• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

14 minutes ago, TheBlade said:

I'm not saved because I sin or never sin. I am saved because I believe He is who He said He was and where He came from John 3:16/Rom 10:9-10. Sin is fun for a season but what sin does is takes you away from God and then it will kill you. He loves us so much and He knows this is a fallen world. We come to Him as we are not only if we stop sinning first. For me  55y in the lord He has never once made me feel bad or guilty nor condemned me for any sin. The times I got stuck seeing just my sin wanting to walk away from all this.. all He did was tell my how righteous, in right standing with God. Its not how we see our selfs its how He sees us. Its already finished, Christ did it all not us. I don't have any right to sin but He already died for the sin of the world. 

So we are no longer slaves to sin but slaves to righteousness. Your looking at it wrong. Your "works" do not touch salvation. Some do tend to see sin as more powerful then Salvation.  Stop sinning.. like He told the one "go and sin no more least a worse thing come on you". If we focus on the sin that's all we will see. Look at what He already did...focus on Him. This is not a race to see who is the best at not sinning for we all lost already. Who do we rely on, lean on when we fall is what matters. Never take your eyes off Him. Do not get stuck looking at self. Its all Him.. His joy, His strength, His peace, His armor,  His might blah blah blah. 

My wife once said to me about 35y ago "if you love me you would not do that". Just knowing she was right was not good enough. I had to know I was wrong and want to change. I'm getting at .. I don't do good works because I was told to or thats what the bible says. Doing it that way.. well its not good works. It has to be from the heart.. its just in me.. I want to do good things yet there is the other side that loves so sin. Its a fight we do every moment of ever day no one is free YET from it. Its why in Eph we read "And be renewed in the spirit of your mind" and in Phil where we think on these "whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things" and "where we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ”.

We have to do these things 24/7 for sin is always as the door.  So you are in right standing with God not because of good works but what Christ has already done. 

You are a preacher of righteousness, the righteousness that comes by faith in Jesus Christ. Paul understood something and this is, what we owe to one another is Love, because he understood that Jesus does towards those who believe in him, He only can loved them and never judged them. He may disapprove many of the things we do or we ought to do and we do not do while we still live. But always we are his people because we have obeyed the Heavenly Father and we do not just believe in Him but we also believe in his Son Jesus Christ who died on the Cross for the forgiveness of our sins. We are not in the sin of unbelief in Jesus Christ. We believe both in God and the one he sent to die for the forgiveness of our sins, the heir of Heaven Jesus Christ. So we know where we will end up when we die, we will end up in Heaven to be together with Jesus Christ our Savior, the Savior of all the world. In Him (Jesus Christ) we are saved from the condemnation of our sins Amen. 

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  184
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

When anyone believes and for clarity he believes that Jesus died on the Cross for the forgiveness of our sins his sins are not counted against him. Jesus knows everything about him but also knows that he believes in Him that it is a big compliment to Him because He did not died for nothing or the very few. He knows that He is calling also afflicted people to believe in him and hatred is stronger affliction than anyother affliction but He still is calling all people as they are to believe in Him. And not only for eternal Life in the Heavenly but He also wants to help them in this life and if they want to or as much as they want to. And He has given them one less burden not to worry about Hell because no one of anyone who believes in Him is going there and no one to be tormented with these kind of thoughts. But to be happy in this matter and to be happy that the people close to them if they believe that they are people of Jesus Christ. No matter what, our faith in Jesus Christ saves us. Jesus work of redemption through His death on the Cross, and our faith in Him saves us. We need both Jesus Christ dead on the Cross and our faith in Him our faith in Jesus the Son of God who dued for the forgiveness of our sins and whom God raised Him from the dead. God wants us to be happy and to give him Thanksgiving to him for Jesus Christ, and give thanks to Jesus Christ. And He gave us the Holy Spirit to help us in this life to be overcomers, in all things. And He also imputes his righteousness upon us so if anyone even our self looks in our own righteousness and thoughts comes that he is not saved or he can not be saved for the things he does then the believer must remind himself that by his own righteousness he is saved from the things of this world that can afflict the  people, but he is saved from the Judgement because he is cloth in the imputed righteousness,  of Jesus Christ by faith alone. You are not going to be Lost if you smoke or because you drink actually you should drink a little bit and a little bit more. Or if you die from drug overdose or suicide as a believer in the merciful Jesus Christ.   

First I’d like to say I’m a firm believer in God the Almighty Father and his son Christ Jesus who died on the cross and is our savior…. So you think it’s alright for a man to sleep with prostitutes abuse women physically, and mentally do heroin daily smoke cigarettes be an alcoholic and be a greedy selfish man who also abuses children and teaches them to do wrong things and as long as he has faith in Christ and believes and accepts him as there lord and savior it’s ok and that there going to heaven I disagree Jesus taught way differently than that for one he said for those who causes one of his little ones to sin is better off with a heavy stone tied around there neck and thrown into the sea and yes he was all about forgiveness me to I could forgive someone for doing me wrong for anything but it doesn’t mean that they can not ask for forgiveness or not repent and just have faith in Christ and accept him and be saved… sorry for no punctuation.

