• Topics Per Day:  1.36
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.12
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

6 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

God speaks clearly, distinctly, to the very point of all this:

2 Timothy 3:15 (KJV)

[15] And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

[17] That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

You haven't responded to any of my posts in sincerity. You just keep repeating the same thing. Find a new hobby. You say you aren't buying it. I am not selling it and I am not interested in your letters of rejection. I am not seeking your approval. You have said your peace, Move on, will ya.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Clearly we disagree on this so you and I should agree to disagree... but I will continue to support The Scriptures and give witness to The Power of God in the written Word:

Jude 3 (KJV)

[3] Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

Romans 10:17 (KJV)

[17] So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

12 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

You have said your peace, Move on, will ya.

I seem to be in the same place as them of old
Acts 5:28 (KJV)

[28] Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man's blood upon us.

[29] Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

And God in His perfect Word gives further instruction to me:

Jude 3 (KJV)

[3] Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

So I shall stay and contend for the faith once given... not still giving!

20 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

I don't know about dead letter. I know God speaks.

I have read it from the people groups you mentioned..

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743

9 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

Clearly we disagree on this so you and I should agree to disagree... but I will continue to support The Scriptures and give witness to The Power of God in the written Word:

Jude 3 (KJV)

Romans 10:17 (KJV)

[17] So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

You suggest that I do not support the scriptures, but yours concern faith, mine concern "wisdom from above". Maybe the disagreement stems from differing topics. I know what the thread is about, so I remain on topic.

3 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

I have read it from the people groups you mentioned..

Not my concern Steven.

I am not a defender of interest groups. 

I simply disagreed about the notion of not crediting

the Holy Spirit with authoring the scriptures.

I hear one voice throughout, as I hope you do also.

7 hours ago, Mr. M said:

I have enjoyed the fellowship of many in the COGIC, Assemblies of God, Full Gospel Baptist, and others of the "charismatic circles".

Your testimony is false. What I do know about them is that they know the difference between logos and rhema.

Among our more charistmatic Christian brothers and sisters, it is common to distinguish the two words as follows: rhēma = spoken word, usually referring to additional revelation that extends beyond the written word of Scripture logos = written word, usually referring to revelation as found in the Old and New Testaments

And yes I stand against this teaching:

Jude 3 (KJV)

The real question is why wouldn't any Christian stand for God's Scripture alone!

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

Among our more charistmatic Christian brothers and sisters, it is common to distinguish the two words as follows: rhēma = spoken word, usually referring to additional revelation that extends beyond the written word of Scripture logos = written word, usually referring to revelation as found in the Old and New Testaments

As I said before, I do not consider hearing from God as "revelation", but personal instruction. The Holy Scriptures provide the sound basis for learning to recognize the Voice of God. This is my understanding of Paul when he wrote "the Law is our schoolmaster, to bring us to Christ, and faith". This is the "hearing of faith". 

Galatians 3:

2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 

3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh? 

4 Have you suffered so many things in vain—if indeed it was in vain?

5 Therefore He who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you, does He do it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?— 

6 just as Abraham “believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.”

Abraham obeyed God's Voice, as I cited previously, before there were any scriptures.

Genesis 26:5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

Mr M is this what you are saying?

Certainly! Let’s explore the difference between “Scripture” and “Rhema”:

1. Scripture (Logos):

• Definition: Logos refers principally to the total inspired Word of God and to Jesus, who is often referred to as the living Logos.
    • Characteristics:
      • Objective: It encompasses the entire body of written Scripture, including the Bible.
      • Universal: It applies to all believers and serves as a foundation for doctrine, reproof, correction, and instruction in righteousness.
      • Examples:
        • “In the beginning was the Word [logos], and the Word [logos] was with God, and the Word [logos] was God” (John 1:1).
        • “The seed is the word [logos] of God” (Luke 8:11).
        • “Holding forth the word [logos] of life” (Philippians 2:16).
  2. Rhema (The Spoken Word):

• Definition: Rhema refers to a specific verse or portion of Scripture that the Holy Spirit brings to our attention with application to a current situation or need for direction.
    • Characteristics:
      • Subjective: It is a spoken word—an utterance—that has personal relevance.
      • Application: It is often revealed through prayer, Bible reading, or even prophetic words.
      • Examples:
        • When a verse stands out to you during prayer or study, it becomes a rhema—a living utterance from God.
        • “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness” (II Timothy 3:16).

In summary, Scripture (Logos) encompasses the entire written Word of God, while Rhema refers to specific verses or portions that the Holy Spirit highlights for personal application. Both are essential for our spiritual growth and understanding.

9 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

The real question is why wouldn't any Christian stand for God's Scripture alone!

Because they desire a personal relationship with the living God.

Mark 12:

26 But concerning the dead, that they rise, have you not read in the book of Moses, in the burning bush passage, how God spoke to him, saying, ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? 

27 He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living. You are therefore greatly [h]mistaken.”

Since you like to bring up schools of thought that I am unfamiliar with, is this what they call Sola Scriptura? Everything I know about God I have received from the scriptures alone. What I know about His Will for me personally I have learned from hearing his voice. Your belief or disapproval is quite frankly irrelevant.

Romans 12:2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

So you tell me, if I need be transformed by the renewing of my mind in order to know the good, and acceptable and perfect will of God, how does that support your contention that all I need is to read the Bible. I have read it dozens of times, and one thing I learned, is that "He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him", and speaks to them personally.