FreeGrace

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,653
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  0

I accept what the Word says.  If science agrees with that, I do accept it.

I accept it whether or not science agrees.

The Bible doesn't give years to creation, as when it occurred.

All we need to know is about when Adam lived. That is possible. For example Methuselah was his descendant and lived right up to the flood. 

All we know is that God created the heavens and earth, but the earth became an uninhabitable wasteland, and without any detail or explanation.

After the planet was made it was or became a certain way, and kept being changed till it was perfectly inhabitable and filled with life. The only time it was void and dark and with no land yet was on day one. That is called the creation of the earth and heaven. Not the re-creation. You insert that to prop up your own beliefs.

So what?  We don't know all that God included in original creation in v.1.

We do know what was not yet created or spoken into existence on day one. All the things created in the next five days!

To be clear, no humans.  God doesn't tell us whether or if angels had anything to do with the destruction of the planet.

There was no destruction you made that up. You seek to label the void and dark state of the world on day one as some mystery destruction of some pre existing planet! One where you allow that angels may have lived apparently. The plot thickens.

God didn't give any details about who or what happened.

Knowing what was NOT included on day one is all that matters.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,649
  • Content Per Day:  7.99

35 minutes ago, dad2 said:

Yes the world, for example started to exist before God planted a garden here for us.

No, the world was created complete.  There was no "start and finish" in stages as you opine.  The garden was restored along with the earth, since we know that Satan was still pre-rebellious when he was in Eden, the Garden of God.  Eek 28.

Let's look at those 2 verses, and see if your claim about "everything" is true.
Psalms 33:6

By the word of the Lord were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.

OK, it is not in this verse. This is about the heavens. Now that fits, because He created heaven and earth on day one. It also fits for day four when the sun and moon and stars were made. But this was different days and it is not 'everything'.

In verse eight it is not an all in one moment for everything verse either.

Psalms 33:9 For he spake, and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast.

In each of the six days for all that was created on those days the bible says "And God said"

So yes, He spake and it happened. But not all in one second! It was six full days and evenings. You have taken verse way out of context to support your old ages

You just can't accept the literal Hebrew which plainly speaks of destruction that God restored.  Gen 1:1 occurred at one moment.  The restoration occurred over 6 days.

Irrelevant even if it were true. The world was not all that visible on day one anyhow since there was no light yet!

Day one is a great day to apply some of those words. Including without form and void. But since no one was there to see it, why play the role of expert on the matter?

And it TOOK six days! The 'entire universe' was not here on day one either! No stars. No sun etc

No the context was IN the six days and THEN it was finished.

You have no evidence at all for your wishes.  The literal Hebrew refutes your ideas.

37 minutes ago, dad2 said:

You have believed things science said that are based on faith. You have elevated that above Scripture.

Don't get hysterical here.  I pointed out what science was basing their measurements on;  their instruments.  And all of it refutes your theories.

To say I've elevated science above Scripture is about as absurd as can be, since I've focused solely on what the literal Hebrew says, and YOU have rejected what Moses wrote by inspiration from the Holy Spirit.  You ought to be ashamed.

37 minutes ago, dad2 said:

Just be honest, we are welcome to believe what we like.

You sure are.  I choose to believe what the literal Hebrew actually SAYS.

Again, I am on the side of FACTS.  You are on the side of young earthers who reject the FACTS.

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, dad2 said:

I accept it whether or not science agrees.

I don't care what science says.  From the literal Hebrew there is a very obvious time gap between v.1 and 2, which you reject.  

All we need to know is about when Adam lived.

Correct.  Which is WHY God chose to leave out all the details of what happened between the 2 verses.  He gave us enough to know something happened, but the details would probably be used by Satan to further deceive the people and they would apply the details to humanity, when humanity hadn't even been created.

After the planet was made it was or became a certain way, and kept being changed till it was perfectly inhabitable and filled with life.

That's just another opinion.  I'm staying with the literal Hebrew.

The only time it was void and dark and with no land yet was on day one. That is called the creation of the earth and heaven. Not the re-creation. You insert that to prop up your own beliefs.

Full of opinions.

We do know what was not yet created or spoken into existence on day one. All the things created in the next five days!

Restoration.

There was no destruction you made that up.

You give me far too much credit.  I didn't create the Hebrew language, nor did I write Genesis 1.  But I have the resources to KNOW what the literal Hebrew actually says.

The Hebrew words "tobu wabohu" occur only 2 more times, and in BOTH places, the words describe the total destruction of the land.

And you think forcing "tohu wabohu" can be used to describe original creation.

You seek to label the void and dark state of the world on day one as some mystery destruction of some pre existing planet!

Wow, do you ever  have a problem of misreading what I write.  I NEVER mentioned a "pre existing planet".  If your reading skills are that bad, why should I continue this discussion since you misread what I write?

There has been only 1 earth, which God created per Gen 1:1.  Then, in v.2, "but the earth became an uninhabitable wasteland".  Same planet.

One where you allow that angels may have lived apparently. The plot thickens.

I don't "allow" anything.  Whatever happened we don't know.  Did you get that?  No details.  Did you get that?  Please pay attention.

Knowing what was NOT included on day one is all that matters.

What the literal Hebrew says is what matters, and which you reject and mock.

The problem is that you are driven by dogma and not what the Word says.  Dogma is always stubborn.

Edited by FreeGrace

No, the world was created complete.

Only after the 6 days was it finished according to God.

Don't get hysterical here.  I pointed out what science was basing their measurements on;  their instruments.  And all of it refutes your theories.

I pointed out that it is faith alone, using instruments and whatever that is involved. I can use the same instrument and reach another faith based conclusion. The only question is which faith is used to interpret.

Edited by dad2

From the literal Hebrew there is a very obvious time gap between v.1 and 2, which you reject.  

False. God gave us the six days of creation, you harp on one where no details are given and try to hammer that to fit your science beliefs.

The Hebrew words "tobu wabohu" occur only 2 more times, and in BOTH places, the words describe the total destruction of the land.

Before it was formed into land and water with light and all that He created after, it would look desolate. Big deal

There has been only 1 earth, which God created per Gen 1:1.  Then, in v.2, "but the earth became an uninhabitable wasteland".  Same planet.

It actually became inhabitable after He continued to speak things into being that way. Of course if it was already perfect and inhabitable on day one the other 5 days were not needed. But they were. We have the record and we know that record is true. We are to correct science with the bible, not correct the bible with science.

1 hour ago, dad2 said:

No, the world was created complete.

Only after the 6 days was it finished according to God.

The literal Hebrew of v.2 is clear that God performed a restoration on a destroyed earth, which took 6 days.

1 hour ago, dad2 said:

I pointed out that it is faith alone, using instruments and whatever that is involved. I can use the same instrument and reach another faith based conclusion. The only question is which faith is used to interpret.

My faith is in what the literal Hebrew, which was written by Moses, says.  Which is NOT what most English translated reflect.

5 minutes ago, FreeGrace said:

The literal Hebrew of v.2 is clear that God performed a restoration on a destroyed earth, which took 6 days.

Not even remotely close to the truth. Creation is not a restoration project from some made up mystery destruction of what He created.