IGNORED

Should Christmas be celebrated or rejected according to the word of God?

Bro.Tan

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Jesus before his death on the Cross he spoke about the things that were about to come. And the disciples later understood that when Jesus died on the Cross, the Lamb of God Slain for the sins of the world shed the blood of the New Covenant. Jesus shed the blood of the New Covenant for the whole world. Unlikely when the Sinai Covenant was given to the Israelites in the dessert which included the Covenant of Cirumcision. That time the existing Covenant of Cirumcision was codified in  the Sinai Covenant.  The Law as in the book of Leviticus was to be kept only from the Circumcised Israelites only, and those who the Law allowed to joint the Israelites. Only the Circumcised Israelites were to participate in the celebrations of their religious Calendar according to the Law and the cleansing ceremonies. 

Only Circumcised Israelites or those who joint them in the Sinai Covenant were allowed to participate in the yearly Atonement according to the book of Leviticus. 

God excluded the Keeping of the Law in the New Covenant by not including the Covenant of Cirumcision. And by doing that he was able to join to Jesus Christ all the Israelites who were not Circumcised and all the Gentiles procylites or not who were not Circumcised. In this way God made Jesus Christ the Savior for all the people of the world which included all people who ever lived, which included all who had died before him. This is the only way to make it possible for Jesus Christ to be the Savior to die for the sins of all the people of the world. Because God included in Jesus Christ all Gentiles who had died before Jesus and to whom Jesus preached the Good News forgiveness of sins in his name and it was not possible for them to be Circumcised because they were in the Spirit. So every one is saved by having the forgiveness of his sins in the same way by believing in Jesus Christ. Every one is saved in the same way by believing in Jesus Christ who died for the forgiveness of the sins of the whole world for anyone who believes in him. And every one is saved in the same way, when he is included in Jesus Christ by believing in him without their good works, in the same way as those who believe in the preaching of Jesus when Jesus preached to them in the place of the dead and as they were in the Spirit Jesus saved them or forgave their sins without works for it was impossible for them to do any good work as they were not in their body or as they were died and were without it in the place of the dead. They were saved and has their sins forgiven by faith in Jesus Christ without their good works and so we are saved and our sins are forgiven before we do any good works. Definitely they were without keeping the Law of Moses. Or participating in the things of the Law of Moses in any way at all. 

HI there.....you didn't quoted any scriptures or verses, but you believe all that you wrote. Jesus brought grace when he came in the flesh, but example of grace was in the days of Noah. But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD. (Genesis 6:8), And Noah and his family was saved. Just as you freely accepted Jesus in your life you can also freely choose to stop serving him. Jesus said with his own mouth; (Matt. 24:13) But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. That is until the end of your life, or until the Second Coming of the Lord.

Now Paul said in (Rom. 3:23-25) (v.23) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. (v.24) Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: (v.25) Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God.

So the bible tells you to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts 2 :36-38). And by doing so you come up under his precious blood and then you are saved from your sins that are past, not present or future sins but for sins that are past. We were all locked under death by Adam’s sin, even the second death. But when Jesus became (he was God in the beginning) man and died for the sins of the world, he gave us access back to the tree of life (himself) which Adam had caused us to lose. That’s what grace is, our free gift our access back to the tree of life but that’s another lesson for another time.

So by coming under the blood of Jesus you are saved from your past sins. And if you are saved now, it is on a day to day basis. Because for all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God (Romans 23:3), and if you continue to live you will sin again. It is the willful sinning that you need to put in check. For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. (Hebrew 10: 26, 27)

In the scriptures it's written in Isaiah 56: Thus saith the LORD, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed. Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil.

Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, The LORD hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree. For thus saith the LORD unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant; even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.
Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant; even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,675
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

On 12/16/2023 at 12:06 AM, Your closest friendnt said:

This man who was from God, God has glorify in the Heavens and he has given to him all his Theotis and all Power and Dominion in Heaven and on Earth and in all things under the earth and Heaven it's his, His Inheritance from God the Father and not only for him as not to be lonely but also he made his children, everyone who believes in him co-heir of Heaven together with him. The glorious Jesus Christ who opened the way to Heaven for humanity for everyone who believes in him by dieing on the Cross for the forgiveness of the sins of the whole world. So we know our what is our Inheritance after our physical death when we shed off this earthly tabernacle, it is with Jesus Christ to our Heavenly Inheritance in his name. In the name of the Slain Lamb of God who died for the Atonement of our sins. And now is in Heaven and God made him Lord and the Judge of all people of the world. Believers in Jesus Christ do not be afraid that time Jesus will welcome you to your Heavenly Inheritance which is waiting for you and your family. 

Wow i like

Thanks

Mike

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Allow  me to once again suggest  it is a great time to celebrate humbly remembrance Resurrection Sunday the mission of The Son Yeshua who willingly sacrificed himself for us.

To me it is great folly to celebrate a plastic blow up Snoopy Dog cartoon character.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.37
  • Content Count:  3,427
  • Content Per Day:  6.24
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

38 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Allow  me to once again suggest  it is a great time to celebrate humbly remembrance Resurrection Sunday the mission of The Son Yeshua who willingly sacrificed himself for us.

To me it is great folly to celebrate a plastic blow up Snoopy Dog cartoon character.

Agreed! For the nonbeliever, it is just a time to have warm fuzzy feelings about memories of getting gifts and seeing grandma, with some carols and mention of an important child being born mixed in, so they celebrate accordingly. To those who are regenerated, it is another time to be thankful regarding the beginning of Christ's loving work - His incarnation.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

Agreed! For the nonbeliever, it is just a time to have warm fuzzy feelings about memories of getting gifts and seeing grandma, with some carols and mention of an important child being born mixed in, so they celebrate accordingly. To those who are regenerated, it is another time to be thankful regarding the beginning of Christ's loving work - His incarnation.

