31       Behold, the days come, saith the LORD,
      That I will make a new covenant
      With the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
      32       Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers
      In the day that I took them by the hand
      To bring them out of the land of Egypt;
      Which my covenant they brake,
      Although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
      33       But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel;
      After those days, saith the LORD,
      I will put my law in their inward parts,
      And write it in their hearts;
      And will be their God,
      And they shall be my people.
      34       And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying,
      Know the LORD:
      For they shall all know me,
      From the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD:
      For I will forgive their iniquity,
      And I will remember their sin no more.

Jer. 31:31–34.

This New Covenant began in Jerusalem in [approximately] A.D. 33 during one of Israel's Feasts under the Law, the Feast of Harvests (Pentecost). Jews who escaped or remained in Gentile lands after their conquest and subsequent Exile first by the Assyrians in 722 BC and Babylon in 586 BC, came to this Feast as commanded by God under the Mosaic Law. It was a time of celebration. 

During the early morning hours while the 11 apostles of the Lamb (plus one: Matthias) prayed in the upper room the Holy Spirit of Promise came and indwelt these men and they began to speak in tongues. The languages they spoke were identified by the Jews who came to the Feast from Gentile lands. Most likely they were "Hellenized" Jews influenced by Greek culture in the places they lived.

5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven. 6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language. 7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans? 8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born? 9 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia, 10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes, 11 Cretes  and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God. Acts 2:4–11.

The disciples were accused of being drunk at the third hour of the day (9am) but Peter stood up and addressed the crowd. Peter defends this event as evidence of the Promised Holy Spirit God said He would send to Israel as part of this New Covenant and also gives these onlookers an outline of the promises and prophecies from Joel and King David as proof that these things they were witnessing were indeed from their God. Getting to my point, Scripture says that 3000 Jews were saved and filled with the Holy Spirit of Promise that day, and when the Feast was over these Jews began their journey back to their homes in Gentile lands. They took with them their experiences, Peter's outline of Scriptures explaining this phenomenon, and the Presence of the Holy Spirit in their lives back to their homes. It is not unreasonable they spoke of their experience with other travelers along their journey back home and it is not unreasonable that others were saved at their sharing. After all, it was an "Outpouring" Scripture says, and God had begun to do a new thing in the earth that affected the people of Israel.

When these Jewish Christians returned home, as their custom, they attended their synagogues and shared their experiences. I'm sure others were saved and delivered as well. Soon, a rift occurred between the Judaizers and the Jewish Christians due to the fact that the Judaizers could not reconcile how their Long-awaited Messiah had died on a tree especially since it is said in their religion that anyone who hung on a tree was cursed. They stumbled at this stumbling stone. 

Soon, these Jewish Christians began to gather and fellowship in their homes. This is the beginning of home church fellowships, and in time, at Antioch is where they were first called "Christian" or Christ/Messiah followers. The one thing they needed to do is search their Scripture of the Law, the Psalms, and the Prophets to understand the effect the coming of Israel's Messiah had upon their Covenants and their Judaic religion. Slowly but surely, they began to piece together everything pertaining to their Abrahamic and Mosaic Covenants and what Messiah's arrival (and departure) related to them meant. It was trial and error. But for the most part, while their Temple still stood the "ism" of Judaism remained and their understanding of everything that happened since Pentecost was seen through the lens of the First Covenant Scriptures of Law, Psalms, and Prophets. 

The New Covenant writings of Saul, Peter, James, John, Jude, etc., were written by Jewish Christians to and for other Jewish Christians in the cities and towns they were addressed to, such as Corinth, Ephesus, the region of Galatia, Philippi, Thessalonica, etc. And all these writing were explanation and discussion of Jesus Christ, Israel's Messiah and His effect upon their Covenants and Promises. The first Jewish churches in these cities were populated by Jews who received Jesus bar Joseph as their long-awaited Messiah. There are no new covenants in these writings we have today called the New Testament canon. Thus, every book and letter, every prophet and apostle and their writings, everything we call New Testament Scripture was written by Jews to and for other Jews in New Covenant with God. 

