• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, The Barbarian said:

There will be winners and losers.  Canada, Northern Africa, and Siberia will probably be more livable.   The American West and the Gulf coast will be more challenging, with worse droughts and stronger storms.

I don't see that as a good thing.   But then, I live in America.

Well, a warmer planet is a wetter planet, so it may be that we have new rainforests where we used to have deserts. The good news is that, just as in the past 10,000 years, the changes are gradual and mankind can adjust. Well, except for that mini-ice age and medieval warm period. But even then, we did pretty much ok. And tech today is far superior. There was no HVAC back then and not much insulation was used in buildings.

But I really feel for those people that lived on what we now call the continental shelf. :spot_on:

Edited by Still Alive

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,869
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

7 hours ago, RV_Wizard said:

Catalytic converters change carbon monoxide, a gas released in the combustion process into carbon dioxide which trees need to live.  Carbon monoxide is also produced when you have a bonfire and much more so when you have a forest fire.  Yet, we don't hear people calling to clean up the old grove forests to prevent massive fires.  That wouldn't enrich the climate criminals.

So your idea is that we strip mine lithium from Afghanistan in mines owned by the Chinese to produce batteries that are environmental disasters that are recharged by burning coal and are stressing the electrical grid.  BRILLIANT!!  Not only have you drastically limited your range of motion and introduced a vehicle that barely performs in cold weather, you're polluting the earth in the name of environmentalism.

Want a better solution?  Hydrogen power using electrolysis to separate oxygen and hydrogen from water.  Zero emissions, lots of energy, no taxation of the power grid, but no money to out Chinese owned politicians.

Want to stay electric?  Use a 3 cylinder diesel engine to power a generator and feed power to electric motors at the wheels; like a train does.  No need for expensive batteries that enrich our enemies and cause cars to catch fire.  Diesel fuel is 190% as efficient as gasoline and has a much higher flash point.

The hypocrisy is that there is no desire to make a more efficient vehicle for the working man.  The desire is to pad the pockets of the elite and to continue enriching our enemies so they can fund the election campaigns of the politicians they purchase.

Converts 90% to a less harmful gas.

Carbon monoxide is the leading poisoning death in the United States.

Just like oil got to produce it domestically not buy it over seas.

Yeah I like hydrogen power also, 

https://www.ief.org/news/nuclear-energy-is-becoming-safer-and-more-efficient-heres-how

Though if I had the cash I would get an electric dues in 2025. 0 to 60 in 1.9 secs top speed 248 mph, 2200 hp with 1475 pounds of torque charge time 28 mins, 300 mile range. Gas cars are slow old junkers.

2025-deus-vayanne-107-1649856726.jpg

Edited by BeyondET

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,051
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

3 hours ago, Still Alive said:

Well, a warmer planet is a wetter planet

No.  For example in the western United States it will be drier.    In North Africa it will be wetter because the cool dry winds out of Asia are being disrupted.

so it may be that we have new rainforests where we used to have deserts.

In the western U.S. cropland will tend to become pasture.    Pasture will become semi-arid.   Semi-arid will become deserts.   A big part of that is that warmer climate means less snowpack in the mountains (snow line goes to higher altitudes) and that means less water available in spring and summer.

But I really feel for those people that lived on what we now call the continental shelf.

The continental self is under water.   The coastline will change a bit.   Some places a lot.   Sorry, Florida.

3 hours ago, BeyondET said:

Though if I had the cash I would get an electric dues in 2025. 0 to 60 in 1.9 secs top speed 248 mph, 2200 hp with 1475 pounds of torque charge time 28 mins, 300 mile range. Gas cars are slow old junkers.

Average person with one of those would kill himself within a year.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, The Barbarian said:

Average person with one of those would kill himself within a year.

I know right, you would have to be nuts to go 248 mph. 0 to 60 in 1.9 seconds got to be dangerous on the neck if your not ready for it.

Goes to show they have come along way on improving the EV technology.

Edited by BeyondET

Just now, BeyondET said:

Goes to show they come along way on improving the technology.

I'd work on reliability and battery life (and maybe more sustainable materials) first.

3 minutes ago, The Barbarian said:

I'd work on reliability and battery life (and maybe more sustainable materials) first.

Most companies are, even with exotic cars. Ice cars went through the same growing pains 

Edited by BeyondET

1 hour ago, BeyondET said:

Most companies are, even with exotic cars. Ice cars went through the same growing pains 

Still an infant technology, but it shows promise.

22 minutes ago, The Barbarian said:

Still an infant technology, but it shows promise.

Yes it is, solid state batteries along with a few other choices other than lithium is in the works though will take awhile to mass produce those at an affordable price.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

20 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

No.  For example in the western United States it will be drier.    In North Africa it will be wetter because the cool dry winds out of Asia are being disrupted.

In the western U.S. cropland will tend to become pasture.    Pasture will become semi-arid.   Semi-arid will become deserts.   A big part of that is that warmer climate means less snowpack in the mountains (snow line goes to higher altitudes) and that means less water available in spring and summer.

The continental self is under water.   The coastline will change a bit.   Some places a lot.   Sorry, Florida.

A warmer planet will cause the oceans to evaporate. It's pretty simple. Sure, there are subtle complications, but ultimately, when you increase the temperature where there is a body of water, the water will evaporate more. Oh, and that can cause cloud cover, which will also have a cooling effect. It's a pretty well designed system.:spot_on: