~Shalhevet~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

I’m so confused by what is happening on social media.  There are a lot of people saying Zionism is racism. I’m not understanding that view point at all?  Isn’t Zionism simply support for the state of Israel and the Jewish people?  How is that wrong?  Forgive my lack of knowledge and understanding on this issue. I appreciate clarification. I’m getting grief from friends for supporting Israel which has never happened to me before. 

it seems even Jewish groups in the US are denouncing Zionism. I don’t understand!

Edited by ~Shalhevet~

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.79
  • Days Won:  1

10 minutes ago, ~Shalhevet~ said:

I’m so confused by what is happening on social media.  There are a lot of people saying Zionism is racism. I’m not understanding that view point at all?  Isn’t Zionism simply support for the state of Israel and the Jewish people?  How is that wrong?  Forgive my lack of knowledge and understanding on this issue. I appreciate clarification. I’m getting grief from friends for supporting Israel which has never happened to me before. 

it seems even Jewish groups in the US are denouncing Zionism. I don’t understand!

Antisemitism, Judenhass, shows itself in many ways, frequently pretending to be something other than what it really is to deceive the unsuspecting, and ignorant, into supporting it.

But it is all just hatred of Jews, something that has no place in Christ's kingdom, avoid falling into that trap amd siding with evil without realizing you are.

• Thanks 1

Jews not supporting Israel I don’t understand :(

https://fb.watch/nMRRkGslHl/?mibextid=cr9u03

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,632
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Fascinating too isn't it?

The word Zion versus use of it as a disdain is intriguing, presenting to the reader or hearer of it used as an epithetic expression a reveal of a much deeper dislike ignorance or even disdain and hatred of  God, what is Godly, and by extension  an expression of prejudice against Jews regardless of their actual faith. or lack of faith. 

From Webster's Dictionary, Zion noun

Zi·on ˈzī-ən; variants  or less commonly Sion  ( ˈsī-ən ) 

Synonyms of Zion

1: a;  the Jewish people : ISRAEL

b ; the Jewish homeland that is symbolic of Judaism or of Jewish national aspiration

c ; the ideal nation or society envisaged by Judaism

2 : HEAVEN

3 : UTOPIA

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ~Shalhevet~ said:

Jews not supporting Israel I don’t understand :(

https://fb.watch/nMRRkGslHl/?mibextid=cr9u03

Throughout history, the Jews have turned out to be their own worst enemy when they forgot the God who made them his nation.

They are God's chosen people, the ones whom God has chosen to bring his salvation to mankind, it should be expected that Satan would concentrate on and deceive them as much as he possibly can and that some of them would be deceived by him and fall into his trap.

Pray for them and their peace and salvation.

• Praying! 1

2 minutes ago, FJK said:

Throughout history, the Jews have turned out to be their own worst enemy when they forgot the God who made them his nation.

They are God's chosen people, the ones whom God has chosen to bring his salvation to mankind, it should be expected that Satan would concentrate on and deceive them as much as he possibly can and that some of them would be deceived by him and fall into his trap.

Pray for them and their peace and salvation.

Sad. :(

To be called racist over my love and support for Israel is a punch to the gut. I may actually lose friendship over this. I have very strong feelings about what is happening. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,632
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Jews are not particularly faith filled. Most just like non Jews have no affiliation with God at all. They may have affiliation with a synagogue, even Rabbis, but not faith, and certainly not in the inspired  of God Torah. So it is as easy for them to have disdain for Jews of some faith, just as it is for other peoples without faith.

They like much of the unsaved world have that sense of higher understanding  of the enlightened atheist that finds faith something to disdain and actively reject, and even punish  when found in others.

For many many many it is not even to simply not believe, it is a cause for them to actively oppose faith itself, and those that have been granted by God the having  of faith in their lives; faith that is active and leading to faithing a real life purpose.

So what to do, realizing one is facing nonbelievers, hostile ones even?  Have mercy as Jesus has exended mercy to those already knowing of their own salvation, and be kind as possible while  holding to one's own faith, pray for them.  Befriend them whenever possible.

Share  of the simple gospel of Yeshua, doing so pleasantly not as an antagonist. Invite the hearer to ask of God for the faith that is found in Yeshua the hope certain of life eternal with God.

• Praying! 1

9 minutes ago, ~Shalhevet~ said:

To be called racist over my love and support for Israel is a punch to the gut. I may actually lose friendship over this. I have very strong feelings about what is happening. 

Hard times show you who your friends are, and who they are not.

This may seem like a curse but it is actually a blessing, it shows you who will accept you as you are and who will only accept you if you become what they want you to become (and what they want you to become is for their benefit, not yours).

Associate with those who make you a better person and stay away from those who don't, in the longer term you will not regret it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  0

It has to do with several things in my opinion: 

1. Their news sources, are they liberal? Most likely.

2. Their love for God and indirectly God's people. Has it grown cold? When that happens their opinions are more likely to be swayed against Israel and the Church.

3. Are they progressive liberals masquerading as Christians . . . or . . . do they have various sins in their lives that leads to deception and bad opinions about other things . . . like Israel. 

You can then pray for your friends effectively once you understand issues that may be in their lives . . . . 

My opinion . . .  

Grace and Peace to you and yours . . . Ray . . 

• Interesting! 1