Jesus and his sacrifice

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  184
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

My question is jesus died on the cross to relieve us of our sins, and I understand especially because blood and sacrifice stood for forgivness and other things in the bible, so jesus' sacrifice was the ultimate one. big enough to not only forgive one person but all... So dont get me wrong i am in no way speaking blasphemy when i say what im about to say. I am just confused, because in the christian religion if you say you repent you must trully turn from your sinfull ways, and only then can you be forgiven. If you just say your repenting, and then a week later get waisted, and do sinfull things again, then thats not a true repentance, and you will not be forgiven PERIOD. So when jesus died on the cross, and the bible says its cleansed all sinners of of there sins, what i dont get is the bible clearly says you can be saved by repnting, asking for forgivness, acepting God and jesus into your heart, and by having faith. BUT if theres a man who curses God, cursed jesus, murders, and rapes people often with no remorse, and steals from tbe poor an evil man filled with hate, greed, and lust and had no intentions on changing his ways or repenting or accepting jesus then how could he be forgiven because of jesus' sacrifice the bible clearly states you must repent love and obey God and accept jesus as your lord and savior to be trully forgiven and to be let into heaven. Can someone explain to me what i have gotten all mixed up... And again im not denying any of what jesus did or any of what the bible says just a bit confused😇🙏.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,672
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

59 minutes ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

My question is jesus died on the cross to relieve us of our sins, and I understand especially because blood and sacrifice stood for forgivness and other things in the bible, so jesus' sacrifice was the ultimate one. big enough to not only forgive one person but all... So dont get me wrong i am in no way speaking blasphemy when i say what im about to say. I am just confused, because in the christian religion if you say you repent you must trully turn from your sinfull ways, and only then can you be forgiven. If you just say your repenting, and then a week later get waisted, and do sinfull things again, then thats not a true repentance, and you will not be forgiven PERIOD. So when jesus died on the cross, and the bible says its cleansed all sinners of of there sins, what i dont get is the bible clearly says you can be saved by repnting, asking for forgivness, acepting God and jesus into your heart, and by having faith. BUT if theres a man who curses God, cursed jesus, murders, and rapes people often with no remorse, and steals from tbe poor an evil man filled with hate, greed, and lust and had no intentions on changing his ways or repenting or accepting jesus then how could he be forgiven because of jesus' sacrifice the bible clearly states you must repent love and obey God and accept jesus as your lord and savior to be trully forgiven and to be let into heaven. Can someone explain to me what i have gotten all mixed up... And again im not denying any of what jesus did or any of what the bible says just a bit confused😇🙏.

You are not mixed up at all. Jesus came to the earth to be the perfect sacrifice to pay for OUR sins- for those that believe in Him. 

But Jesus did NOT come to remove or do away with OUR SIN NATURE. 

Jesus has given us the ONLY way to be with Him once again in the Garden, where NO sin abounds, we will NO longer have our sin nature within us.

Sin will be NO more, but while we our on earth, sin is present and the Law (10 commandments) is present. 

He has given us the Holy Spirit to be WITHIN us—- if we ask, and He will give us ALL the power and ability needed to obey God’s Word and the Testimony of Jesus. The more one dedicates themselves to God and turns their life completely over to Him, the more you will be like Him. 

Hope this makes sense. Best wishes. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  3,823
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

Let me put it like this.  Here's what had and has to happen for salvation.

FIRST THING

Jesus had to come to earth, live, die, and rise from the dead.  He did this to cleanse us of our sins.  Now, there  WERE a host of people in the Old Testament that were "made righteous".  But it was because they believed in God's words to them.

Jesus IS the Word of God - so says the Bible.

SECOND THING

God moves.  He draws you to him - usually by Holy Spirit conviction.

THIRD THING

You and I have a choice.  We can believe God and the Holy Spirit or we can turn away.  Cain turned away.  The rich young ruler turned away.  Abraham did not turn away.  Paul did not turn away.  Believing that Jesus Christ died for our sins and that God raised him from the dead  and turning away from sin.  That's salvation.

But - 

We live in a body of flesh and sin.  Sin persecutes us even to this day.  Yes, one CAN make terrible mistakes, but if they go to God in shame for their sin and turn away yet AGAIN, those sins are forgiven.

If one KEEPS ON sinning and sinning and sinning over and over the same old sins and NEVER going to God with those issues NEVER yielding to the Holy Spirit's conviction and NEVER turning away - that person is probably not saved at all.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  184
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

12 hours ago, Jayne said:

FIRST THING

Jesus had to come to earth, live, die, and rise from the dead.  He did this to cleanse us of our sins.  Now, there  WERE a host of people in the Old Testament that were "made righteous".  But it was because they believed in God's words to them.

SECOND THING

THIRD THING

You and I have a choice.  We can believe God and the Holy Spirit or we can turn away.  Cain turned away.  The rich young ruler turned away.  Abraham did not turn away.  Paul did not turn away.  Believing that Jesus Christ died for our sins and that God raised him from the dead  and turning away from sin.  That's salvation.

