IGNORED

Should Christmas be celebrated or rejected according to the word of God?

Bro.Tan

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  1.49
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/9/2023 at 5:01 PM, Marathoner said:

"Santa" means "saint" in Español. 

Red is a naturally-ocurring color in God's creation. 

:rolleyes:

Yep it does. After a real person Saint Nicholas. His story is kind of nice. But so over the top in modern Christmas lore.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,431
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

16 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

@Vine Abider , I am sorry it has nothing to do with you, and it never had to do anything with you from the beginning but I have some siblings who talk about that like they are very proud and I have tried to make them use the words used in the bible when specifically are talking about Jesus and when they give to people the scripture they are referring to they can find those words in the scriptures and all is good. This is one of the things I wanted to bring forwards. And the other is that some lately are substituting words from the dictionary to bring forth another meaning than the meaning the author of the scripture intended to. My apologies you are a well respected and beloved brother and you always will be. I have nothing to say about this anymore only is better far better if we used the bless words found in the scriptures. 

That's fine bro. I don't think there is anything wrong with using the word "incarnation," however you do . . . we all do have our preferences, but what's important is that we're drinking from the same/one Spirit!

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,400
  • Content Per Day:  12.14
  • Days Won:  31

On 12/24/2023 at 12:50 AM, Anne2 said:

Yep it does. After a real person Saint Nicholas. His story is kind of nice. But so over the top in modern Christmas lore.

@Anne2 It's interesting that in French Saint Nicolas is the equivalent of Santa Claus.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,400
  • Content Per Day:  12.14
  • Days Won:  31

On 12/23/2023 at 2:16 PM, Anne2 said:

Amen farouk. And yes, we find that in scripture as an essential doctrine of Salvation.

@Anne2 Here's another good one which I really like; very Scriptural:

"Of the Father’s love begotten,
ere the worlds began to be,
He is Alpha and Omega,
He the Source, the Ending He,
of the things that are, that have been,
and that future years shall see
evermore and evermore!"

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

“Tis the season to be jolly.” Peace on Earth and Goodwill to all men. These are sayings associated with Christmas, the day that Jesus the Christ was born; or was it? Certainly this could be a description of Christmas. Celebrations such as these were taking place among non-Christians centuries before Jesus Christ was born! Such customs do not come from the Bible. They have nothing to do with the birth of Jesus Christ. Jesus did not originate them, nor were they observed by the prophets (Old Testament) or the apostles (New Testament). 

Peace on Earth and Goodwill to all men. Why, because we feed and shelter the less fortunate on this one day called Christmas? Shouldn't we care for the less fortunate all year long? Retailers increase the prices on merchandise, to try to recover from poor sales from the 1st three-quarters of the fiscal year.

Jesus says in Matthew 10: 34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. 35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. 36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. 37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. 39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

"Hear ye the word which the LORD speaketh unto you, O house of Israel: Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them. For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe. They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers that it move not. They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good. 

But they are altogether brutish and foolish: the stock is a doctrine of vanities. Silver spread into plates is brought from Tarshish, and gold from Uphaz, the work of the workman, and of the hands of the founder: blue and purple is their clothing: they are all the work of cunning men. But the LORD is the true God; he is the living God, and an everlasting king: at his wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation. Thus shall ye say unto them, the gods that have not made the heavens and the earth, even they shall perish from the earth, and from under these heavens. (Jeremiah 10th Chapter)

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

22 minutes ago, Bro.Tan said:

“Tis the season to be jolly.” Peace on Earth and Goodwill to all men.

Well, thank you Bro Tan. I knew you would come around....:)
Have a blessed enjoyment of celebrating our Father's gift to us, Lord Jesus.
Each and every day of your life. You are blessed...

(hope this is kosher:)

• This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

On 12/26/2023 at 11:38 AM, Sower said:

Well, thank you Bro Tan. I knew you would come around....:)
Have a blessed enjoyment of celebrating our Father's gift to us, Lord Jesus.
Each and every day of your life. You are blessed...

(hope this is kosher:)

Would of been more truthful if you post the rest of what I said. Like Paul says in 1 Peter 2: 12 having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation. 

17 Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.
18 Servants, be subject to your masters with all fear; not only to the good and gentle, but also to the froward. 19 For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully. 20 For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Bro.Tan said:

Would of been more truthful if you post the rest of what I said. Like Paul says in 1 Peter 2: 12 having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation. 

