should be held by it.

Acts 2:36-37

36 "Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ."

37 Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, "Men and brethren, what shall we do?"

Acts 3:12-15

12 So when Peter saw it, he responded to the people: "Men of Israel, why do you marvel at this? Or why look so intently at us, as though by our own power or godliness we had made this man walk?

13 The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our fathers, glorified His Servant Jesus, whom you delivered up and denied in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let Him go.

14 But you denied the Holy One and the Just, and asked for a murderer to be granted to you,

15 and killed the Prince of life, whom God raised from the dead, of which we are witnesses.

Acts 4:8-10

8 Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them, "Rulers of the people and elders of Israel:

9 If we this day are judged for a good deed done to a helpless man, by what means he has been made well,

10 let it be known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by Him this man stands here before you whole.

Acts 5:27-31

27 And when they had brought them, they set them before the council. And the high priest asked them,

28 saying,"Did we not strictly command you not to teach in this name? And look, you have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this Man's blood on us!"

29 But Peter and the other apostles answered and said:"We ought to obey God rather than men.

30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus whom you murdered by hanging on a tree.

31 Him God has exalted to His right hand to be Prince and Savior, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins.

Acts 10:39-40

39 And we are witnesses of all things which He did both in the land of the Jews and in Jerusalem, whom they* killed by hanging on a tree.

40 Him God raised up on the third day, and showed Him openly,

Acts 13:27-28

27 For those who dwell in Jerusalem, and their rulers, because they did not know Him, nor even the voices of the Prophets which are read every Sabbath, have fulfilled them in condemning Him.

28 And though they found no cause for death in Him, they asked Pilate that He should be put to death.

1 Thess 2:14-15

14 For you, brethren, became imitators of the churches of God which are in Judea in Christ Jesus. For you also suffered the same things from your own countrymen, just as they did from the Judeans,

15 who killed both the Lord Jesus and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they do not please God and are contrary to all men,

3       He is despised and rejected of men;
      A man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief:
      And †we hid as it were our faces from him;
      He was despised, and we esteemed him not.
      4       Surely he hath borne our griefs,
      And carried our sorrows:
      Yet we did esteem him stricken,
      Smitten of God, and afflicted.
      5       But he was wounded for our transgressions,
      He was bruised for our iniquities:
      The chastisement of our peace was upon him;
      And with his stripes we are healed.
      6       All we like sheep have gone astray;
      We have turned every one to his own way;
      And the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
      7       He was oppressed, and he was afflicted,
      Yet he opened not his mouth:
      He is brought as a lamb to the slaughter,
      And as a sheep before her shearers is dumb,
      So he openeth not his mouth.
      8       ||He was taken from prison and from judgment:
      And who shall declare his generation?
      For he was cut off out of the land of the living:
      For the transgression of my people was he stricken.
      9       And he made his grave with the wicked,
      And with the rich in his death;
      Because he had done no violence,
      Neither was any deceit in his mouth.
      10       Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief:
      When thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin,
      He shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days,
      And the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
      11       He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied:
      By his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many;
      For he shall bear their iniquities.                                                                                                  Is 53:3–11.

I don't think God would leave the sacred act of slaying His Son to sinful men. The LORD laid on Him the iniquity of Jacob/Israel and in doing this literally was the Agent of His death.

8 hours ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

The Jews who are true Jews, are those who have been born from Abraham Isaac and Jacob. Although one can be of Jewish faith regardless of nationality, one cannot change their blood and become Jewish by birth. My own personal definition of a Jewish person is someone who is Jewish by birth not by religion. God still has great plans for the Jewish Nation as evidence from yet future prophetic passages that have yet to be fulfilled in Israel.

As Jesus said, you are not far from the kingdom of God. 

8 hours ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

It would be a huge mistake to try to apply these passages to the church, as the church and Israel are two separate entities. Satan has infiltrated the church and has attempted to replace Israel with the church. Many pastors falsely teach this replacement theology which is not supported in Scripture, and actually makes God out to be a liar as if he had somehow abandoned his chosen people. I would agree with you that God never made a covenant with Christians and only with Israel. However from the writings of the New testament and the apostles who themselves were Jewish, it is clear that God also has great plans for the church as we are referred to as adopted into his family. I've always had issue with the Jeremiah passage being applied to the church. I know that's how most commentators and scholars apply it and no doubt because of that most Christians do as well. However it seems to me if God had intended to create a covenant with the gentiles, he simply would have said I will make a New covenant with the gentiles. Instead he says Israel and Judah, and personally I have a hard time believing that that means gentiles. Yes gentiles will be in the Kingdom with Jews by invitation. I received my invitation when I read the scriptures and saw the Jesus was calling everyone to follow him. I accepted that invitation and now have my reservation written in heaven.

Excellent.

7 hours ago, Anne2 said:

Ge 17:4  As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.
 Christ came first to the  Jew's because the jew's needed redemption of the curses of the law. Only Jew's were indebted to keep whole law. Gentiles have always been included in promise to Abraham, as well as Sarah. Each one in there own time

Circumcision for Abraham was a sign and a seal of the righteousness he had by faith he had as a Gentile.

Abram was Hebrew. Gen. 14:13. His family line went through Shem and Noah and to Seth. These were the covenant "sons of God" (Gen. 6.) Gentiles come from Japheth and Ham. 

Ther are no Gentiles in the Abrahamic Covenant of Genesis 17.