The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob made no covenant with Gentiles. There is nothing in the Law, the Psalms, and the Prophets in which the God of Israel had made any covenant with Gentiles. There is only ONE Covenant in existence, and it is between the God of Israel and the people of Israel of twelve tribes. God is saving Gentiles without a covenant. But up until the destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem the "ism" of Judaism remained. And everything that happened with regard to this New Covenant and the people of Israel was "Jewish" through and through.

Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises; 5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen. Rom. 9:4–5.

24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Mt 15:24.

The Times of the Gentiles will soon end, and the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob turns His full attention back to Israel when the two Jewish witnesses of Revelation arrive, they will use the Hebrew/Jewish Scriptures of the Law, the Psalms, and the Prophets to herald before Israel their Messiah and as Saul said, "all Israel shall be saved." 

At the Marriage Supper of the Lamb Israel will be there by Covenant.

Gentiles will be there by invitation.

Matt. 22.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Only if you are told to think that way.

You can be a Jewish Buddhist, a Jewish atheist, I don't know if this is true or not... but a Jewish Muslim...?

But according to rabbinical fiat you cannot be a Jewish believer in Yeshua Jesus. Period. End of debate (since the rabbis who peddle this trash couldn't win the debate).

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/18/2023 at 5:22 AM, jeremiah1five said:

The New Covenant:

31       Behold, the days come, saith the LORD,
      That I will make a new covenant
      With the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
      32       Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers
      In the day that I took them by the hand
      To bring them out of the land of Egypt;
      Which my covenant they brake,
      Although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
      33       But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel;
      After those days, saith the LORD,
      I will put my law in their inward parts,
      And write it in their hearts;
      And will be their God,
      And they shall be my people.
      34       And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying,
      Know the LORD:
      For they shall all know me,
      From the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD:
      For I will forgive their iniquity,
      And I will remember their sin no more.

Jer. 31:31–34.

This New Covenant began in Jerusalem in [approximately] A.D. 33 during one of Israel's Feasts under the Law, the Feast of Harvests (Pentecost). Jews who escaped or remained in Gentile lands after their conquest and subsequent Exile first by the Assyrians in 722 BC and Babylon in 586 BC, came to this Feast as commanded by God under the Mosaic Law. It was a time of celebration. 

During the early morning hours while the 11 apostles of the Lamb (plus one: Matthias) prayed in the upper room the Holy Spirit of Promise came and indwelt these men and they began to speak in tongues. The languages they spoke were identified by the Jews who came to the Feast from Gentile lands. Most likely they were "Hellenized" Jews influenced by Greek culture in the places they lived.

5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven. 6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language. 7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans? 8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born? 9 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia, 10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes, 11 Cretes  and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God. Acts 2:4–11.

The disciples were accused of being drunk at the third hour of the day (9am) but Peter stood up and addressed the crowd. Peter defends this event as evidence of the Promised Holy Spirit God said He would send to Israel as part of this New Covenant and also gives these onlookers an outline of the promises and prophecies from Joel and King David as proof that these things they were witnessing were indeed from their God. Getting to my point, Scripture says that 3000 Jews were saved and filled with the Holy Spirit of Promise that day, and when the Feast was over these Jews began their journey back to their homes in Gentile lands. They took with them their experiences, Peter's outline of Scriptures explaining this phenomenon, and the Presence of the Holy Spirit in their lives back to their homes. It is not unreasonable they spoke of their experience with other travelers along their journey back home and it is not unreasonable that others were saved at their sharing. After all, it was an "Outpouring" Scripture says, and God had begun to do a new thing in the earth that affected the people of Israel.