"more truthful if you post the rest of what I said"

Your reply was more than forty lines long. I read your first words and decided how cool it would be to respond in kind to those. Didn't know you were actually being sarcastic. I did not read the rest of it, nor even consider as you have been given many scriptures already to think about.

“Tis the season to be jolly.” Peace on Earth and Goodwill to all men.

I honestly thought we might have shared a little peace, brother, not confrontation.

I bow out, conceding, you won. And Goodwill to all men...default_cool2.gif.6936d34ea61a814502e11ba001739aca.gif

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,854
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, Bro.Tan said:

17 Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.
18 Servants, be subject to your masters with all fear; not only to the good and gentle, but also to the froward. 19 For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully. 20 For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.

Jesus is not bother what the people of different religions are doing or what they were doing in the past on that day. And why would he bother? With the same mouth they worship the Idols in the past and with the same mouth they are worshiping him. This is to his glory. The one who would bother is the Idol God whom they were worshiping on that day in the past and whom they do not worshiping now. On that day and on any other day of the year. He is the one to complain. Turn on the radio and the TV on Christmas eve and Christmas day and you will hear all the blessed Christmas songs from O' Holy night when Christ was born to a lot of other Christian songs and a few songs about Santa Clause who gives gifts to children that create good memories in them. Jesus does not mind. He is asking anyone to believe in him as they are without any prejudice to anyone. He is asking those who play the Santa Clause to believe if they do not believe. Do not kill the Santa Claus. We need him to bring joy to people and the children and remember if we did not have Jesus and saint Nicolas and other Christian who did good things to people and the children on that day we would not have Santa Claus. This day out of all the other days of the year joy should fulfill our hearts. Even Jesus said that Moses knew of his day and he rejoice. And whether someone wants to say that Jesus gives us the gift of the Eternal Life just by believing without having any money just like Santa who gives gifts to all no mater who they are and with the help of other people in the same way Jesus Christ gives the gift of the Eternal Life with our help when we proclaim the Gospel to others. It does not matter if we make parallels all the time to excuse what we do having to make this day a joyful day to remember. Good will to all men. Let the other people from all other religions participate in the Christmas holidays in their own way which means that the hear about the birth of Jesus Christ and a lot of other things about Jesus Christ and the Gospel. What is your take on that matter well suit your self. But you keep talking about Jesus just like he was any other religious man and why do not say something about how he was born making some reference about that even if it is in your mind and if you celebrate his birth in some other way or some other time. Unless you do not like what you are reading in the Gospel of Luke...we also celebrate for the Jews to know that the Christ was born 2000 years ago who in their beliefs they are still waiting for him to be born this is what the prophetic in their scripture says. That the Christ will be born from a Jewish maiden not married yet and before knowing any man. That's what the Jews at that time believed and teach this is why Mary said that my heart rejoice to hear that I am chosen to be the mother of the promise Christ the promised one as in the book of Moses and in the prophets as in Esaiah and Micah and the others. Merry Christmas to you and if you do not celebrate Christmas on that day then perhaps you celebrate Christmas or the birth of our Savior on another day perhaps on the 7th of January together with the Greek orthodox church or the orthodox believers in eastern Europe or with the Coptic Christians. or together with the monks who keep the Christmas strictly spiritual celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ with fasting and praying and their Calendar has nothing to do with our Calendar and some of them they have inserted a new day that it was not in the Pagan Calendar the Calendar which we continued to have the Roman Calendar.  In many other Countries of the world they did not celebrate the Roman or Egyptians Gods on that day or the Ancient Gods of other people. Jesus took people out of all the ancient religions of the world he conquer all those other powers...those are the ones to complain who lost their worshipers. Perhaps you should consider to talk more about how the Pagans who worship other Gods for generations turn around and start worshiping Jesus and they make a Statement on the day they were worshiping the Idols to worship Jesus to the dismay of their Gods and their followers and to the Glory of Jesus Christ. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt

