• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,460
  • Content Per Day:  8.11
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, LisaLola said:

Without God given Faith no one could ever believe that he exists....no one would know who he is.

I have shown the verse that proves that faith is NOT a gift of God.  Eph 2:8  The gift is salvation.

Without God given faith it’s impossible to please him...

That i a misquote of Scripture.  There is NO verse that says "God given faith".  That is merely an opinion, but NOT found in Scripture.

1 Corinthians 12:7-11

1 Corinthians 12:7-11 KJV

But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; to another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; to another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: but all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

No mention of a God given faith.  As to spiritual gifts, which is what this passage is addressing, the "gift of faith" is the ability to be faithful.  

A Born Again is Born Again of imperishable seed

A "born again" what?  Can you be specific?  The words are an adjective, not a noun.

, I too am trying to help you understand that the word of God is his Living word is his seed?

If that is a question, no, you are not helping anything.

What does God mean when he says a Born Again is Born Again of imperishable seed?

Where do you see that in Scripture?  

What does seed mean...if it’s not the Holy Spirit seed, Gods Living word, his seed, please explain?

I've explained enough.  It is clear to me that you won't change your mind about anything that disagrees with your opinion.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,875
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, FreeGrace said:

My question was about when sharing a verse that clearly states the opposite of what a poster believes, and they just ignore it and continue to repeat their opinion.

The issue is not just posting a verse which is not enough and sometimes it maybe enough. The context is required. Some words about the context is important and some words of how someone sees the application of the context in that verse that initiate a discussion is very important. We should in most cases comment about the scriptures posted to start a discussion. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,338
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

53 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

These are the words of Paul "Written by him and spoken by us who read his letter to Timothy. As Timothy also read and perhaps made a copy so someone else can read them and speak them to someone who can also speak them by memorizing and without read it them from the original or from a copy of the letter. 

Paul is not God. 

If you are implying that what I quoted is not the Word of God ... then you joined a fellowship's statement of faith you disagree with... may I ask why?

We believe that the 66 books of the Canon, from Genesis to Revelation are the exhaustive, inerrant and inspired word of God.

FreeGrace said: 

Because of your own unfamiliarity with Scripture, even AFTER I shared Acts 10 and 11 which PROVES that one is baptized with the Spirit WHEN they believe.  Why haven't you addressed those passages?

The reason being that is not speaking Born Again  scripture.

So then, you aren't interested in any Scripture that doesn't include your fav words?  Isn't that rather narrow?  

Anyway, the verses in Acts 10 and 11 PROVE that the baptism with the Spirit occurs WHEN a person believes the gospel.

We are Baptised in the Spirit as Jesus explains to Nicodemus..which you have denied I’m afraid.

Sad.  I've shown the exact opposite.  There is no "how to be born again" in John 3.  There IS, however, a "how to enter the kingdom".  Since you keep misreading John 3, I'll just have to let it go and realize that you aren't interested in the facts.

We are baptised in the Spirit when we believe in Jesus, if God decides to baptise us in the Spirit

Where do you get this "if..." business?  What verse gives you that latitude?  We are baptized in the Spirit WHEN we believe and Acts 10 and 11 SAY that in clear and unambiguous words.  I recommend that you at least read them.  I gave the exact verses.

Scripture you post as I’ve said before...we are Born Again and saved from eternal damnation...why do you keep leaving Born Again out of it?

When I speak of someone who has believed in Christ, or is saved, THAT includes being born again.  You're just being repetitious.  It's not necessary.

Why do you think being born again is different than being saved?  Please explain.

..it’s like you aren’t familiar with what Born Again means?

Nonsense and you know better.  It is you who reject that the DEAD human spirit is "made alive" by the Spirit, per Eph 2:5.

And you haven't answered my question about what Paul is referring to in Eph 2:1 by "dead in trespasses".  What, exactly, is DEAD?  Do you know?  If show, please share.

FreeGrace said: 

I have a question.  When sharing a verse that clearly states the opposite of what the other poster has posted, and they just ignore it and continue in their thinking and make false statements, personal and not, it seems like just putting them on 'ignore' is like giving up and allowing false teaching to continue.

Unfortunately you have done the same...you;say that Jesus isn’t explaining to Nicodemus how we are Born Again?

I have NOT done the same and no one reading this thread would argree with you.

Jesus DID NOT explain HOW to be born again.  Jesus DID explain how to enter the kingdom.  I am sorry that you are not able to see the difference.

And Acts 10 and 11 prove HOW to be baptized in the Spirit which is being born again.

Amen, we have been Born Again of imperishable seed

I just wanted to acknowledge and congratulate you on the proper usage of the adjective "born again"!  

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  2

6 minutes ago, FreeGrace said:

I have shown the verse that proves that faith is NOT a gift of God.  Eph 2:8  The gift is salvation.

Sorry, Faith is a gift from God, it’s the manifestation of the Spirit, God given Faith manifests itself in the Born Again, as scripture says that I posted, without God given faith there is no faith.

That i a misquote of Scripture.  There is NO verse that says "God given faith".  That is merely an opinion, but NOT found in Scripture.

Faith is a gift from God, it’s a manifestation of the Spirit, I have posted scripture for you to see.

No mention of a God given faith.  As to spiritual gifts, which is what this passage is addressing, the "gift of faith" is the ability to be faithful.  

I have posted scripture, Faith is a gift it is a manifestation of the Spirit...the manifestation means, the Holy Spirit manifests faith in the Born Again, Faith that can move mountains...it’s a wonderful gift .sorry you aren’t understanding that.

A "born again" what?  Can you be specific?  The words are an adjective, not a noun.

If that is a question, no, you are not helping anything.

Where do you see that in Scripture?  

I've explained enough.  It is clear to me that you won't change your mind about anything that disagrees with your opinion.

Just a Born Again...do you see God adding anything more to Born Again?

A Born Again has been Born Again of imperishable seed...the seed is the Living word of God.

my belief is rock solid in the Living seed, word of God..it can never be anything other than the word of God ...His sheep know his voice and will not listen to the voice of a stranger.

My posting style is better is it not @Starise.xoxo.?

15 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

The issue is not just posting a verse which is not enough and sometimes it maybe enough. The context is required. Some words about the context is important and some words of how someone sees the application of the context in that verse that initiate a discussion is very important. We should in most cases comment about the scriptures posted to start a discussion. 

Absolutely!  And when a verse does need context for better understanding, the other poster should scan the context to see if there's more than just that 1 verse.

Great point!

4 minutes ago, FreeGrace said:

I just wanted to acknowledge and congratulate you on the proper usage of the adjective "born again"!  

The correct useage is Born Again..just as Jesus explains to Nicodemus...we must be Born Again...to see the Kingdom of God.

Born Again of imperishable seed means...Gods word can never die or perish in our heart/ spirit it liveth and abideth there forever..that’s what Born Again of imperishable seed means.

17 minutes ago, FreeGrace said:

I have NOT done the same and no one reading this thread would argree with you.

Jesus DID NOT explain HOW to be born again.  Jesus DID explain how to enter the kingdom.  I am sorry that you are not able to see the difference.

And Acts 10 and 11 prove HOW to be baptized in the Spirit which is being born again.

I was Born Again exactly as Jesus explains here to Nicodemus. @Starise I’m looking to you as my mentor...has my posting behaviour improved?

John 3:8 Context

5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. 8The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit

Edited by LisaLola