When these Jewish Christians returned home, as their custom, they attended their synagogues and shared their experiences. I'm sure others were saved and delivered as well. Soon, a rift occurred between the Judaizers and the Jewish Christians due to the fact that the Judaizers could not reconcile how their Long-awaited Messiah had died on a tree especially since it is said in their religion that anyone who hung on a tree was cursed. They stumbled at this stumbling stone. 

Soon, these Jewish Christians began to gather and fellowship in their homes. This is the beginning of home church fellowships, and in time, at Antioch is where they were first called "Christian" or Christ/Messiah followers. The one thing they needed to do is search their Scripture of the Law, the Psalms, and the Prophets to understand the effect the coming of Israel's Messiah had upon their Covenants and their Judaic religion. Slowly but surely, they began to piece together everything pertaining to their Abrahamic and Mosaic Covenants and what Messiah's arrival (and departure) related to them meant. It was trial and error. But for the most part, while their Temple still stood the "ism" of Judaism remained and their understanding of everything that happened since Pentecost was seen through the lens of the First Covenant Scriptures of Law, Psalms, and Prophets. 

The New Covenant writings of Saul, Peter, James, John, Jude, etc., were written by Jewish Christians to and for other Jewish Christians in the cities and towns they were addressed to, such as Corinth, Ephesus, the region of Galatia, Philippi, Thessalonica, etc. And all these writing were explanation and discussion of Jesus Christ, Israel's Messiah and His effect upon their Covenants and Promises. The first Jewish churches in these cities were populated by Jews who received Jesus bar Joseph as their long-awaited Messiah. There are no new covenants in these writings we have today called the New Testament canon. Thus, every book and letter, every prophet and apostle and their writings, everything we call New Testament Scripture was written by Jews to and for other Jews in New Covenant with God. 

The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob made no covenant with Gentiles. There is nothing in the Law, the Psalms, and the Prophets in which the God of Israel had made any covenant with Gentiles. There is only ONE Covenant in existence, and it is between the God of Israel and the people of Israel of twelve tribes. God is saving Gentiles without a covenant. But up until the destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem the "ism" of Judaism remained. And everything that happened with regard to this New Covenant and the people of Israel was "Jewish" through and through.

Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises; 5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen. Rom. 9:4–5.

24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Mt 15:24.

The Times of the Gentiles will soon end, and the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob turns His full attention back to Israel when the two Jewish witnesses of Revelation arrive, they will use the Hebrew/Jewish Scriptures of the Law, the Psalms, and the Prophets to herald before Israel their Messiah and as Saul said, "all Israel shall be saved." 

At the Marriage Supper of the Lamb Israel will be there by Covenant.

Gentiles will be there by invitation.

Matt. 22.

I understand your sentiments. Paul, in Romans 9, was ready to trade his salvation for "his brethren according to the FLESH." There is however a series of events that you did not mention and which casts a different light on the matter. Israel's story does not start at Pentecost and 3,000 Jews. And nor does the narrative of the "Ekklesia" - commonly called the Church of Christ begin there.

From Adam to Noah the people of this earth were one nation. At Babel God divided them in to THE Nations by langauge. The only thing they had in common was their ORIGIN - Adam. Some centuries later, God separated a Syrian for His purposes of recovering man, and because this Syrian's wife was barren, God had to intervene. She bore a son and in God's Covenant with Syrian Abraham, this was the line to which the Covenant applied. "IN Isaac shall your seed be called": That is, ORIGIN was everything when it comes to being part of God's plan. Isaac, via Jacob, sired a special nation of 12 Tribes from four women. As you have rightly pointed out, they are the only Nation to have the Covenants and Words of God. (You forgot Noah's Covenant with all flesh - Gen.9:17, but it has little bearing on your posting, so let's let it slide). The main point is achieved - ORIGIN is everything.

