IGNORED

Should Christmas be celebrated or rejected according to the word of God?

Bro.Tan

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,561
  • Content Per Day:  12.17
  • Days Won:  31

3 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

For sure I do not like what I read "Happy Incarnation Day". If it was not Christmas I would think this is a day celebrated by some far ancient religion. 

What are your thoughts when you use this greeting "Happy Incarnation Day"? That makes me question that it is possible those words which are not anywhere spoken by the disciples of Jesus and are not in the bible. And by default those words are not spoken by Jesus and the Holy Spirit. Please your thoughts which compel you to post "Happy Incarnation Day".

@Your closest friendnt While that phrase is not widely used that I know of, the Incarnation is a glorious truth: John 1.14; 1 Timothy 3.16; Colossians 2.9....

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,874
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

26 minutes ago, farouk said:

@Your closest friendnt While that phrase is not widely used that I know of, the Incarnation is a glorious truth: John 1.14; 1 Timothy 3.16; Colossians 2.9....

This is not a word that it can be said that was inspired by the Holy Spirit. Involving the name of John and Paul it does not make it so. I am not sure why you are involving the name of John, and Paul. None of them affiliated them selves with this word which is not found in the bible. John supported the account in the Gospel of Luke about the birth of Jesus Christ. Which in detail is supported by the prophetic and the testimony of the Archangel Gabriel who stands in the presence of God. Those scripture reference say nothing to support your point. This word is not for the support of the Gospel but it can be used against it in some way or another by the Antichrist. This is a doctrinal word. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt

19 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi,

I suggest that every incarnation of Yeshua is important.

This is something that suggests that we have many Incarnation days of IESOUS. And perhaps we should celebrate all of them. I an not sure if the word "Incarnation" in the context of this post it was used with the context used by the other poster who suggests there is only one by saying the greeting "Happy Incarnation Day" instead of Happy Christmas. 

• Interesting! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,672
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

9 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

This is something that suggests that we have many Incarnation days of IESOUS. And perhaps we should celebrate all of them. I an not sure if the word "Incarnation" in the context of this post it was used with the context used by the other poster who suggests there is only one by saying the greeting "Happy Incarnation Day" instead of Happy Christmas. 

Hi, Reminds me of the embarrassing time, way back in my young adult and atheist days; being at a  friend's home, seeing a Christmas ornament hanging with a big pull string on it next to the Christmas tree and other decorations.

I pulled it and it played the song Happy Birthday to You. That surprised me as I was figuring it would play some "Christmas" song.

A bit startled I said aloud; Happy Birthday???!

It just had not connected in my own atheist mindset  the idea of Christmas and a secular Happy Birthday song.

Oh boy, embarrassing moments in life.

19 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, Reminds me of the embarrassing time, way back in my young adult and atheist days; being a  friend's home, seeing a Christmas ornament hanging with a big pull string on it next to the Christmas tree and other decorations.

I pulled it and it played the song Happy Birthday to You. That surprised me as I was figuring it would play some "Christmas" song.

It just had not connected in my own atheist mindset  the idea of Christmas and a secular Happy Birthday song.

There is a reason why I can not support your embarrassment because the truth is that Jesus Christ has a birth day just like any one of us and this is the day when he shaw the light is referring to the day he came out of the womb and experience the light for the very first time unless someone suggests that he was going in and out of the womb before the Day he was born. Jesus does have a birth day like any one of us (it does not have to be the 25 of December but we know that his mother celebrated his birth day by counting the days and months and years of his life. Like on the 8th day he had to Circumcised him and on a certain day he had to bring him to the Temple and she had to know when he was twelve years old or the age that they had to celebrate his induction to the Jewish Religious Law and required from him to keep the tenants in the Law...He does have a Birth Day and is not forbidden to celebrate anyone's birthday when they are alive or at any time after that when we say if this person was still alive he would have been this years old.

Edited by Your closest friendnt

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, Reminds me of the embarrassing time, way back in my young adult and atheist days; being at a  friend's home, seeing a Christmas ornament hanging with a big pull string on it next to the Christmas tree and other decorations.

@Neighbor By God's grace we live and we learn............. :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, farouk said:

Yep, and considering the doctrine of the trinity, and the divinity of Christ, The Son, it emphasized his eternal nature as the person of the son He existed before he took on humanity. In that aspect it is really wonderful.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Anne2 said:

Yep, and considering the doctrine of the trinity, and the divinity of Christ, The Son, it emphasized his eternal nature as the person of the son He existed before he took on humanity. In that aspect it is really wonderful.

@Anne2 "Veiled in flesh the Godhead see,
  Hail th’ incarnate Deity!
Pleased as man with man to dwell,
  Jesus our Immanuel."

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, farouk said:

@Anne2 "Veiled in flesh the Godhead see,
  Hail th’ incarnate Deity!
Pleased as man with man to dwell,
  Jesus our Immanuel."

Amen farouk. And yes, we find that in scripture as an essential doctrine of Salvation.

• Thumbs Up 1

By faith we are in principle united - as one has said - with those who are in "a greater light, and upon another shore, whose hope was in the Word made flesh".

• Thumbs Up 1