• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, other one said:

At Caesarea Philippi they would have been at the foot of mount Harmon...   Known as the place where the watchers landed on Earth.  It is considered by some as the door to the underworld. Is he saying he's building his church on the most sacred place for Satan followers, and there wasn't anything they could do about it?

My understanding of what/when I posted is that when Jesus was crucified, it was finished, victory over death, hell and the grave. I believed he took the thief (first NT believer??) to paradise bodily yet he was in the grave spiritually ( or vice versa:), I think, three days. I have believed/understand His resurrection power over came the 'gates of hell/Hades' and they (three gates you mentioned to the underworld, I think) shall not prevail (withstand being locked) any more as Jesus with His acquired  power  is now building his church/ecclesia. 

"who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, with angels, authorities, and powers having been subjected to him"

"He disarmed the rulers and authorities and put them to open shame, by triumphing over them in him" Colossians 2:15

Matthew 27:51-53 (easy listening version) At that moment, the Temple curtain was ripped in two, top to bottom. There was an earthquake, and rocks were split in pieces. What's more, tombs were opened up, and many bodies of believers asleep in their graves were raised.
(my wife gave me this one)

I guess if talking to a peon like me I would say Jesus opened the gates that were held closed by the devil so that all those who are in Him, believers, will not be confined as prior. Best I can do, OO.. Digging deeper I found it is sorta complicated, as not not all theologians totally agree.

Our Lord's sacrifice of his life cleared the path (opened the door way) for those 'in him' to eternal life. The gates no longer prevail.....:unsure:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,656
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

12 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Luk 19:13  And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.

Occupy and conquer... not quite the same.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,022
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

11 hours ago, JohnD said:

Occupy and conquer... not quite the same.

Occupy till the Lord comes is the rationale of many Christian organisations.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  360
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

Rev 4:10-11

The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,  Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

All the power of men in this world and the next is an illusion, except that it is freely given up to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.  We are in this world to do the will of God, and pull people out of this world, and into the Kingdom of Heaven.

Mark 8:36

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,059
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

CHRISTIANS  ??  conquering --- influencing  

ISAIAH 42:9  behold the former things are come to pass and new things do I declare before they spring forth I tell you of them 

COLOSSIANS 3:9  lie not to one to another seeing that you have put off the old man with his deeds 

--3:10--  and have put on the new man which is renewed in knowledge after the image of  HIM  that created him 

2 CORINTHIANS 10:3  for thou we walk in the flesh we do not war after the flesh 

--10:4--  for the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty through  GOD  to the pulling down of strong holds 

--10:5--  casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of  GOD  and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of  CHRIST

LUKE 19:27   but those  --mine enemies--  which would not that I should reign over them bring hither and slay them before  ME

2 THESSALONIANS 2:8  and then shall that wicked be revealed whom  THE  LORD  shall consume with the spirit of  HIS  mouth 

EPHESIANS 6:17  and take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the spirit --- which is the word of  GOD ---

2 TIMOTHY 2:3  thou therefore endure hardness as a good soldier of  JESUS  CHRIST

--2:4-- no man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life that he may please  HIM  that hath chosen him

1 PETER 4:15  but let none of you suffer as a murderer or as a thief or as an evil doer ---or as a busybody in other mens matters ---

JAMES 2:11  FOR  HE  THAT  SAID  DO  NOT  COMMIT  ADULTERY  SAID  ALSO --- DO  NOT  KILL  --- now if thou kill thou art become a transgressor of the law 

JAMES 4:1  from whence come wars and fightings among you come they not hence even of your lusts that war in your members 

--4:2-- you lust and have not you kill and desire to have and cannot obtain you fight and war yet you have not because you ask not 

--4:3--  you ask and receive not because you ask amiss that you may consume it upon your lusts 

--4:4--  you adulterers and adulderesses know you not that the friendship of the world is enmity with  GOD  whsoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of  GOD 

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,312
  • Content Per Day:  7.11
  • Days Won:  99

On 1/1/2024 at 1:28 PM, debrakay said:

I was recently telling a friend that if this is time for the openings of the Book of Revelation there will be millions of Christians who will take the mark of the beast.  The vaccine mandate showed how sheepish people are when the government tells them to do something.  I am sorry if that offends anyone, but we saw what happened when the world governments said you could not leave home, fly or go into places without the shot.  The same will happen when they say you cannot buy or sell without the mark.

This isn't offensive but rather, is symptomatic of the marriage between politics and religion. The proverbial child of that union politicizes everything at the expense of the truth. That child matures into monological thinking instructed in an echo chamber. 

Consider your statement above regarding vaccinine mandates; that is an excellent example of monological thinking. As if governments didn't already exercise authority over the movement and travel of citizens and non-citizens within their own borders (and also between closely-allied partner states), they required the imposition of a vaccine mandate to acquire this authority. This is somehow nefarious and a sign of <fill in the blank>. 

No. Passports... Visas... no-fly status... sanctions... health conditions... age... criminal history/status... those are but a sample of already existing variables that are subject to governmental authority which circumscribes or precludes travel entirely. 

Violate traffic laws and lose the privilege to operate motor vehicles on roads and highways. Cause a problem in an establishment and receive a criminal trespass order; fail to pay taxes and lose the freedom to do what you want; people are governed by innumerable laws that are mandates. This is what I find utterly incredulous coming from those who profess to love the truth:

Such a profound disconnect from the truth. Here's the truth: governments have been "in charge" of these nations of men all along, and it pleases the Lord to delegate authority in such a way. Yes, even someone as debased as Nebuchadnezzar... the basest of men. The Lord placed him in authority. 

Vaccines are no longer "mandated." So, what's the latest draconian measure now?

• Well Said! 1