Israel, brought forth a Man via a Israelite woman. But since this woman was a virgin, God had to again intervene. God took the male part and this resulted in that special Man being fully Man and fully God. This is because of a very strict law of the Creator in genesis 1:11-12, which says that every KIND must bring forth its OWN KIND. During His short life, this Man, Jesus, fulfilled the Covenant of Law and went further than Law to die for the guilty - that is, all men. Being the Creator, when He died, he released what was IN him. John 12:24 says that He is symbolized by a grain of Wheat, and in accordance with the Law of KINDS, He brought forth a great company of grains of wheat. In reality the Ekklesia is NEW CREATURE. It's ORIGIN is in the Holy Spirit. It is completely New and has NO PAST. It had its ORIGIN on Golgotha via the Holy Spirit.

Reality is real and not to be denied. Practically, the New Creature is made of men and women via a New Birth by the same Holy Spirit. Ephesians 2 says that to make up the New Creature, God took men OUT OF the Nations, and OUT OF the Nation of Israel, and made OUT OF these TWO, ONE NEW MAN (v.15). The first attribute of this New Man s that being born out of death, He had NO PAST. "All things are new" (2nd Cor.5:17). The word "ALL" in the Bible means "ALL". And so, among other things, ETHNICITY IS GONE. Galatians 3:28 and Colossians 3:11-12 categorically state that in the New Man there are no Jews and no Greeks. Etnicity doesn't exist. The second attribute of the New Man is that the Law of Moses was crucified with Christ.

The reasons for this are; (i) that Christ had fulfilled the law and could impute its righteousness to any man, (ii) Christ had fulfilled it perfectly and God only approved Christ's standard, and (iii) the Law forbade Jews to have relations with Gentiles. Thus, the Law was "at enmity" with the UNITY that God wanted among His Ekklesia. It was a "PARTITION", and had to be abolished. The only remaining thing for God to do was to create the legal basis for ex-Gentiles to be made partakers of the Covenant made with Abraham. This, God very cleverly does by (i) the Ekklesia coming out of Jesus - Himself a seed of Abraham, (ii) "adopting" the ex-gentiles. Adoption makes a man HEIR without being the bloodline, and (iii) making a "Commonwealth of Israel". The word "Commonwealth" is a legal arrangement where member states enjoy the trading rights of the leading Nation WITHOUT LOSING THEIR SOVEREIGNTY. That is, a New Zealander may travel and trade on the back of Great Britain without giving up his New Zealander citizenship and local laws.

There is a New Man. ORIGIN is EVERYTHING: He comes from the Holy Spirit. He comes out of the death of Jesus. He is totally New. There are no Jews nor are there Gentiles in the New Man. Israel is of the earth. The New Man is of heaven. But the New Man enjoys the Covenant of Promise made with Abraham by three legal maneuvers of a profoundly clever God. At he same time, the New Man has nothing to do with Israel, does not partake of its citizenship, and is not bound by the law of Moses.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  308
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

Can't be. Jews have been waiting for their Promised Redeemer for hundreds of years. They are the original Christians but didn't get that designation until the first century in Antioch.

Still, they awaited their Christ.

32 minutes ago, AdHoc said:

I understand your sentiments. Paul, in Romans 9, was ready to trade his salvation for "his brethren according to the FLESH." There is however a series of events that you did not mention and which casts a different light on the matter. Israel's story does not start at Pentecost and 3,000 Jews. And nor does the narrative of the "Ekklesia" - commonly called the Church of Christ begin there.

From Adam to Noah the people of this earth were one nation. At Babel God divided them in to THE Nations by langauge. The only thing they had in common was their ORIGIN - Adam. Some centuries later, God separated a Syrian for His purposes of recovering man, and because this Syrian's wife was barren, God had to intervene. She bore a son and in God's Covenant with Syrian Abraham, this was the line to which the Covenant applied. "IN Isaac shall your seed be called": That is, ORIGIN was everything when it comes to being part of God's plan. Isaac, via Jacob, sired a special nation of 12 Tribes from four women. As you have rightly pointed out, they are the only Nation to have the Covenants and Words of God. (You forgot Noah's Covenant with all flesh - Gen.9:17, but it has little bearing on your posting, so let's let it slide). The main point is achieved - ORIGIN is everything.