7 hours ago, Anne2 said:

Rom 4:11  And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

Saul is writing to Jewish Christians at Rome. Instead of posting Saul's discussion of the Abrahamic Covenant let's go to the Covenant itself:

7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee. Gen. 17:7.

Gentiles do not come from the seed or the loins of Abraham. And this covenant is everlasting, meaning forever.

7 hours ago, Anne2 said:

Jew and Gentile are saved the same way as Jew's, God's promise and faithfulness to Abraham.

Yes, they are. The Holy Spirit.

7 hours ago, Anne2 said:

Here is why Jesus came to the Jew's only.  To redeem them from the curse they were under, because only Jew's were indebted to whole law.

Gal 5:3 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
14  That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might 

The law brings wrath, John a prophet sent only to Israel, for to escape that wrath. But largely ignored in these discussions.

8 minutes ago, jeremiah1five said:

Abram was Hebrew. Gen. 14:13. His family line went through Shem and Noah and to Seth. These were the covenant "sons of God" (Gen. 6.) Gentiles come from Japheth and Ham. 

And all were gentiles. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.62

5 hours ago, Slibhin said:

It's a good thing your personal definition isn't material to actual Jewish law.

Anybody, regardless if they are Jewish by birth or conversion, is just as Jewish. There is no degree of Jewishness.

It's there an example of someone in Scripture being called a Jew who wasn't born one? Is there a definition in Scripture of a Jew other than a defendant of the Patriarchs? If not, then what I said is an accurate definition of Jew. Jews are Jewish by blood, not religion. I've spoken to orthodox Jews, and while they would accept someone who decided to practice Judaism, they would not call that person a Jew, they would simply be a gentile who is a practicing Jew.

5 hours ago, Anne2 said:

And all were gentiles. 

Everybody NOT Abraham or his seed that were circumcised as a sign of the covenant were NOT Gentiles. Thet were Hebrew. And Hebrews are NOT Gentile.

Nor are Abraham's seed, Isaac a Gentile. Nor is Jacob a Gentile. Nor Jacob's twelve sons and their descendants are Gentile. They were Hebrew. The Hebrews were in Egypt and God delivered His Hebrew people. No Gentiles went with Jacob into Egypt during the Famine, and NO Gentiles left Egypt with the Hebrews when God delivered His Hebrew people from slavery. So, wherever you're getting that Hebrew people are Gentile is in error. God made Covenant with a man named Abram who was Hebrew and also made covenant with his family. It was a family covenant and there were no Gentiles in the Abrahamic or the Mosaic Covenants.

Nor did God make covenant with any Gentiles in the New Covenant of Jeremiah 31:31-34. The New Covenant Church Christ built was populated by Jews the first 4 decades. The home churches in Corinth, Galatia, Ephesus, Philippi, Thessalonica were Jewish churches. Peter writes his two letters to Jewish Christians. James writes his letter to the twelve tribes scattered. Hebrews was written to the Hebrew. Saul wrote to Jewish Christians. The gospels were written to the Jews to show Jesus was their Messiah. Revelations was written to Jewish Christians. Except for the personal letters to Timothy all the New Covenant writings were written by Jewish Christians to and for Jewish Christians. Acts records Jewish history, Law, Promises, culture, Temple practices, prophecies, Law, Psalms of the Jewish people. Even Israe's Messiah was a Jewish Messiah who was sent to the lost sheep of the House of Israel. 

1 hour ago, jeremiah1five said:

Everybody NOT Abraham or his seed that were circumcised as a sign of the covenant were NOT Gentiles. Thet were Hebrew. And Hebrews are NOT Gentile.

Nor are Abraham's seed, Isaac a Gentile. Nor is Jacob a Gentile. Nor Jacob's twelve sons and their descendants are Gentile. They were Hebrew. The Hebrews were in Egypt and God delivered His Hebrew people. No Gentiles went with Jacob into Egypt during the Famine, and NO Gentiles left Egypt with the Hebrews when God delivered His Hebrew people from slavery. So, wherever you're getting that Hebrew people are Gentile is in error. God made Covenant with a man named Abram who was Hebrew and also made covenant with his family. It was a family covenant and there were no Gentiles in the Abrahamic or the Mosaic Covenants.

Nor did God make covenant with any Gentiles in the New Covenant of Jeremiah 31:31-34. The New Covenant Church Christ built was populated by Jews the first 4 decades. The home churches in Corinth, Galatia, Ephesus, Philippi, Thessalonica were Jewish churches. Peter writes his two letters to Jewish Christians. James writes his letter to the twelve tribes scattered. Hebrews was written to the Hebrew. Saul wrote to Jewish Christians. The gospels were written to the Jews to show Jesus was their Messiah. Revelations was written to Jewish Christians. Except for the personal letters to Timothy all the New Covenant writings were written by Jewish Christians to and for Jewish Christians. Acts records Jewish history, Law, Promises, culture, Temple practices, prophecies, Law, Psalms of the Jewish people. Even Israe's Messiah was a Jewish Messiah who was sent to the lost sheep of the House of Israel. 

The promises To Abraham included Gentiles.

De 9:5  Not for thy righteousness, or for the uprightness of thine heart, dost thou go to possess their land: but for the wickedness of these nations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee, and that he may perform the word which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Why is it that so many today think it is replacement theology when the church is a fulfillment of the promises to Abraham our father? But Israel applies the promises made to him as though it were to that to them? In Christ it is no different.

It's all to fulfill his promise to the fathers

Edited by Anne2