• Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,159
  • Content Per Day:  2.04
  • Days Won:  8

2 minutes ago, Eli1 said:

Okay let's take this viewpoint. 
Let's assume Eden was located on Earth. 

Now, let's talk about the details. 

What kind of body did Adam and Eve have? 

Immortal ones, for a limited time.  Adam's sin introduced death.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1978

Just now, Sparks said:

Immortal ones, for a limited time.  Adam's sin introduced death.

All right, great, yes i believe this too. 

Now let's talk about how an immortal body works. Was it like ours right now or was it different?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  4,419
  • Content Per Day:  8.21

1 hour ago, Eli1 said:

FreeGrace said: 

Yet, the Bible is very clear.  He didn't create anything through evolution.  He spoke the creation into existence.  Psa 33:6,9

Then, after the earth "became an uninhabitable wasteland" (v.2) He restored the earth in 6 days, including morning and evening, and put Adam's body together from the chemicals, etc from the ground, and then breathed the "breath of life" into his nostrils and man became a living being.  Gen 2:7

Why would any Christian think that evolution is a legitimate "theory"?

The scripture is not a biology book or a science book. It's a relationship book to our Creator.

God created science.  So everything in the Bible about creation is science.

1 hour ago, Eli1 said:

God gave me eyes to see so, when we see bones of our ancestors with our eyes then we have to make some guesses on the changes we've experienced through the ages. When you look at your family line 20 generation ago, they looked very different from you now. And when you look at your family line 10, 000 years ago you also see Neanderthals in the mix. 

Also what we see is more about what is revealed to us and based on what's revealed to us we have to make some educated guesses. 

This for me has no problems with my faith in God because i don't want to make it a fundamentalist issue, because i respect free-will. 

Free will is not the issue, other than man is free to believe whatever he/she wants to believe.  But the Bible is clear how the earth and universe came to be.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.90
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, Sparks said:

Why wouldn't it be located on Earth? If it were, as it should be, then what trace of it would you find after the flood of Noah?

FWIW, the Bible says Adam was created from the dust of the Earth (which is on the Earth) and that God breathed into his nostrils and he came to life (breathing requiring air and air also being on Earth).

He also said from dust we came and to dust we return, our bodies returning to earth and becoming dust should be obvious and again indicates we were formed on earth since we return to where we came from and that is the earth we came from.

I don't see how anyone can question this unless it is willfully done to suit their personal purposes.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  4,419
  • Content Per Day:  8.21

59 minutes ago, Eli1 said:

There are no limitations on how God chooses to create us. 

This isn't about limitations.  It is about what the Bible says.  People either believe it or not.  That's free will.  But our origins are clearly given in Scripture.  And evolution isn't in it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  28

3 minutes ago, Eli1 said:

All right, great, yes i believe this too. 

Now let's talk about how an immortal body works. Was it like ours right now or was it different?

They were immortal, but are no longer and we are their descendants.  We are what they were.  They and the Earth were cursed after the sin, and certainly again after the flood.

Why not just make your point about their bodies?

• Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.90
  • Days Won:  1

List am observation: Spiritual sophism seems to abound in these days and tries very hard to proliferate itself.

First thing we were told in Matthew 24 was to beware of deception and deceivers.

3 minutes ago, FreeGrace said:

God created science.  So everything in the Bible about creation is science.

Free will is not the issue, other than man is free to believe whatever he/she wants to believe.  But the Bible is clear how the earth and universe came to be.

Exactly! Through science we also get to know more about our Creator. Science glorifies God in my view. Science is not this thing that sits out there alone. Science is us, asking HOW questions. 

4 minutes ago, FreeGrace said:

This isn't about limitations.  It is about what the Bible says.  People either believe it or not.  That's free will.  But our origins are clearly given in Scripture.  And evolution isn't in it.

You also have free-will to believe that the Bible fell from the sky. 

2 minutes ago, Sparks said:

They were immortal, but are no longer and we are their descendants.  We are what they were.  They and the Earth were cursed after the sin, and certainly again after the flood.

Why not just make your point about their bodies?

It seems like this is where most of your mental block is. 

Do you realize the technical implications of what it means to be immortal? Do you realize and appreciate the technical complications of our bodies right now to even answer that question?

This is funny to me why people want to make this choice and disregard what their eyes are seeing but i'm also a believer that bliss is better than knowledge. 

If God were to give me a choice right now and say "I will wipe your memory and make you a robot" i will take that choice. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  28

1 minute ago, Eli1 said:

It seems like this is where most of your mental block is. 

Do you realize the technical implications of what it means to be immortal? Do you realize and appreciate the technical complications of our bodies right now to even answer that question?

This is funny to me why people want to make this choice and disregard what their eyes are seeing but i'm also a believer that bliss is better than knowledge. 

If God were to give me a choice right now and say "I will wipe your memory and make you a robot" i will take that choice. 

For those saved, we will eventually become immortal with a body like Christ has now. 

And it is no effort for God to remove the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics, stop telemeters from shortening, or to bring back the dead.  What are the implications you fear?