Israel, brought forth a Man via a Israelite woman. But since this woman was a virgin, God had to again intervene. God took the male part and this resulted in that special Man being fully Man and fully God. This is because of a very strict law of the Creator in genesis 1:11-12, which says that every KIND must bring forth its OWN KIND. During His short life, this Man, Jesus, fulfilled the Covenant of Law and went further than Law to die for the guilty - that is, all men. Being the Creator, when He died, he released what was IN him. John 12:24 says that He is symbolized by a grain of Wheat, and in accordance with the Law of KINDS, He brought forth a great company of grains of wheat. In reality the Ekklesia is NEW CREATURE. It's ORIGIN is in the Holy Spirit. It is completely New and has NO PAST. It had its ORIGIN on Golgotha via the Holy Spirit.

Reality is real and not to be denied. Practically, the New Creature is made of men and women via a New Birth by the same Holy Spirit. Ephesians 2 says that to make up the New Creature, God took men OUT OF the Nations, and OUT OF the Nation of Israel, and made OUT OF these TWO, ONE NEW MAN (v.15). The first attribute of this New Man s that being born out of death, He had NO PAST. "All things are new" (2nd Cor.5:17). The word "ALL" in the Bible means "ALL". And so, among other things, ETHNICITY IS GONE. Galatians 3:28 and Colossians 3:11-12 categorically state that in the New Man there are no Jews and no Greeks. Etnicity doesn't exist. The second attribute of the New Man is that the Law of Moses was crucified with Christ.

The reasons for this are; (i) that Christ had fulfilled the law and could impute its righteousness to any man, (ii) Christ had fulfilled it perfectly and God only approved Christ's standard, and (iii) the Law forbade Jews to have relations with Gentiles. Thus, the Law was "at enmity" with the UNITY that God wanted among His Ekklesia. It was a "PARTITION", and had to be abolished. The only remaining thing for God to do was to create the legal basis for ex-Gentiles to be made partakers of the Covenant made with Abraham. This, God very cleverly does by (i) the Ekklesia coming out of Jesus - Himself a seed of Abraham, (ii) "adopting" the ex-gentiles. Adoption makes a man HEIR without being the bloodline, and (iii) making a "Commonwealth of Israel". The word "Commonwealth" is a legal arrangement where member states enjoy the trading rights of the leading Nation WITHOUT LOSING THEIR SOVEREIGNTY. That is, a New Zealander may travel and trade on the back of Great Britain without giving up his New Zealander citizenship and local laws.

There is a New Man. ORIGIN is EVERYTHING: He comes from the Holy Spirit. He comes out of the death of Jesus. He is totally New. There are no Jews nor are there Gentiles in the New Man. Israel is of the earth. The New Man is of heaven. But the New Man enjoys the Covenant of Promise made with Abraham by three legal maneuvers of a profoundly clever God. At he same time, the New Man has nothing to do with Israel, does not partake of its citizenship, and is not bound by the law of Moses.

You are right about one thing. The Church ("called out [ones]") didn't begin at the Feast of Harvests. It began in the desert with the children of Israel at the time of the Tabernacle. Then, they were called the Great Congregation. The children of Israel were "ekklesia" called out of Egypt and are the original Church. This Church is begun with Israel and will continue when the Times of the Gentiles is over, and the Time of Jacob's Troubles begin, and God turns His full attention back to Israel His Bride, then Saul's words "and all Israel shall be saved" will be complete.

From Adam all the way to today there have always been two groups of people, covenant and non-covenant, Jew and Gentile. After Abel and continuing with Seth and his family also known as the "sons of God" (Gen. 6), God has made covenant with a certain family line. This continues today as far as covenant goes for God made no covenant with Gentiles nor with any Gentile and his seed.

