IGNORED

WorthyNews:SCOTUS To Decide If Emergency Room Doctors Are Required To Perform Abortions

WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  898
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

hi all

Just a small note.  

With regard to definitions in the english language..

am not sure about UK english.. but at least in american english.. if I am not mistaken.. a term for miscarriage can be "spontaneous abortion".  

For example from Usa medical site :

https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/001488.htm

Please note that my belief is pro-life.  But I wanted to mention this because I am thinking maybe it might possibly be a medical term maybe?  :not-sure

Anyways..  Just a small note thats all.  Thanks.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.81
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/17/2024 at 1:24 AM, Slibhin said:

Human Life International is an organization run by Catholic clergy, not medical doctors, therefore their opinions are rubbish. If you can't link to an actual, credible medical study then you've already conceded the argument. In addition they oppose all birth control and try to get it banned, even in countries with HIV epidemics. They are also anti-science, promote anti-vaccination conspiracies AND endorsed/defended violence such as clinic bombing. They also heavily financed and supported anti-gay laws in Uganda that gave homosexuals life imprisonment or death, just like the nazi's. Maybe perhaps do a little digging before citing someone as a source.

It is also utterly false that abortions don't prolong the lives of women with cancer or are not medically required. What do you think happens when an already compromised immune system is also having to sustain a developing baby? What do you think will happen to that baby when the women is blasted with radiation during chemo? She can't delay the chemo, because it's likely said cancer is terminal or almost terminal. What if her blood pressure is too high or her heart is barely strong enough to keep herself alive let alone two people? This is how we know you and people like you are men without having to ask or check your profile, because you obviously have no clue what pregnancy does to your body.

Sorry I thought my medical abortion was somehow relevant to the subject of abortion. My bad.

Who cares what the percentage is? What is the threshold for you before too many women are dying? Judging by your answer, is 10% of women dying acceptable? How about 5%? I think 0% is the correct total in my estimation.

I checked by the way, since you couldn't be bothered. Approximately 1% of abortions are to save a woman from imminent death, women like me for example. The number performed for medical conditions that are likely to cause death, (but not imminent), or permanent disability is higher.

If you're just one of these people who are bent on forcing women to give birth against their will even if it kills them, then you're a fanatic and not reasonable. If you're not a fanatic then perhaps do some research before deciding an opinion.

https://abort73.com/abortion_facts/us_abortion_statistics/

Most abortions are not emergencies; I said this and still stand by this. I did not say Don't have any emergency abortions. I said Most are not emergency.

6 hours ago, Slibhin said:

On 3/11/2024 at 2:20 PM, NConly said:

abortions are not emergencies

Moving the goal posts I see!

Imo 90% of abortions not emergency. As life teaches all sometimes emergencies do occur. 

the table below shows less than 5% of what MIGHT be emergency. So if you consider Florida a liar you need help.

The state of Florida records a reason for every abortion that occurs within its borders each year. In 2021, there were 79,817 abortions in Florida. This table lists each reason and the percentage of abortions that occurred because of it.

PercentageReason

0.01%The pregnancy resulted from an incestuous relationship

0.15%The woman was raped

0.15%The woman's life was endangered by the pregnancy

0.95%There was a serious fetal abnormality

1.34%The woman's physical health was threatened by the pregnancy

1.89%The woman's psychological health was threatened by the pregnancy

21.3%The woman aborted for social or economic reasons

74.2%No reason (elective)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.90

On 3/17/2024 at 12:44 AM, Slibhin said:

I find it pretty misogynistic and I don't want single women having babies they don't want. It is not a useful solution to try and command them not to have sexual relations.

This is where I see the same thing as you (scripture) in a different light.

I've lived a long time and seen many things develop, and the morel breakdown of out western civilization is directly tied to the spreading use of birth control, at first to limit family size then to slowly convert sexual relations from a sacred act within marriage to nothing ore than casual recreational use with no consequences (such as the intended purpose of reproduction) involved and no real limits on it for any moral reasons, just ,as Corwley would say, "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law".

