• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.16
  • Days Won:  31

On 1/29/2024 at 12:02 PM, debrakay said:

It seems like now adays I am saying all the time, "If you call yourself Christian and are not talking about Jesus, God, Holy Spirit, scripture, and all things pertaining to salvation, what is your purpose?"  We all see the condition of the people and the world deteriorating in leaps and bounds yet Christians talk about everything but Christ? Shouldn't all of our words be of Him, about Him, and pertain to a life of salvation and love of I AM?  Maybe it's because I am older, wiser and on the downhill slope headed home.

Fruitless, barren, dead trees are not going to make the grade.

Mark 11:20-21 (NIV) - In the morning, as they went along, they saw the fig tree withered from the roots. Peter remembered and said to Jesus, “Rabbi, look! The fig tree you cursed has withered!”

Matthew 7:13 (NIV) - “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

@debrakay Your post reminds me of the hymn words:

"Our song, then, forever shall be
Of the Shepherd who gave Himself thus;
No subject’s so glorious as He,
No theme so affecting to us
."

• Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.36
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.12
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

On 1/29/2024 at 12:03 PM, enoob57 said:

And The Holy Spirit does so by the Word nothing else... as some say I got a word from god today~ if it is not Scripture then it is not a Word from God! God's Word has been sealed and there is no new revelation today...

I see you brought baggage from another forum with you. That is unfortunate, since the topic of the thread, "receiving wisdom from above" has nothing to do with "new revelation", it is about receiving "personal revelation", in other words, the Holy Spirit applying the Word of God to us individually by bringing a Word to our remembrance. For example, let's say a believer is losing patience with someone, the Holy Spirit may whisper to his heart "in your patience, possess your soul". This is how we bear much fruit of the Spirit, by hearkening unto His Voice. This is the true testimony of scriptures, beginning with Abraham, who had no scriptures!

Genesis 26:5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

On 1/29/2024 at 11:57 AM, enoob57 said:

God is speaking of His Scripture here as noted already the source of faith is Scripture!
and further witnessed to:

The topic is not the source of faith, it is the source of wisdom, as we are instructed in the scriptures.

James 1:

5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 

6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. 

7 For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 

8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

This is to bear much fruit by the Holy Spirit.

James 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.

When we receive wisdom from above, we are not receiving a new revelation of truth, we are bearing the fruit of the Spirit, gained by asking!

Do not confuse wisdom with knowledge or understanding. Wisdom allows us to rightly comprehend the knowledge gained from the study of God's Word. 

As God alone knows the hearts thus His Word reveals the heart...
The charismatic circles down play that the written Word of God is work of Holy Spirit... 

I have enjoyed the fellowship of many in the COGIC, Assemblies of God, Full Gospel Baptist, and others of the "charismatic circles".

Your testimony is false. What I do know about them is that they know the difference between logos and rhema.

Romans 10:17 (KJV)

[17] So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

the rhema, spoken word of God, as it is written

Shema, O Israel. Obey My Voice.

Matthew 4:4 But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every (rhema, spoken) word that proceeds from the mouth of God.

I converse with the Lord every day. The Holy Spirit is the Lord. I learned to recognize that Voice through an intimate knowledge of the scriptures, by which He spoke to me tens of thousands of times. Now, having that intimate relationship, He can tell me, "don't do that now, wait until later", and I obey with confidence, because I know His Voice.

The scriptures fully support what I purport. If you don't know someone's voice, you have no intimacy with them. Try calling a spouse, a best friend, a parent or family member and say "Guess who this is". They won't need to guess.

John 10:

4 And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. 

14 I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. 

15 As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. 

16 And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

17 Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again.

This is wisdom from above, which we are to seek daily.

Colossians 3:

1 If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. 

2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,188
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On 1/29/2024 at 9:04 AM, Mr. M said:

All manner of people have studied scriptures.

Only those who receive by the Holy Spirit obtain 

wisdom thereby.

the Scriptures are a work of The Holy Spirit and God says they are sufficient
2 Timothy 3:15 (KJV)

[15] And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

[17] That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Plainly stated so!

On 1/29/2024 at 9:34 AM, Mr. M said:

Not what I said. The recipient needs the Spirit of the Lord to receive.

So the work of The Holy Spirit (Scripture) is insufficient to save people?
John 20:31 (KJV)
[31] But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Correct me if I am wrong but this shows progression to salvation... Starting with Scripture then believing then might have life through His Name... 

The Scriptures give this witness:
Matthew 22:29 (KJV)

[29] Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

Romans 1:16 (KJV)

[16] For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Calvinist teach you have to be regenerated to believe... is that your belief?

6 hours ago, Mr. M said:

difference between logos and rhema

This Word of God is different then this Word of God... I'm not buying it! If it is God's it is God's... and yes I am familiar with their teaching the logos is the dead letter but the rhema is living word...

6 hours ago, Mr. M said:

I have enjoyed the fellowship of many in the COGIC, Assemblies of God, Full Gospel Baptist, and others of the "charismatic circles".

Your testimony is false. What I do know about them is that they know the difference between logos and rhema.

the rhema, spoken word of God, as it is written

Shema, O Israel. Obey My Voice.

Matthew 4:4 But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every (rhema, spoken) word that proceeds from the mouth of God.

I converse with the Lord every day. The Holy Spirit is the Lord. I learned to recognize that Voice through an intimate knowledge of the scriptures, by which He spoke to me tens of thousands of times. Now, having that intimate relationship, He can tell me, "don't do that now, wait until later", and I obey with confidence, because I know His Voice.

The scriptures fully support what I purport. If you don't know someone's voice, you have no intimacy with them. Try calling a spouse, a best friend, a parent or family member and say "Guess who this is". They won't need to guess.

John 10:

4 And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. 

14 I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. 

15 As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. 

16 And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

17 Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again.

This is wisdom from above, which we are to seek daily.

Colossians 3:

1 If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. 

2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.

God speaks clearly, distinctly, to the very point of all this:

[15] And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

[17] That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

7 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

Calvinist teach you have to be regenerated to believe... is that your belief?

I don't know Calvinism.

I do know that only by the Holy Spirit can I serve Him as Lord.

1 Co 12:3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed, and no one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit.

My interest is in speaking words of wisdom, words that edify, exhort and comfort. These are the work of the Holy Spirit.

7 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

This Word of God is different then this Word of God... I'm not buying it! If it is God's it is God's... and yes I am familiar with their teaching the logos is the dead letter but the rhema is living word...

I don't know about dead letter. I know God speaks.

3 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

God speaks clearly, distinctly, to the very point of all this:

[17] That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

That has nothing to do with today.

15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.