• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi all, I am seeking Bible reference direct and indirect that may help me personally as I deal with a subject of concern,"the lie". The lie, or untruth, or incorrect fallacious statement, that flows off the tongue, as it has become a very serious problem  that I am encountering and need to deal with  in a relationship.

I really do not know if the lie(s) told is believed by the teller(s) of it/them, but it/they is simply not factually correct. Is it delusion  or  deliberate?  I do not know, but figure I need brush up on as many Bible references to the subject of lies, lying, and liars, as well as delusion as I possibly can.

It is not just one lie, but instead a pattern of social behavior. I am looking to study  on it from the word of God the Bible  in hope that understanding and finding reveal of ways to deal with it that will develop from there for practical application and hopefully correction so that the lie pattern is broken.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Almost right off the bat I came across a presentation by John Piper from "Desiring God" that has some clues I think for relating the action of the lie to the father of lies. It is titled , OCTOBER 4, 2016  Satan’s Ten Strategies Against You

It is a good clue I think to an aspect of the lie, but I am more interested in direct bible instruction and clues for guidance from the bible.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

21 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

The lie, or untruth, or incorrect fallacious statement

Your starting point has to be the ten commandments.

I found this:-https://www.biblestudytools.com/bible-study/topical-studies/why-bible-say-do-not-bear-false-witness.html

A commentary on bearing walked witness.

• Interesting! 1