18 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Jesus is not bother what the people of different religions are doing or what they were doing in the past on that day. And why would he bother? With the same mouth they worship the Idols in the past and with the same mouth they are worshiping him. This is to his glory. The one who would bother is the Idol God whom they were worshiping on that day in the past and whom they do not worshiping now. On that day and on any other day of the year. He is the one to complain. Turn on the radio and the TV on Christmas eve and Christmas day and you will hear all the blessed Christmas songs from O' Holy night when Christ was born to a lot of other Christian songs and a few songs about Santa Clause who gives gifts to children that create good memories in them. Jesus does not mind. He is asking anyone to believe in him as they are without any prejudice to anyone. He is asking those who play the Santa Clause to believe if they do not believe. Do not kill the Santa Claus. We need him to bring joy to people and the children and remember if we did not have Jesus and saint Nicolas and other Christian who did good things to people and the children on that day we would not have Santa Claus. This day out of all the other days of the year joy should fulfill our hearts. Even Jesus said that Moses knew of his day and he rejoice. And whether someone wants to say that Jesus gives us the gift of the Eternal Life just by believing without having any money just like Santa who gives gifts to all no mater who they are and with the help of other people in the same way Jesus Christ gives the gift of the Eternal Life with our help when we proclaim the Gospel to others. It does not matter if we make parallels all the time to excuse what we do having to make this day a joyful day to remember. Good will to all men. Let the other people from all other religions participate in the Christmas holidays in their own way which means that the hear about the birth of Jesus Christ and a lot of other things about Jesus Christ and the Gospel. What is your take on that matter well suit your self. But you keep talking about Jesus just like he was any other religious man and why do not say something about how he was born making some reference about that even if it is in your mind and if you celebrate his birth in some other way or some other time. Unless you do not like what you are reading in the Gospel of Luke...we also celebrate for the Jews to know that the Christ was born 2000 years ago who in their beliefs they are still waiting for him to be born this is what the prophetic in their scripture says. That the Christ will be born from a Jewish maiden not married yet and before knowing any man. That's what the Jews at that time believed and teach this is why Mary said that my heart rejoice to hear that I am chosen to be the mother of the promise Christ the promised one as in the book of Moses and in the prophets as in Esaiah and Micah and the others. Merry Christmas to you and if you do not celebrate Christmas on that day then perhaps you celebrate Christmas or the birth of our Savior on another day perhaps on the 7th of January together with the Greek orthodox church or the orthodox believers in eastern Europe or with the Coptic Christians. or together with the monks who keep the Christmas strictly spiritual celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ with fasting and praying and their Calendar has nothing to do with our Calendar and some of them they have inserted a new day that it was not in the Pagan Calendar the Calendar which we continued to have the Roman Calendar.  In many other Countries of the world they did not celebrate the Roman or Egyptians Gods on that day or the Ancient Gods of other people. Jesus took people out of all the ancient religions of the world he conquer all those other powers...those are the ones to complain who lost their worshipers. Perhaps you should consider to talk more about how the Pagans who worship other Gods for generations turn around and start worshiping Jesus and they make a Statement on the day they were worshiping the Idols to worship Jesus to the dismay of their Gods and their followers and to the Glory of Jesus Christ. 

Jesus says in John 7:24  Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment. Pay attention what's being said hear in  John 7:51 Doth our law judge any man, before it hear him, and know what he doeth?  If one really read the Bible you would know that it's wrong to lie and deal with paganism. 

Didn't Jesus say in John 14:15   If ye love me, keep my commandments. Isn't it written Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy. (Exodus 20:2-5, 8)  

So you go and buy I tree or cut one down and install it in your home. Put a star on the top of it. Where are the stars? In the sky, which is called Heaven also. And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. (Genesis 1:14-16) Then you fix the tree to look good, buy gifts and put it under the tree. Every time you put a gift under that tree you bow down to it. But let's read a little about what you not suppose to be doing....

"Hear ye the word which the LORD speaketh unto you, O house of Israel: Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them. For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe. They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers that it move not. They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. (Jeremiah 10: 1-5) 

Also it’s written Daniel 5: 22 And thou his son, O Belshazzar, hast not humbled thine heart, though thou knewest all this; 23 but hast lifted up thyself against the Lord of heaven; and they have brought the vessels of his house before thee, and thou, and thy lords, thy wives, and thy concubines, have drunk wine in them; and thou hast praised the gods of silver, and gold, of brass, iron, wood, and stone, which see not, nor hear, nor know: and the God in whose hand thy breath is, and whose are all thy ways, hast thou not glorified:

Every man is brutish in his knowledge: every founder is confounded by the graven image: for his molten image is falsehood, and there is no breath in them. They are vanity, and the work of errors: in the time of their visitation they shall perish". (Jeremiah 10:1-15)