• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,675
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  0

Hi :)

My name is Michael.. I have been a Christian nearly all my life!! Thanks to God :).. Umm i am because of Holy Spirit a really nice person.. The thing is maybe once every couple years or so somebody pushes the buttons that sets me on fire and i errupt.. Just happened 2 days ago!! I actually got in a physical scuff and i think i enjoyed it!.. Because i am susceptible to this i know what the bible says about anger and even Gods anger or Jesus or Moses.. The thing is i really have no control when it happens.. .. Always someone comes at me and i react rather than respond.. But very rare!! I know it is the enemy .. But i am still a man and subject to testerone and whatever... Any comments please.. As i say i am a really nice guy!!..  I still have flesh that is how God created us... I am Australian and over here it is regarded as normal to get in a scuff.. It is bad to run away.. So i dont think my reactions are necessarily wrong!!??? 

i would live to hear any mature Christian thoughts..

also we are friends now the other man and me.. :)

mike

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.82
  • Days Won:  1

Best thing to do is just avoid situations that lead to it.  No one can criticize you for running away if you aren't there in the first place.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Content Per Day:  2.79

4 hours ago, Snow said:

Hi :)

My name is Michael.. I have been a Christian nearly all my life!! Thanks to God :).. Umm i am because of Holy Spirit a really nice person.. The thing is maybe once every couple years or so somebody pushes the buttons that sets me on fire and i errupt.. Just happened 2 days ago!! I actually got in a physical scuff and i think i enjoyed it!.. Because i am susceptible to this i know what the bible says about anger and even Gods anger or Jesus or Moses.. The thing is i really have no control when it happens.. .. Always someone comes at me and i react rather than respond.. But very rare!! I know it is the enemy .. But i am still a man and subject to testerone and whatever... Any comments please.. As i say i am a really nice guy!!..  I still have flesh that is how God created us... I am Australian and over here it is regarded as normal to get in a scuff.. It is bad to run away.. So i dont think my reactions are necessarily wrong!!??? 

i would live to hear any mature Christian thoughts..

also we are friends now the other man and me.. :)

mike

Romans 12:

18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,488
  • Content Per Day:  12.22
  • Days Won:  31

5 minutes ago, NConly said:

Romans 12:

18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

@NConly Good to quote, maybe easy to quote but it can also take a lifetime to perfect, as we seek increasingly to be led by the grace of God and concentrate on Gospel priorities.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Content Per Day:  2.79

1 minute ago, farouk said:

@NConly Good to quote, maybe easy to quote but it can also take a lifetime to perfect, as we seek increasingly to be led by the grace of God and concentrate on Gospel priorities.

It is one thing among others we have to work on during our life on earth. Sorry if it offended you.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,488
  • Content Per Day:  12.22
  • Days Won:  31

1 minute ago, NConly said:

It is one thing among others we have to work on during our life on earth. Sorry if it offended you.

Oh good post, no offence there...

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/1/2023 at 11:27 PM, farouk said:

I love this :)

God bless

mike

• Thanks 1

Hi again :)... Every one here knows i am a Christian and very docile and happy.. I think occasionally this is viewed as weakness.. I drive trucks and meet many people .. Many of which are 'big tough truckie types'.. And seriously they dont equate well with 'nice' people.. It just so happens tgat many times these blokes are up for a fight.. And i 9 times out of 10 am not angry back because i understand where they are coming from .. It is easy to talk them down... It seems to be the rare occasion when i get outraged.. Then i really have no control and my glasses come off and just get crazy.. This seems to be my rare affliction in the flesh.. Does any one else experience this please? Actually i might start another thread :)

God bless Mike

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,969
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, Snow said:

Hi again :)... Every one here knows i am a Christian and very docile and happy.. I think occasionally this is viewed as weakness.. I drive trucks and meet many people .. Many of which are 'big tough truckie types'.. And seriously they dont equate well with 'nice' people.. It just so happens tgat many times these blokes are up for a fight.. And i 9 times out of 10 am not angry back because i understand where they are coming from .. It is easy to talk them down... It seems to be the rare occasion when i get outraged.. Then i really have no control and my glasses come off and just get crazy.. This seems to be my rare affliction in the flesh.. Does any one else experience this please? Actually i might start another thread :)

God bless Mike

There are some very angry, aggressive, and devious people at large.

I am convinced that God doesn't want His People to be dominated, intimidated, manipulated, or seduced, so when threatened by antagonists I tell them I want to speak to them about the Lord Jesus Christ and proceed to tell them that Christ died for them to take away their sin.

A number of times whilst carrying out my groundkeeping duties when no other staff are present at the government installation I am contracted to, I have been approached in an antisocial and menacing way by transients on site without authorisation. More than once I have been charged at and threatened with violence by an agitated individual who has parked up and left a mess, and been asked to clean it up and stop trespassing. My challenge for him to stop in the name of Jesus Christ has been effective, and my references to his sin being paid for by Jesus Christ on the cross reduced his aggression to belligerently bringing his face to within centremetres of mine, at which time I told him Jesus loved him and I wanted to be his friend. Some interesting dialogue has taken place, with colourful language used to question what I knew about his sin, my answer being again that I knew Christ had died to take away his sin and set him free from it.

With the help of the Holy Spirit these confrontations were de-escalated with plenty of verbal assaults but no actual physical contact, and more signs have been placed to warn such persons to stay off the premises, from which plants, landscape features, and vehicles have been stolen.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,127
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

Use ear plugs. Helped me very well. You hear it way softer, way easier to ignore and stay calm.

Edited by Renskedejonge