IGNORED

What purpose is God carrying out during the Millennial Kingdom?

Paul River

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

How did I ignore him? Please explain.

Jesus said in the verse I quoted what he would be doing for two days before his work is complete.

Luke 13:32

He said to them, “Go tell that fox, ‘Look, I’m driving out demons and performing healings today and tomorrow, and on the third day I will complete my work.’

You do understand what a day is to the Lord ,don't you?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,052
  • Content Per Day:  3.31
  • Days Won:  0

15 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

I also see that millennium as being the Lords Sabbath.

Mathew 12:8

For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath.”

10 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

I was under the impression that Jesus would rest on the sabbath day.I mean  I still believe he would pull his donkey out of a ditch but I expected that most of his work would be finished.

He said to them, “Go tell that fox, ‘Look, I’m driving out demons and performing healings today and tomorrow, and on the third day I will complete my work.’

To date, you are the only one who has seen that the millennium is a Sabbath. Congratulations! Hebrews Chapter 3 and 4 define the Sabbath of God as; (1) Entering the Good Land, (2) having subdued God's enemy, (3) ruling it with unbending justice, (4) having Gods Abode on earth, (5) having God's Garden or Tent of meeting in place. God, in these two Chapters is angry (1) because of the 600,000 of His people who did not enter because of evil, and (2) because those who did were ejected before the Sabbath was complete. Scripture is consistent. In Adam's case it was the same.

In Adam's case the Sabbath is purposely not defined by "the evening and the morning". Adam was created last on the 6th day. That means that Adam first day was the Sabbath. Just like Hebrews 3 and 4, God had His man in place with the command to eat from the Tree of Life and subdue God's enemies. The threat that faced Adam was that "IN the day he ate from the forbidden Tree, he would die. Now, Romans 5:12-17, 6:23 and 1st Corinthians 15:21-22 all show that this death was physical. And Adam lasted 930 years before he died.

In both cases, that is, in both Sabbaths that we discuss, God's man failed just short of 1,000 years. Adam died "IN" the day he ate, and Israel were ejected from Canaan after about 900 years. Now, the Sabbath is a "DAY". If we obey 2nd Peter 1:20 and interpret scripture with scripture, and not with private thoughts, there is only one "DAY" that fits this. And it is defined as "LIKE" a day TO GOD - not man (2nd Pet.3:8). Thus, from God's point of view (and Adam's in the days when men lived over 900 years) the first Sabbath is defined by 1,000 years, and the only "day" in scripture that fits Israel's failed occupancy of Canaan is again 2nd Peter 3:8.

Then Hebrews 4 speaks of a future, or "coming" Sabbath (Heb.4:9). If the "principle of first mention" is applied, then th Sabbath fr God and men is 1,000 years. This is confirmed by the Sabbath that Israel trashed in Hebrews 3 & 4. And so we look for a third Sabbath where (1) God has His men in position, (2) God's enemy is subdued (3) the rule of iron, or unbending justice, is in place, (4) A Meeting place for God and man is available (without the serpent present). The Millennium fits all of these criteria.

The question you posed is very valid. Jesus Overcame evil in His two testings (the wilderness and Gethsemane). Jesus lived a perfect life under Law. He glorified the Father in all things. He went over and above Law to die for sinners. He overcame the gates of Hades (not "hell"). He built His Church. He judges the evil world by the Great Tribulation. He fights Armageddon. He gathers Israel. By the dawn of the Millennial reign, His WORK is finished at the judgment of the Sheep and Goats. Into the Millennium He only has to maintain it. He might have cause to "pull a steer from a crevice" or "do good". In John 5 a man had been paralyzed for 38 years. Jesus heals him. The Pharisees object because He did good on a Sabbath. Jesus answers in verse 17; "my father works and I work right up to this moment". But John 20:30-31 says that it was a "sign".

If you take the symbolism of the case the man is Israel. They are "dead" (38 was the time in the wilderness till all men of war were dead). The five porches is how the Law is divided. 5 commandments give God His due, and 5 commandments give men their due. The healing of Israel is during the millennium (Act,15:14-16). The joy of feasts is returned to them for the paralyzed cannot get to the feasting hall. Hebrews 4 does not say that there is a future Sabbath of Law. It says that the Sabbath "is for the people of God".

The Millennium is Israel's joy. It is the time of the fulfillment of the positive prophecies. Truly, Messiah is Lord of the Sabbath.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,049
  • Content Per Day:  1.61
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/12/2023 at 8:10 AM, Shilohsfoal said:

Jesus said in the verse I quoted what he would be doing for two days before his work is complete.

He said to them, “Go tell that fox, ‘Look, I’m driving out demons and performing healings today and tomorrow, and on the third day I will complete my work.’

You do understand what a day is to the Lord ,don't you?

Yes he did complete his work. Didn't he say on the cross "It is finished"? He completed the work he came to do.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

Yes he did complete his work. Didn't he say on the cross "It is finished"? He completed the work he came to do.

If you don't know what a day is to the Lord ,just say so.

He said to them, “Go tell that fox, ‘Look, I’m driving out demons and performing healings today and tomorrow, and on the third day I will complete my work.’