But - 

We live in a body of flesh and sin.  Sin persecutes us even to this day.  Yes, one CAN make terrible mistakes, but if they go to God in shame for their sin and turn away yet AGAIN, those sins are forgiven.

If one KEEPS ON sinning and sinning and sinning over and over the same old sins and NEVER going to God with those issues NEVER yielding to the Holy Spirit's conviction and NEVER turning away - that person is probably not saved at all.

Thank you, so what your saying is that when jesus died on the cross, his sacrifice too clease men of there sins came with the rule that they must repent and TRULLY repent and believe/accept jesus as there lord and savior along with love and obey God too? Because then that would make sense, but what i was confused about was I was being led to believe by people that when jesus died on the cross, sinfull men were forgiven without faith, belief, repentance or acceptance of the lord what so ever, because of jesus' sacrifice... And that just didnt make any sense to me. Because the bible says you must accept jesus as your lord and savior, love God, and obey his Gods commandments, and repent in order to be saved. Yet these people i mentioned were telling me different so i was a bit confused.

1 hour ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

Thank you, so what your saying is that when jesus died on the cross, his sacrifice too clease men of there sins came with the rule that they must repent and TRULLY repent and believe/accept jesus as there lord and savior along with love and obey God too? Because then that would make sense, but what i was confused about was I was being led to believe by people that when jesus died on the cross, sinfull men were forgiven without faith, belief, repentance or acceptance of the lord what so ever, because of jesus' sacrifice... And that just didnt make any sense to me. Because the bible says you must accept jesus as your lord and savior, love God, and obey his Gods commandments, and repent in order to be saved. Yet these people i mentioned were telling me different so i was a bit confused.

Even the demons in the Gospels believe that Jesus was the son of God... did not help them much, did it. There will be, unfortunately, billions of people that are aware of Jesus, that may even believe He died on the cross, but that is not good enough. If we accept Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God who died for our sins, He will bring His Holy Spiriit into us and change us. We will still have our sin nature until we die, but we are spiritually saved, already, but not yet. 

If He is our creator, our God, our Father, and the ONE who died so that we can live with Him forever, why would we not want to obey Him, love Him, worship Him and ask Him to take away our deire, ability and need to sin... He wants to have a very personal, intimate relationship with every one of His children.  Can you imagine having such a relationship with your father that is as loving and powerful as God?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  3,823
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

9 hours ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

I can see where you would be confused.  Yes, Jesus died on the cross for our sins, but we MUST believe, have faith, repent, and live in obedience to him.

And if and when we err, submit to the Holy Spirit's conviciton and turn away from sin.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  168
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  394
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  12/28/1983

"Have you made a REALLY big mistake?  Relax and take heart.  When God decided how to use us as Christians, he already factored in our stupidity.  It's OK.  "

LOL - when I look in the mirror I just laugh and it helps.

33 minutes ago, Sharky and George said:

"Have you made a REALLY big mistake?  Relax and take heart.  When God decided how to use us as Christians, he already factored in our stupidity.  It's OK.  "

LOL - when I look in the mirror I just laugh and it helps.

I can’t believe it!!!! We must have purchased the exact same mirror!

• Haha 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,375
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

On 2/10/2024 at 2:43 AM, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

The salvation purchased through the sacrifice of Jesus is available to all - but it has to be actioned on our part, and not all choose to receive it.

To receive the gift of salvation, one must sincerely surrender ownership of their life to Christ as a faith response to His Gospel. That means, by faith, make a decision to submit to Jesus as our Lord/Owner/Master. That decision includes "repentance" - i.e. a commitment and intent to turn to God's righteousness, and away from sin (since we now recognize that sin is bad, bad for us, and something we needed to be saved from - i.e. something to be avoided).

[Note: This does not mean we will never sin again. The reason we need a Savior is because we are corrupted beyond the ability to be righteous by our own efforts. Confessing Jesus as our Lord means we are immediately legally perfected before God, but also that we need to enter into a process called sanctification - whereby God gradually restores us from our corruption by the internal influence of His Holy Spirit. That means when we do sin, we afterwards come to our senses and turn back to God (repentance) - and continue that pattern until we achieve dominion over the temptation.]

In the beginning, God was our God - our Creator/Owner/Master/Lord - the One to whom we were in obedient submission. Through surrender to Christ (as Lord), we are able to restore our proper place under the authority of our all-loving heavenly Father.

If Jesus is not one's Lord (and there is therefore no commitment or intent to repent from sin according to the will of our Lord), then one has not accessed God's forgiveness or salvation from sin (though it remains within their grasp as long as they live).

• Well Said! 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,507
  • Content Per Day:  12.21
  • Days Won:  31

On 2/9/2024 at 2:13 PM, Jayne said:

FIRST THING

SECOND THING

THIRD THING

But - 

@Jayne The finished work of Christ is wonderfully shown in Hebrews chapters 9 and 10, gloriously sufficient for all sinners who put their trust in Him.

Edited by farouk