I'm old and won't be around to see the final fulfillment of this trend, unless God wills it otherwise, but you are young and will observe it play out, keep these words in mind as you do.

FWIW, sex without consequences cheapens women in the mind of men, whether they realize it or not, since it turns them into simple objects to pursue and take for pleasure, nothing more than an amusement park ride, in place of their rightful role of carrying on the human race and forming the family as God intended it.

This is my view, and trust me, this was not developed out of religious study but from the lessons learned during my own life before I even thought about becoming religious.

You say many things when you speak and it would be hard to address all of them without writing a major work of some kind, but I'm interested to know how your Rabbi's became the arbiters of sinful behavior and can grant or deny permission at will (and if you are familiar with Catholics how this might relate to their practices of doing the same with their priests, usually involving money for it).

May you find joy during this day and have God as your guide in all you do and think.

On 3/17/2024 at 1:24 AM, Slibhin said:

Who cares what the percentage is? What is the threshold for you before too many women are dying? Judging by your answer, is 10% of women dying acceptable? How about 5%? I think 0% is the correct total in my estimation.

If a Doctor says you may die without an emergency abortion then I say have the abortion period. If the abortion is not to save a life then I do not approve of abortions.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,094
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

On 3/17/2024 at 7:44 AM, Slibhin said:

I intensely dislike this narrative of "These WOMEN, having SEX without CONSEQUENCES"... you're kind of playing your hand here that you think they should be punished if they have sex that you don't personally approve of. I find it pretty misogynistic and I don't want single women having babies they don't want. It is not a useful solution to try and command them not to have sexual relations.

When it's not dangerous for the mother the kid should come first. Why have they only fought for the right to abort and not to decide if you don't want kids and want to get sterilized? It's such an easy solution, but they refuse to do it. They rather abort or force her to be celibate. I heard that a woman wanted a sterilization and got told: no because maybe you meet a man one day and he will not agree. That is crazy. You can even have it reversed if you change your mind.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.95
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

1 hour ago, RdJ said:

When it's not dangerous for the mother the kid should come first. Why have they only fought for the right to abort and not to decide if you don't want kids and want to get sterilized? It's such an easy solution, but they refuse to do it. They rather abort or force her to be celibate. I heard that a woman wanted a sterilization and got told: no because maybe you meet a man one day and he will not agree. That is crazy. You can even have it reversed if you change your mind.

Even simpler. Make the male wear a condom. I know that they are not fool proof.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,094
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

2 hours ago, Rick-Parker said:

Even simpler. Make the male wear a condom. I know that they are not fool proof.

Pill and condom often doesn't work. In Holland the majority of abortions is people with 2 or 3 kids who get another one and that's too much fuzz and often it's the 2nd abortion. They use it like the pill.

2 hours ago, Slibhin said:

Please show me anywhere in the Tanakh that says marital relations are only for reproduction and not for personal recreation.

Does that include just for the fun of it?

Outside of marital relations, even with multiple partners at the same time, not even knowing or remembering who you were with?

In Judaism, are there no limits on what you can do sexually as long as you can avoid the responsibilities -the consequences- of it?

Because that's what it is about, the Godly vs the Ungodly morality of marital vs. unrestrained sexual pursuits outside of any thought or consideration of marriage.

BTW, thanks so much for calling me a Puritan, and I mean that, no one who knew me in my younger (non-Christian) life would do anything but laugh at the idea so it actually affirms to me that I've been doing at least something right for the last 40 or so years.

Hopefully, this conversation isn't upsetting you since that is not my intent.  (consider: as the only representative of Judaism here, you effectively become the closest thing to a valid Rabbi among us and speak for Judaism as such.)

Best wishes for your day, may it be filled with peace.

1 hour ago, RdJ said:

Pill and condom often doesn't work. In Holland the majority of abortions is people with 2 or 3 kids who get another one and that's too much fuzz and often it's the 2nd abortion. They use it like the pill.

That's the problem with abortion as it is today, just another form of birth control to avoid the inconvenience of children.

• Thumbs Up 2