• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,159
  • Content Per Day:  2.04
  • Days Won:  8

1 minute ago, Eli1 said:

That's a two way street. 

Just because a scientist is an idiot, doesn't mean we all have to be idiots. 

God gave us eyes to see and ears to hear. God also gave you free-will to reject what you see and gave me free-will to believe what i see. 

There are no limitations on how God chooses to create us. 

So, which came first?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1978

Just now, Sparks said:

So, which came first?

God is first. 

The methods are second. He can choose to create us through evolution, or in six 24-hour days as some believe. 

There is nothing wrong with either method as long as it doesn't turn into fundamentalism. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

1 minute ago, Eli1 said:

God is first. 

The methods are second. He can choose to create us through evolution, or in six 24-hour days as some believe. 

There is nothing wrong with either method as long as it doesn't turn into fundamentalism. 

I think you are dealing with your first conflict in scripture.  Did Adam bring in death through sin, or was it death that brought in Adam through evolution?

Just now, Sparks said:

I think you are dealing with your first conflict in scripture.  Did Adam bring in death through sin, or was it death that brought in Adam through evolution?

There is no conflict here. 

Adam brought death through sin because of free-will

Just now, Eli1 said:

There is no conflict here. 

Adam brought death through sin because of free-will

According to evolution, man started from the primordial soup allegedly as Saccorhytus Coronarius, and that brought in Adam over trillions of worth years of 'deaths' and evolution. 

So are you sure?  You cannot have it both ways.

6 minutes ago, Sparks said:

According to evolution, man started from the primordial soup allegedly as Saccorhytus Coronarius, and that brought in Adam over trillions of worth years of 'deaths' and evolution. 

So are you sure?  You cannot have it both ways.

Are you sure you got your assumptions correct on how God does things?

Why do you assume Adam and Eve were even in this realm? Maybe there were not made of flesh and blood and they existed in a different realm. There were in direct fellowship with the presence of the Creator were they not? Or maybe they were made flesh and blood and by eating by the Tree of Life, it made their bodes incorruptible against entropy and death. 

Or maybe there are a million of other things in terms of details that nobody knows. But right now, as we are, God has created us with 5 senses so we have to reach to Him though these senses. So when i see the Neanderthal bones, i don't just put a fork in my eye and pretend that i never saw it. 

This whole creation is a mystery and that's why faith in God is a choice we have to make, which is based on free-will again. 

Jesus' resurrected body is also a mystery. He could go through walls but He could also eat food. So maybe that's how Adam and Eve was. 

How God does things, is only a limitation from our point of view, not God's.

Edited by Eli1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.90
  • Days Won:  1

11 minutes ago, Sparks said:

That isn't a conflict in scripture, it is a conflict between scripture and what the world proposes instead.

God's way is not the world;s way and the world does not like admitting it, preferring to put itself above God instead of beneath him.  (Thou shalt have no other god's before me, something the world detests).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.90
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, Eli1 said:

Are you sure you got your assumptions correct on how God does things?

How does the Bible, the word of God, say he did it?

All those maybes are not from God and not his answer to the question, God's answer is never in terms of "maybe it is this" or "maybe it is that" or anything else that confuses, God's answer -when you find it, which you will if you seek it- is always comes in the form of "This is it!" when it comes.  Speculation about anything else is just confusion which is not from God.

4 minutes ago, FJK said:

How does the Bible, the word of God, say he did it?

All those maybes are not from God and not his answer to the question, God's answer is never in terms of "maybe it is this" or "maybe it is that" or anything else that confuses, God's answer -when you find it, which you will if you seek it- is always comes in the form of "This is it!" when it comes.  Speculation about anything else is just confusion which is not from God.

Well, this also depends on how you view the Bible.

Based on your comment here i take it that you believe that the Bible fell from the sky and God Himself wrote it. 

But the fact is that the Bible was written by people like you and me who were chosen by God to convey a revelation. 

So they had to put into words concepts about Creation which are probably 1 million years from now in terms of technical language to be described properly, and they had to put them into a language which was acceptable in 3000 BC.

This is why the Bible is, again, not a mathematics or biology or thermodynamics book, but a relationship book to our Creator. 

Edited by Eli1

15 minutes ago, FJK said:

That isn't a conflict in scripture, it is a conflict between scripture and what the world proposes instead.

God's way is not the world;s way and the world does not like admitting it, preferring to put itself above God instead of beneath him.  (Thou shalt have no other god's before me, something the world detests).

I am not sure what you are saying here.  Evolution theory is a religion that conflicts with Creation (how God did things). 

• Thumbs Up 2