• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/28/2024 at 10:32 AM, Neighbor said:

Hi, Don't think so. For though fully justified  by way of Yeshua's willing sacrifice, each individual still has a long sojourn, a sanctification, that is a progressing process to perfection. In that process there is still a mighty conflict ongoing, within each  born again individual.

Awareness of sin, and it's eternal consequence, does not  equate to sinlessness, only that sin is an evil that cannot be overcome except by the covering of blood of an innocent lamb, the passover lamb Yeshua.

His sacrifice did not erase sin, for I have sinned, I do sin, I will sin. This is my fate while in this corrupted flesh that Yeshua has covered, along with it's consequence, it's penalty, fully in the sight of God, Father Son and Holy Spirit.

I know that I will sin this very day. I know Yeshua has me covered, that I may survive eternally because of His sacrifice alone, and not by my perfection  nor my merit.

I do have need to ask of my Lord each day, "Is it good between you and me? "What need  I learn about  and or change  this day even?" As a simple tune suggests, I have need to  have a little talk with Jesus....

I cannot stand on my own, not at all! What has changed in me on being born again is the love of the changes I need be making each day.

I am not sure Jesus would tell us to do something that cannot be done?

13:34 During His absence, they were to be governed by the commandment of love. This commandment was not new in point of time because the Ten Commandments taught love to God and to one's neighbor. But this commandment was new in other ways. It was new because the Holy Spirit would empower believers to obey it. It was new in that it was superior to the old. The old said, “Love your neighbor,” but the new said, “Love your enemies.”

Exposition
It has been well said that the law of love to others is now explained with new clarity, enforced by new motives and obligations, illustrated by a new example, and obeyed in a new way.

Also, it was new, as explained in the verse, because it called for a higher degree of love: “As I have loved you, that you also love one another.”

13:35 The badge of Christian discipleship is not a cross worn around the neck or on the lapel, or some distinctive type of clothing. Anyone could profess discipleship by these means. The true mark of a Christian is love for his fellow Christians. 

This requires divine power, and this power is only given to those indwelt by the spirit. 

(Believers Bible)

Edited by Truswell
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,659
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

And  if I could walk perfectly "in my own right" doing so in faith  I might be called as was at least one other that pleased God:  

..."Enoch lived sixty-five years, and begot Methuselah.  After he begot Methuselah, Enoch walked with God three hundred years, and had sons and daughters.  So all the days of Enoch were three hundred and sixty-five years.  And Enoch walked with God; and he was not, for God took him."....

God has demanded perfection, less than perfection He cannot abide. That leaves me out, except that God has also  reconciled the impossible that I be seen as perfect, washed white as snow

..." By faith Enoch was taken away so that he did not see death, “and was not found, because God had taken him”; for before he was taken he had this testimony, that he pleased God. "....

..."For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”...

God imputed perfection "to" me  in His sight  upon me personally.  He has done so by his mercy from everlasting to everlasting through the grace of my Lord and savior Yeshua. Of which I came to know only through the Holy Spirit.

It is that love by God shown to me through the Holy Spirit  that blesses me even as I fail miserably to retain awareness of that  love every moment in all that I do think or say.

Much to my shame I fail, and thus I too sing the song "Shame" that I love so much. " Though I am weak
Sometimes weary
In times of trial
I hide my face
In the balance
Judge me wholly
Please don't judge me
By my shame...

...Remember me
Not my shame
Not my shame

Credit Fernando Ortega lyrics

Jesus, the man, loved us so much that he died for us. We are told to follow Him, and the disciples did exactly that. :)

They all died, crucified  for Jesus

Edited by Truswell

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  404
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

As I have said, "IF we sin, we have an advocate with The Father, Jesus Christ, The righteous".

""My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:""

Jesus intercedes for us IF we sin, but we don't HAVE to.

He has given us everything we need to overcome (if we're born again that is)

---------------

1 john 3

5 And ye know that He was manifested to take away our sins; and in Him is no sin.

HE PAID FOR PAST SINS, AND... TAKES AWAY FUTURE SINS.

it's called deliverance

Whosoever abideth in Him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen Him, neither known Him.

Edited by Duck

9 hours ago, Duck said:

As I have said, "IF we sin, we have an advocate with The Father, Jesus Christ, The righteous".

""My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:""

Jesus intercedes for us IF we sin, but we don't HAVE to.

He has given us everything we need to overcome (if we're born again that is)

---------------

1 john 3

5 And ye know that He was manifested to take away our sins; and in Him is no sin.

HE PAID FOR PAST SINS, AND... TAKES AWAY FUTURE SINS.

it's called deliverance

Whosoever abideth in Him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen Him, neither known Him.

All that and more is because although Jesus hates sin, He loves the sinner. :)

Thank you, Lord! Where would we be, vile sinners that we are, if Jesus had not taken us as we were?

As followers of Jesus, it behoves us also to "Love the sinner, while hating the sin."  

SORRY. I have said this before, I am getting absent-minded, and will shut up now. You are quite right; please don't think I am arguing because I'm not. Blessings to you.

Edited by Truswell

What does The H.S. do?

The H.S. transforms Christians.

Saying that believers can't overcome sin, is to deny The Divine power of The Lord.

Born again Christians become new creations. 'The old has gone, the new has come'.

'He who The Son sets free, is free indeed'

If it's acceptable to continue in sin, where is Jesus' victory?

'A plain account of Christian perfection' explains it better

Edited by Duck

John 3:3
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
       Jesus answered - That knowledge will not avail thee unless thou be born again - Otherwise thou canst not see, that is, experience and enjoy, either the inward or the glorious kingdom of God.
        In this solemn discourse our Lord shows, that no external profession, no ceremonial ordinances or privileges of birth, could entitle any to the blessings of the Messiah's kingdom:

that an entire change of heart as well as of life was necessary for that purpose: that this could only be wrought in man by the almighty power of God:

that every man born into the world was by nature in a state of sin, condemnation, and misery: that the free mercy of God had given His Son to deliver them from it, and to raise them to a blessed immortality: 

Verse 7

Ye must be born again - To be born again, is to be inwardly changed from all sinfulness to all holiness. It is fitly so called, because as great a change then passes on the soul as passes on the body when it is born into the world.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,659
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 2/25/2024 at 12:30 PM, Truswell said:

The true mark of a Christian is love for his fellow Christians. 

May I suggest that is not a completed thought, as one characteristic of those that follow Yeshua is to have a personal love for their enemies ( Those that harbor a hatred toward any  of us).

I do not choose to wear a badge that says "I am a Christian and you can see it in my ways look at me I am different."  I simply am enabled by the Holy Spirit to see my enemy as I see myself, in need of my Lord and savior Jesus.

My plea to my savior is remember me and not my shame.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,441
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

On 1/26/2024 at 4:05 PM, Duck said:

If and when a person is born again. It will be obvious.

Their empathy and compassion will be real.

The flesh will have no dominion over them.

They will overcome sin, in fact, the old sin and nature will be abhorrent to them.

Jesus led captivity captive. He makes all things new... The old has gone, the new has come

Yes, we are a new creation and the old man is no more.  So then the question then becomes are we perfect and do not sin.  What then  qualifies as sin. Are trivial things that you are aware of sin or are the scriptual mentions that is reffered, e.g Adultery, fornication ect. 

How do you or the believer call out sin, who is the refree for when a sin may or may not be commited. Obvious attrocities are plain.  Does the beliver question his spirit ever when he thinks an act may be a sin or not.  

How does santification work and what is the purpose of it then. Are we glorified already or does it come at a later period or after the body has passed on.  

Some of my questions that in the brain so to speak. 

• Brilliant! 1