IGNORED

Alistair Begg Controversy? What do you think?

bdavidc

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

Alistair Begg has been an effective and trustworthy pastor, author, speaker, and Bible teacher for decades. Millions of people – and I’ve been among them, as you can hear here – have benefited from his work.

But that reach diminished in the past few days. As reported here, the American Family Association and its 180 radio stations have dropped Begg’s program. Why? Last September, Begg said on a podcast that it was OK for a grandmother to attend her grandson’s wedding to a “transgender person.” The AFA has issued a statement outlining their reasons, which you can read for yourself here.

For more information – click here

What do you think?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.72
  • Days Won:  1

13 minutes ago, bdavidc said:

Last September, Begg said on a podcast that it was OK for a grandmother to attend her grandson’s wedding to a “transgender person.”

But Begg is not God (FWIW, I imagine the Pope would agree with him), so we should test what he or any Man says against the Word of God, asking ourselves "What would God say about this?" instead of just accepting it as worthy before the Lord without question.

My thoughts, others may think differently.

Well my thoughts are Alistair Begg should repent and recant his statement. I think it is sad and very disappointing. It is a very wrong view and does not line up with the word of God. Like many of the Pastors are stating on the links I posted.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.72
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, bdavidc said:

Well my thoughts are Alistair Begg should repent and recant his statement. I think it is sad and very disappointing. It is a very wrong view and does not line up with the word of God. Like many of the Pastors are stating on the links I posted.

In my view, this sort of thing is approval of a deep sin, a listed abomination before the Lord, and by giving approval we are encouraging this sin and participating in it with them and walking the wide road that leads to destruction alongside them.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,659
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

2 hours ago, bdavidc said:

Alistair Begg has been an effective and trustworthy pastor, author, speaker, and Bible teacher for decades. Millions of people – and I’ve been among them, as you can hear here – have benefited from his work.

But that reach diminished in the past few days. As reported here, the American Family Association and its 180 radio stations have dropped Begg’s program. Why? Last September, Begg said on a podcast that it was OK for a grandmother to attend her grandson’s wedding to a “transgender person.” The AFA has issued a statement outlining their reasons, which you can read for yourself here.

For more information – click here

What do you think?

Hi, Having watched the 19 minute video and placing a copy of it under videos, plus reading the other active link with it's presentation,  a survey, and opinion. I find it to be most interesting:

To start with  I do believe Pastor Begg should be kept on as a speaker on truth as the theme at Shepherd's Conference. Further I suggest  a session with Phil Johnson moderating featuring John Piper, John MacArthur, and Alistair Begg would be most fortuitous an experience for all  of us to behold!

This year's conference is booked up  for attendance but it will be highlighted on many an internet presentation. There is plenty of time  to prepare such an interview and discussion  as the conference doesn't begin until march 6.

-------

The two Johns have engaged in many a discussion in the past, not always agreeing; but both being enlightened even in their disagreement, both more in agreement now that they have have become self acknowledged  Pilgrims.

John MacArthur  has, in the past few years anyway, taken the position he  does not just engage in every controversy that comes along with just anyone; using his line, " What do I have to do with Belial? There is no benefit  to my sharing with Belial, as it will just deny what I contend anyway, there being no interest in hearing my standing."

John Piper I think still maintains a softer manner then does John MacArthur though one of conviction  reached with much prayer, reading,  study, and thinking.

Personal opinion- there is no one size fits all  response, for each circumstance will be quite different.

If I were grandma I would decline attendance, yet send a very nice gift to both parties of this union, maybe one to each.

Why? Because I would want to keep a loving relationship with my flesh and blood, plus I will want to welcome opportunity to get to know the other party of this union be it unholy or not- the gift being a signal  that you are welcome in my home. Plus expect that  we may talk  about my  strong conviction and I will try to share of the gospel of Yeshua in all that I do too. That will include when appropriate  Bible lessons on marriage.

I think I would go out of my way to make my gifts substantial enough that they are sacrificially selected and purchased.

As to others punishing  Pastor Begg, it comes to all pastors along with the territory, the duty, and privilege, assigned them. There also comes a time when God forces congregate members to stop following a man, a pastor and get onto to following God.

Pastors will at some point always fail, while God never does. God is no respecter of persons, God uses the most unlikely of persons to do some of the most marvelous of His work, doing so that we shall know it is only by Him,  his power that such a man can be profitably  used of Him.

It is at times like these when one learns; am I a hireling that scatters when the overseer is challenged? Or, am I the soldier at his post standing by him because it is God we both serve, each standing our post in the army of Yeshua?

Radio station operators that drop a speaker may be more afraid of their audience and advertisers  than they are of Yeshua, and his  soldiers standing their own post in the army of our Lord.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

This made smile. Its to easy to turn this around..  lol, but even GOD will say a word. Lol this is like that song.. sing it "heard it from a friend who, heard it from a friend who, heard it from another, you" yeah REO. Just a small thing from someone I am not anymore.

I don't care because I don't know this web site nor who wrote this story. I don't know this man or Grandma or Grandson. I do know they could carless what I think . This here is gossip be it negative or positive it's gossip. Ever hear the old song from REO "heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who..." Gossip. 

Now I can't find where it's written or even hinted at going to some gay/trans or just people that don't know and reject Christ is a sin and I am then supporting their said choice and then partaking in that (what I believe) is sin. So easy no to look back at what "others" did and said and then oooh lets talk about. 

I am reminded of say your little truck breaks down, and you have been working on it for days in front of your apartment. Late one night as your working on it this man from the front apartment comes up and hands you this huge wad of money saying its for your truck because you pass by all the time never saying a word nor asking any questions. Side note I have been told this many times and didn't know that verse "Even a fool is counted wise when he holds his peace" ok I think fool might be a tad harsh :) Now hindsight is 2020 yet its in that moment your working as long as it takes because you don't have money to get it fixed and you have bills and a wife. So what this man did or sin or taking part in his sin never came to my mind. 

What others think? I could carless, they weren't there and it's none of their business. Now me asking someone about it then they have the right to speak. So today what I know should I have? No never but I was young blind.. I didn't know. 

Now what personally think.. yeah you learn when it comes to "Christians" to watch everything you share.  This time your no fool just wise. 

23 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Pastors will at some point always fail, while God never does. God is no respecter of persons, God uses the most unlikely of persons to do some of the most marvelous of His work, doing so that we shall know it is only by Him,  his power that such a man can be profitably  used of Him.

We all fail at some point. But we are to repent. He is a VERY public speaker and needs to recant and repent. We all should be praying for him.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,659
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

The Shepherd's conference may be all the more interesting for it if he speaks and if there is some discussion that ensues.

BTW I was associated with a local body that has been much involved in the Shepherds Conference over the several years now.

If it happens ( That he speaks as scheduled) I think I will be most interested in the manner in which John Piper might address it. -Gads how old is everyone becoming!? Pretty soon without new young blood  the conference will need be held in a rest home.