IGNORED

Should Christmas be celebrated or rejected according to the word of God?

Bro.Tan

Guest AFlameOfFire

It's like this

Santa=

(use some word scrabble skills)

=Satan

= Red Ho Ho dragon in the flesh with a white beard and a bell

"All these things I will give to you" if you just sit on my lap and tell me what it is you want :laugh:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,137
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

"Santa" means "saint" in Español. 

Red is a naturally-ocurring color in God's creation. 

:rolleyes:

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest AFlameOfFire

What does it mean in EVERY language?

It means ALL THE WORLDLY THINGS YOU DESIRE :laugh:

He is a lie, does not exist, he is a figment of ones imagination, folklore, fable, something dreamed up.

It is funny every year to see people get so serious on these threads, sometimes you can only hold out for so long before saying "something".

I would never defend the fiction of a lie, only Jesus (who is the truth)

2 hours ago, AFlameOfFire said:

What does it mean in EVERY language?

It means ALL THE WORLDLY THINGS YOU DESIRE :laugh:

He is a lie, does not exist, he is a figment of ones imagination, folklore, fable, something dreamed up.

It is funny every year to see people get so serious on these threads, sometimes you can only hold out for so long before saying "something".

I would never defend the fiction of a lie, only Jesus (who is the truth)

Fictional characters aren't the topic of discussion. Besides, the origin of today's Santa Claus is simple enough to discover: a late 19th century mercantile marketing gimmick to entice customers to spend money at their establishments. No one wants to be a Scrooge, eh?

If someone wishes to discuss the greed of merchants, I would suggest starting a different topic. This one appears to be about accusing others of things they neither believe nor do.

Who is the accuser? 

Guest AFlameOfFire
8 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

Fictional characters aren't the topic of discussion. Besides, the origin of today's Santa Claus is simple enough to discover: a late 19th century mercantile marketing gimmick to entice customers to spend money at their establishments. No one wants to be a Scrooge, eh?

If someone wishes to discuss the greed of merchants, I would suggest starting a different topic. This one appears to be about accusing others of things they neither believe nor do.

Who is the accuser? 

So I made a little joke about the fictional Santa on a  Christmas thread to lighten things up and you seem to miss the joke, and moved in to defend the fiction for whatever reason and end it by asking me who the accuser is?

That's odd

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.62
  • Days Won:  0

Since the Bible doesn't say one way or the other whether we should celebrate Christmas, no one can actually say that it's 100% right or wrong. To make the claim or tell others with certainty that it is right or wrong is to try to play God and put words in his mouth. However we can make inferences from scripture and spend time in prayer over the subject. However I think it important to state that the holidays of Christmas and Easter have become a major stumbling block for many Christians. Personally I believe it is completely 100% okay for me to celebrate Christmas. The origins of the holiday are completely irrelevant. I celebrate Christmas as the birthday of Jesus. Whether or not he was born on that day is irrelevant, it is the day that I choose to celebrate his birth. Scripture tells us that God examines the thoughts and intents of the heart, and that some choose to esteem certain days over others. There does not appear to be a Prohibition of creating holidays that you wish to celebrate. For those who choose not to celebrate certain holidays that is a matter for them to discuss with God, and vice versa for those who believe that they should celebrate holidays. Ultimately it is a matter between you and God and no one, especially a follower of God has any right to pass judgment on you for something that God has either told you is right or wrong for your situation. I have prayed about it and my conscience is clean, therefore I will always celebrate Christmas, while keeping Jesus at the center of it, and there is not an argument on Earth they could possibly change my mind on the issue.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,405
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

9 hours ago, Marathoner said:

The numbers we use are Hindu-Arabic in origin, credited to two Middle-Eastern mathematicians. They were pagans.

The alphabet we are using on this forum has it's origins with the Phoenicians. They were Philistines and pagans.

The New Testament was written in Koine Greek, a language of pagans. 

Another thing I'll point out is that the meanings of things changes over time. There was a time when if you said someone was gay everyone would think you meant the person was joyful, not homosexual. Anything pagan about Christmas has long since been stripped away. There's not any real battle going on to repaganize Christmas, but there is one going on as the world tries to strip the day of Christian meaning by forcing people to take down nativity scenes and other explicitly Christian elements.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,675
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

Hi, :)

I havent read any of the posts!! So sorry..:) love you all..

To me if Christmas goes tge world loses the birth of our Savior... It is a great time to spread His Word ... I dont want to imagine the world eithout Christmas.. To me that will be the beginning of sorrows.. 

Mike

I love you guys

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, AnOrangeCat said:

Another thing I'll point out is that the meanings of things changes over time. There was a time when if you said someone was gay everyone would think you meant the person was joyful, not homosexual. Anything pagan about Christmas has long since been stripped away. There's not any real battle going on to repaganize Christmas, but there is one going on as the world tries to strip the day of Christian meaning by forcing people to take down nativity scenes and other explicitly Christian elements.

Indeed. Those who dabble with witchcraft have always had their rituals and observances, none of which bear any resemblance to the trappings of modern holidays. As I mentioned above, the objective aspect at work today is the greed of merchants who use holiday traditions to their advantage. That's true in this world holidays or not.

We don't speak nor write in subjection to pagans. We don't keep a calendar to honor pagans either. That doesn't prevent some from making much ado over nothing. I've heard about the "Christmas is evil!" topics here on Worthy... I suppose this is my chance to participate in one. :laugh:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

On 12/9/2023 at 2:21 PM, Anne2 said:

Hi bro tan

It doesn't matter. That he was to born is what matters. 

That's true, but most important is his death, not that he was born. While Jesus and His disciples were commemorating the Passover, Jesus gives His disciples a set of instructions. (Matthew 26:26) And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body. (27) And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; (28) For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. (29) But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom. 

Jesus told His disciples to eat of the bread, for that represented His body, and He told them to drink of the cup, for that represented His blood. Jesus tells them, His blood is of the new testament, and it is shed for the remission of sins. Jesus is speaking of the fact, that He will be crucified for the sins of man and we know that, it is only through the shedding of Jesus’s blood, that men can receive forgiveness for their sins. Hence Jesus became our sacrificial lamb. You 

will find in the Gospel of Luke where Jesus told them to partake in this meal in remembrance of Him. 

(Luke 22:19) And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.