IGNORED

Should Christmas be celebrated or rejected according to the word of God?

Bro.Tan

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,871
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

25 minutes ago, Know Jah said:

Agree everyone must make their own decision regarding Christmas, however we must be honest also. Christian means a follower of Christ.

You should consider the difference between the disciples of Jesus Christ and the rest of others who believe in him but they did not follow him in the way the disciples did. 

Saying those who have the Spirit of Jesus Christ to include everyone who believes in him. 

Please bring forth your objection if there is one to clarify this matter. 

Every one who calls upon his name. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  290
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

If I can try to clarify. 1 Peter 2:21 states Jesus left a model for his followers, therefore as Christians we try to do what Jesus would do. My assessment is I don't think Jesus would celebrate a holiday that's rooted in Pagan and not his birthday anyway.  I think if he wanted us to celebrate it, we would have some indication in the bible. Actually the only birthdays in the word is of non believers. True there are those that "claim" to believe yet their actions speaks different. James 2:19 states even the demons believe??

7 hours ago, Know Jah said:

If I can try to clarify. 1 Peter 2:21 states Jesus left a model for his followers, therefore as Christians we try to do what Jesus would do. My assessment is I don't think Jesus would celebrate a holiday that's rooted in Pagan and not his birthday anyway.  I think if he wanted us to celebrate it, we would have some indication in the bible. Actually the only birthdays in the word is of non believers. True there are those that "claim" to believe yet their actions speaks different. James 2:19 states even the demons believe??

I am in a position to comment on the points, the issues at hand made in your post. And there good points which can be discussed. 

The last sentence in your post is copy and paste below in parentheses. 

"(James 2:19 states even the demons believe??)"

In deed we can find those words in the bible as part of the book of James in 2:19 (you did not post the version and I cannot refer to the bible version) (next time if you know the version if you think to post it but as you think and if you remember it) 

Back to James. The book of James as the reference to James 2:19 it does have a context to give the meaning of those words at hand "even the demons believe". Let's take a look at James 2:19 copy and paste from the KJV for no particular reason.  "Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble." And let's look at other transactions 

New International Version
You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

New Living Translation
You say you have faith, for you believe that there is one God. Good for you! Even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror.

English Standard Version
You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder!

Berean Standard Bible
You believe that God is one. Good for you! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

Doing the search I did not find a bible version that list James 2:19 in what you posted "even the demons believe ??". 

verse 2:19 as you posted is not in the bible in the book of James. I posted a few version to prove that as it is in your post is not from James 2:19. Notice is taken that those words or similar words can be found in v.19 but this is not the verse in James 2:19. The question at hand also is what James intended to say with including this verse in chapter two? 

James says that the Demons or the Devils believe in something that they believe that there is one God. (With this statement James is telling us what the Devils believe which is the same as he James believe and the people in his congregation believe and what the other disciples of Jesus Christ believe because they must be in agreement with that fantametal belief. James also said that the Devils treble or that they know that they are under the judgment of the one God. 

Jane's with these words he intended to say to some of the believers in his congregation also believe that God is the one who judges all the people of the world and that the Devils also are afraid of his judgment but James is telling to some people in his congregation who are not doing the right thing that they are not afraid of God's judgment...by saying that the Devils are afraid of his judgment but they are not afraid and that they should be, wanting them to stop doing the wrong things and turn and do the right things.

Do you understand James 2:19 to intended to give another message, please specify. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,671
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

While I do appreciate the distinctive word incarnation, I do remember conversations with a grand man a bit of a mentor to me that was a Hebrew scholar, and had a very strong ministry to Jews within the USA.

I once used the word incarnation while chatting with him.  He cautioned me that was a very quick way to get  a Jew to tune out from hearing anything further from me from that word on. He was a gentle giant, sure miss his kind nature along with his willingness to address so many of my own questions and errors.

Recently I have been deeply impressed with the concept that I not try to reach out to the "world" in Christianese language terms, and instead infiltrate, building long term relationship using the language of the culture I may be within as I share of my Lord and savior. It is a bit of  a new to me concept in "pioneer" missionary ministry. - That too being a term I would not use outside of conversation with Christians that are also trying to reach the as yet unsaved individuals of the cultures we each individually find ourselves led into by God.

Relationships take time, much time, it isn't a one week trip or retreat from Christian enclave surrounds. Patience, though a virtue it may be, is also  hard work, slow deliberate  and also very hard. 

• This is Worthy 1

On 12/5/2023 at 8:46 AM, farouk said:

The deeper matter is: Is the Incarnation of the Lord Jesus Christ important?

John 1.14: "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."