Christ didn't die for "all men." He died for His Church and Bride Israel. And "all men" are not Israel. Christ Himself says He was not sent but to the lost sheep of the House of Israel. The New Covenant is with the House of Israel. The New Covenant Church is a continuation of the Old Covenant Church in the desert and was populated by Jews. The first four+ decades the Jewish Christians had to muddle their way through the Law, Psalms, and Prophets to rightly understand Messiah's effect upon the Abrahamic and Mosaic Covenants and the prophecies concerning Messiah. The New Covenant writings of Saul, Matthew, Mark, Peter, James, John, etc., are only discussions of that effect of Messiah on their religion. What Christ brought forth was fulfillment of the covenants, promises, prophecies God gave and sent to Israel. The New Covenant is with the House of Israel as described in Jer. 31:31-34. Gentiles are not "partakers" with the House of Israel and their New Covenant for there is no mention in this New Covenant of Gentiles being "partakers." I think you've over analyzed the Scriptures and misunderstood many things about Israel's Covenant to the point of including and seeing the New Covenant Scriptures as Jewish Christians writing to Gentiles when this is not the truth. The New Covenant was a Jewish phenomenon that was particular to Israel of twelve tribes.

The "other flock" Jesus mentions in John 10 are not Gentiles but Samaritans. Even being half-Jew God's Covenant stands despite the prejudice of Israel proper. And bear in mind that Jesus did not have problem with the people He came to serve and die for. His initial issue was with the religious leaders because He taught the spirit of the Law, and they only understood the letter of the Law. Also, calling some of these religious leaders "devil" is not a reference to Lucifer or Satan, or any other angel that sinned but as the word is defined, He was calling them "traducers" or "liars." A man can have only one father and later a "great company of priests were obedient to the faith" in Acts 6. So, they couldn't have been born in covenant with the sign of circumcision, Lucifer as their "father" and become sons of God through new birth. From the concept in God's Mind to create man and from this mass of humanity call out a people to Himself He always saw His elect as sheep. Even before the new birth they were sheep and after the new birth were sheep. Those whose names are written by God in the book of life of the lamb slain from [before] the foundation (creation) or the world (Rev. 13:8.)

There is correlation between the New Covenant and the Mosaic Covenant, specifically, the Law.

The Law is type and shadow of the Holy Spirit, and it is HE [that Law] whom God promised to put in the inward parts of covenant Israel in the New Covenant. The Law written on stone instructed and guided Israel from without and the Law in the New Covenant will instruct and guide Israel from within written on fleshly tables of the 'heart.' The Kingdom of God (Christ is the Kingdom of God) comes not with observation but is within you.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,127
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

11 hours ago, JohnD said:

You can be a Jewish Buddhist, a Jewish atheist, I don't know if this is true or not... but a Jewish Muslim...?

But according to rabbinical fiat you cannot be a Jewish believer in Yeshua Jesus. Period. End of debate (since the rabbis who peddle this trash couldn't win the debate).

That's a good way to start a fight.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

4 hours ago, AdHoc said:

This is true, and very well put, @AdHoc

On 10/18/2023 at 4:22 PM, jeremiah1five said:

The New Covenant writings of Saul, Peter, James, John, Jude, etc., were written by Jewish Christians to and for other Jewish Christians in the cities and towns they were addressed to,

Strange you would think the above, given this below

Eph 2:11-13 Therefore remember that formerly you who are Gentiles in the flesh and called uncircumcised by the so-called circumcision (that done in the body by human hands)— (12) remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, alienated from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. (13) But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Content Per Day:  3.33

3 hours ago, jeremiah1five said:

You are right about one thing. The Church ("called out [ones]") didn't begin at the Feast of Harvests. It began in the desert with the children of Israel at the time of the Tabernacle. Then, they were called the Great Congregation. The children of Israel were "ekklesia" called out of Egypt and are the original Church. This Church is begun with Israel and will continue when the Times of the Gentiles is over, and the Time of Jacob's Troubles begin, and God turns His full attention back to Israel His Bride, then Saul's words "and all Israel shall be saved" will be complete.