Hi and Merry Christmas! Merry  for the remembrance of our Lord's sacrificial work, his mission and ministry for our benefit.

I am becoming more and more convinced that the USA has transitioned from a post Christian society, to an actively antichristian society; that the blow up plastic Snoopys and the twenty foot tall candy canes and Snow White and seven Dwarfs in yards are a very direct repudiation of Our Lord Jesus.

I now see it as more than just a secularization of a Holy Remembrance. It has transitioned to a more very direct insult to what Is Holy, our Lord and savior Jesus.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.37
  • Content Count:  3,427
  • Content Per Day:  6.24
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

6 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hi and Merry Christmas! Merry  for the remembrance of our Lord's sacrificial work, his mission and ministry for our benefit.

I am becoming more and more convinced that the USA has transitioned from a post Christian society, to an actively antichristian society; that the blow up plastic Snoopys and the twenty foot tall candy canes and Snow White and seven Dwarfs in yards are a very direct repudiation of Our Lord Jesus.

I now see it as more than just a secularization of a Holy Remembrance. It has transitioned to a more very direct insult to what Is Holy, our Lord and savior Jesus.

"Happy Incarnation Day!" to try and bring that fact to people's remembrance. Yours is an interesting/insightful take, and I don't disagree . . .

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

"Happy Incarnation Day!"

Love that salute!

However I am lately being influenced by a presentation that we Christians, need avoid speaking Christianese when reaching out to the unsaved among us. The idea there being we need to infiltrate them using their language first, also live among  them and happily work alongside them, not put up walls that separate us  in a manner that prevents them hearing of our message the gospel of Jesus.

And yes it s once again a reveal to me that has come through a message at a Calvary Chapel worship service. from a missionary  led to be at Kenya for decades training up local pastors in the word of God. He has a pretty interesting take on how the world is dramatically shifting about regarding Christianity, with the USA having become now antichristian.

• Loved it! 1
  • Interesting! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42

9 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Love that salute!

However I am lately being influenced by a presentation that we Christians, need avoid speaking Christianese when reaching out to the unsaved among us. The idea there being we need to infiltrate them using their language first, also live among  them and happily work alongside them, not put up walls that separate us  in a manner that prevents them hearing of our message the gospel of Jesus.

And yes it s once again a reveal to me that has come through a message at a Calvary Chapel worship service. from a missionary  led to be at Kenya for decades training up local pastors in the word of God. He has a pretty interesting take on how the world is dramatically shifting about regarding Christianity, with the USA having become now antichristian.

There is something to be avoided at any cost. On one end there are Christians who also put up snoopies and candy canes to make their children happy, (about things they recognize and makes them happy), but on the Christmas celebration they sing the Christmas carols "o holy night" one of them and "NIGHT DEVINE". 

• Interesting! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Agree everyone must make their own decision regarding Christmas, however we must be honest also. Christian means a follower of Christ.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42

33 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

"Happy Incarnation Day!" to try and bring that fact to people's remembrance. Yours is an interesting/insightful take, and I don't disagree . . .

There is something like a culture within the believers of Jesus Christ to somehow relentlessly seeking to find a way to paint over some of the key words of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Christmas is about the birth of Christ the Messiah of God. It is about the man God had promised to come. The people about the time when Jesus was born they were very hot that will happen in their time and they were looking forwards to meet the man God promised to be born. They were waiting for a man born from one of their own young women and by default were looking for a man born or the first born from a young woman. Even those who were not devoted to their Jewish religion were looking forwards to the promise Man from God to be born and we see that Herod seek to kill that promised man after he was born. 

To substitute the words given to us from God with other intelligent words often if not all the time it is an insult to the Gospel. 

Christmas is to celebrate that the Man whom God promised to come, he came was born a little more than two thousand years ago. This important to give the message to some group of people to question what they believe and who are still waiting for Him to be born. (Some of them erroneously they are waiting for a mature man to come from Heaven, in contrast to the people at the time of Jesus Christ who believe that he will be born from one of their young woman.)

Christmas is about Jesus Christ the promised one from God that he has come two thousand years ago and that he is the same one who died on the Cross and whom God raised from the dead and who was ascended into Heaven taken up to the Heavenly Father who declared him as the Christ to come by giving him the Throne and giving him the Heavens as his Inheritance. Giving to a man the Heaven as his Inheritance and to the rest of mankind to follow. Jesus who opened the Heaven for mankind. A man inherited Heaven and open Heaven for mankind to follow in his name, to anyone who believes in him. 

You do not get all this by substituting the Man Jesus Christ with "Incarnation" which it does not do a service to the Christian faith but some how and it should be for the inner circle to discuss the things of Christ Jesus that we also can be part of the Heavenly Kingdom as men like Jesus Christ because like him we are partakers of his Spirit by believing in him that he died on the Cross for our sins, having our sins forgiven in him the promised Slain Lamb of God. And we partake of the Spirit of Jesus Christ or born from above from God in Spirit as men. Just like Jesus who as a man was born having the Spirit of God the Heavenly Father and for that reason we are qualified to enter Heaven in his name. 

To be more precise Jesus had the Spirit of God before the day he was born even while in the womb from the day the egg in Mary's womb got fertilize and began to grow a man in everything like us. Born in Bethleem from a young maiden a virgin her first born it comes for the word virgin..not from a man but given to us from God. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Interesting! 1