Hi,

I suggest that every incarnation of Yeshua is important.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  71
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

2 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Recently I have been deeply impressed with the concept that I not try to reach out to the "world" in Christianese language terms, and instead infiltrate, building long term relationship using the language of the culture I may be within as I share of my Lord and savior. It is a bit of  a new to me concept in "pioneer" missionary ministry.

Totally agree, though I admit I'm having some wry fun here when I say: Would you avoid analogies when you use "the language of the culture"? Using the word "pioneer" describes a concept via analogy. ;-)

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  431
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  08/31/1950

thank you for our posts, i found it refreshing to get a clear oversite.

bless.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  431
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  08/31/1950

5 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I am in a position to comment on the points, the issues at hand made in your post. And there good points which can be discussed. 

The last sentence in your post is copy and paste below in parentheses. 

"(James 2:19 states even the demons believe??)"

In deed we can find those words in the bible as part of the book of James in 2:19 (you did not post the version and I cannot refer to the bible version) (next time if you know the version if you think to post it but as you think and if you remember it) 

Back to James. The book of James as the reference to James 2:19 it does have a context to give the meaning of those words at hand "even the demons believe". Let's take a look at James 2:19 copy and paste from the KJV for no particular reason.  "Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble." And let's look at other transactions 

New International Version
You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

New Living Translation
You say you have faith, for you believe that there is one God. Good for you! Even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror.

English Standard Version
You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder!

Berean Standard Bible
You believe that God is one. Good for you! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

Doing the search I did not find a bible version that list James 2:19 in what you posted "even the demons believe ??". 

verse 2:19 as you posted is not in the bible in the book of James. I posted a few version to prove that as it is in your post is not from James 2:19. Notice is taken that those words or similar words can be found in v.19 but this is not the verse in James 2:19. The question at hand also is what James intended to say with including this verse in chapter two? 

James says that the Demons or the Devils believe in something that they believe that there is one God. (With this statement James is telling us what the Devils believe which is the same as he James believe and the people in his congregation believe and what the other disciples of Jesus Christ believe because they must be in agreement with that fantametal belief. James also said that the Devils treble or that they know that they are under the judgment of the one God. 

Jane's with these words he intended to say to some of the believers in his conversation who also believe in that God is the one who judges all the people of the world and that the Devils also are afraid of his judgment but James is telling to some people in his congregation who are not doing the right thing that they are not afraid of God's judgment...by saying that the Devils are afraid of his judgment but they are not afraid and that they should be, wanting them to stop doing the wrong things and turn and do the right things.

Do you understand James 2:19 to intended to give another message, please specify. 

oops, i think i made a mistake.my last post was directed at you. thank you for your posts.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Yes, and said:

Totally agree, though I admit I'm having some wry fun here when I say: Would you avoid analogies when you use "the language of the culture"? Using the word "pioneer" describes a concept via analogy. ;-)

Hi, Funny one!

To answer; I will hopefully not make up any analogy of my own. 

Nor hopefully will I use Christian speak terms many of which if not all, are not in the Bible. I can share of my Lord Yeshua without them.

Is it perhaps most apt  to share of  a God inspired metaphor,  poem,  or analogy, that is within the Bible by quoting  it directly and discussing it? Sure! I just do not want myself to try to get clever and end up making the serious presentation of the word of God into a fallacious  jingle .

I also suggest Pioneer is not a term one would use when  addressing an unsaved individual about Yeshua nor Christianity in general.

Among those in training for missionary work that will be different for Pioneer describes a task or mission, one of three very different tasks  with unique approaches and methodology (None of them being an analogy); Explorers, Pioneers, and Settlers.

As I have stated elsewhere here, I am kind of transitioning in my own thinking as I am exposed to new to me advice and guidance  in such matters.

I will rather learn how to reach out, even in my old age, rather than keep batting my head against a wall with terms that turn off non Christians.

Maybe an old dog will learn  something new to him. If it turns out to be that better tool to use and helps reach someone I'll sure give it a try.

• Praise God! 1

On 12/22/2023 at 10:11 AM, Vine Abider said:

"Happy Incarnation Day!" to try and bring that fact to people's remembrance. Yours is an interesting/insightful take, and I don't disagree . . .

For sure I do not like what I read "Happy Incarnation Day". If it was not said at Christmas and by someone who studies the scriptures, I would think this was spoken by someone who selebrates a religious day, of some far east ancient religion. 

What are your thoughts when you use this greeting "Happy Incarnation Day"? That makes me question that it is possible those words which are not anywhere spoken by the disciples of Jesus and are not in the bible. And by default those words are not spoken by Jesus and the Holy Spirit. Please your thoughts which compel you to post "Happy Incarnation Day".

Edited by Your closest friendnt