From Adam all the way to today there have always been two groups of people, covenant and non-covenant, Jew and Gentile. After Abel and continuing with Seth and his family also known as the "sons of God" (Gen. 6), God has made covenant with a certain family line. This continues today as far as covenant goes for God made no covenant with Gentiles nor with any Gentile and his seed.

Christ didn't die for "all men." He died for His Church and Bride Israel. And "all men" are not Israel. Christ Himself says He was not sent but to the lost sheep of the House of Israel. The New Covenant is with the House of Israel. The New Covenant Church is a continuation of the Old Covenant Church in the desert and was populated by Jews. The first four+ decades the Jewish Christians had to muddle their way through the Law, Psalms, and Prophets to rightly understand Messiah's effect upon the Abrahamic and Mosaic Covenants and the prophecies concerning Messiah. The New Covenant writings of Saul, Matthew, Mark, Peter, James, John, etc., are only discussions of that effect of Messiah on their religion. What Christ brought forth was fulfillment of the covenants, promises, prophecies God gave and sent to Israel. The New Covenant is with the House of Israel as described in Jer. 31:31-34. Gentiles are not "partakers" with the House of Israel and their New Covenant for there is no mention in this New Covenant of Gentiles being "partakers." I think you've over analyzed the Scriptures and misunderstood many things about Israel's Covenant to the point of including and seeing the New Covenant Scriptures as Jewish Christians writing to Gentiles when this is not the truth. The New Covenant was a Jewish phenomenon that was particular to Israel of twelve tribes.

The "other flock" Jesus mentions in John 10 are not Gentiles but Samaritans. Even being half-Jew God's Covenant stands despite the prejudice of Israel proper. And bear in mind that Jesus did not have problem with the people He came to serve and die for. His initial issue was with the religious leaders because He taught the spirit of the Law, and they only understood the letter of the Law. Also, calling some of these religious leaders "devil" is not a reference to Lucifer or Satan, or any other angel that sinned but as the word is defined, He was calling them "traducers" or "liars." A man can have only one father and later a "great company of priests were obedient to the faith" in Acts 6. So, they couldn't have been born in covenant with the sign of circumcision, Lucifer as their "father" and become sons of God through new birth. From the concept in God's Mind to create man and from this mass of humanity call out a people to Himself He always saw His elect as sheep. Even before the new birth they were sheep and after the new birth were sheep. Those whose names are written by God in the book of life of the lamb slain from [before] the foundation (creation) or the world (Rev. 13:8.)

There is correlation between the New Covenant and the Mosaic Covenant, specifically, the Law.

The Law is type and shadow of the Holy Spirit, and it is HE [that Law] whom God promised to put in the inward parts of covenant Israel in the New Covenant. The Law written on stone instructed and guided Israel from without and the Law in the New Covenant will instruct and guide Israel from within written on fleshly tables of the 'heart.' The Kingdom of God (Christ is the Kingdom of God) comes not with observation but is within you.

Thank you for your comprehensive reply. I have read it through twice. You have built an argument without giving any scriptures, which I understand because the subject is big and the scriptures are many. Books have been written on the subject. If you will allow, I will let my reply stand, without further comment, next to yours and the other interested readers can judge. We are so far apart that any discussion on one or more points will be lost in the total.

Nevertheless, I wish you Godspeed - and, thanks for the exchange.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

The author of Hebrews (who I am convinced was Paul) commented on the New Covenant passage in Jeremiah 31.

On 10/19/2023 at 12:52 AM, JohnD said:

Good thing I regard the Scripture and not the 'face' of man.

Jewish Christian (Jewish Christ-follower, Jewish Messiah-ite,.)