Edited by faithfull-prophet4040
Wanted to add something to reply

11 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

When anyone believes and for clarity he believes that Jesus died on the Cross for the forgiveness of our sins his sins are not counted against him. Jesus knows everything about him but also knows that he believes in Him that it is a big compliment to Him because He did not died for nothing or the very few. He knows that He is calling also afflicted people to believe in him and hatred is stronger affliction than anyother affliction but He still is calling all people as they are to believe in Him. And not only for eternal Life in the Heavenly but He also wants to help them in this life and if they want to or as much as they want to. And He has given them one less burden not to worry about Hell because no one of anyone who believes in Him is going there and no one to be tormented with these kind of thoughts. But to be happy in this matter and to be happy that the people close to them if they believe that they are people of Jesus Christ. No matter what, our faith in Jesus Christ saves us. Jesus work of redemption through His death on the Cross, and our faith in Him saves us. We need both Jesus Christ dead on the Cross and our faith in Him our faith in Jesus the Son of God who dued for the forgiveness of our sins and whom God raised Him from the dead. God wants us to be happy and to give him Thanksgiving to him for Jesus Christ, and give thanks to Jesus Christ. And He gave us the Holy Spirit to help us in this life to be overcomers, in all things. And He also imputes his righteousness upon us so if anyone even our self looks in our own righteousness and thoughts comes that he is not saved or he can not be saved for the things he does then the believer must remind himself that by his own righteousness he is saved from the things of this world that can afflict the  people, but he is saved from the Judgement because he is cloth in the imputed righteousness,  of Jesus Christ by faith alone. You are not going to be Lost if you smoke or because you drink actually you should drink a little bit and a little bit more. Or if you die from drug overdose or suicide as a believer in the merciful Jesus Christ.   

So you think it’s alright for a man to sleep with prostitutes abuse women physically, and mentally do heroin daily smoke cigarettes be an alcoholic and be a greedy selfish man who also abuses children and teaches them to do wrong things and as long as he has faith in Christ and believes and accepts him as there lord and savior it’s ok and that there going to heaven I disagree Jesus taught way differently than that for one he said for those who causes one of his little ones to sin is better off with a heavy stone tied around there neck and thrown into the sea and yes he was all about forgiveness me to I could forgive someone for doing me wrong for anything but it doesn’t mean that they can not ask for forgiveness or not repent and just have faith in Christ and accept him and be saved… sorry for no punctuation.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,049
  • Content Per Day:  1.61

12 hours ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

The Bible says for we are saved by faith and not by our own works, and true I do believe we are saved by faith, but the Bible also says we must repent and turn from our wicked ways, then put our faith in Christ Jesus to saved. So how can it say we are not saved by works when we have to stop sinning, and we have to repent. Yes I will be the one to say it’s usually done through God putting that spark of light in our hearts, and showing us that sin is wrong not that we don’t already know that sin is wrong, but as men and women we sometimes get lost in sin and sometimes can’t see the wrong we do with a clear mind. Still we do have to do work… For example a drug addiction, it’s hard to come off of drugs, trust me I know, and that takes work, I can’t say I did it alone because without the father I never could have gotten off of drugs, but I still did, and it took work, and if I didn’t get of the drugs I would not have been saved I wouldn’t have been a repented man, and I would still be the the same drug addicted alcoholic cussing pridefull man I was then. Thankfully God put that spark in my heart and helped me through the suffering aka WORK…  I just don’t like it when people seem to think that if they accept Jesus as there lord and savior that it’s ok to sin, yes everybody sins at sometime or another, but drugs drinking smoking lust etc… are not aloud. You will not be saved just by faith without putting in the work to stop, and avoid them things

And I mean no disrespect to the Bible verse nor am I saying what it says is false, I just have a hard time agreeing with it, and was hoping some other Christian’s could shed some light on the subject.

Let me pose a possible answer. I myself and many Christians who believe in OSAS would tell you that REPENT in scripture is NOT referring to repenting of sin ( although I believe that is also very important ) but that Jesus and scripture meant to repent from Unbelief. The word repentance means literally to Change your mind. It is not primarily a change in action but a change in belief. This is consistent with salvation by faith and not by trying to keep the law.

• Interesting! 1

15 minutes ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

Let me pose a possible answer. I myself and many Christians who believe in OSAS would tell you that REPENT in scripture is NOT referring to repenting of sin ( although I believe that is also very important ) but that Jesus and scripture meant to repent from Unbelief. The word repentance means literally to Change your mind. It is not primarily a change in action but a change in belief. This is consistent with salvation by faith and not by trying to keep the law.

Thank you for saying repentance of sin is although still very important, and yes I know that the literal term for repentance means to change one’s mind…  Though I feel it stands for the changing of one’s heart, and to turn from sin.

15 minutes ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

So you think it’s alright for a man to sleep with prostitutes abuse women physically, and mentally do heroin daily smoke cigarettes be an alcoholic and be a greedy selfish man who also abuses children and teaches them to do wrong things and as long as he has faith in Christ and believes and accepts him as there lord and savior it’s ok and that there going to heaven I disagree Jesus taught way differently than that for one he said for those who causes one of his little ones to sin is better off with a heavy stone tied around there neck and thrown into the sea and yes he was all about forgiveness me to I could forgive someone for doing me wrong for anything but it doesn’t mean that they can not ask for forgiveness or not repent and just have faith in Christ and accept him and be saved… sorry for no punctuation.

To begin your post with "so you think..." it's not a just way to address me with, it can be evaluated as a judging statement because I never said that I think anything,I only said what it is supported by scripture. And asking to discuss those scriptures and that what I was expecting. But as it is please bring forth the scripture that it can be discussed in the matters at hand that supports the statements in your post. I never said to any one to go and do these things because he believes because of the tremendous work of Jesus Christ even to die on the Cross for anyone in the whole world as they are to invite them to believe in Him for the forgiveness of their sins.  Jesus has done something that no matter how the dice are rolled the Devil cannot take anyone who believes in Him. Scripture please to the contrary. 

11 minutes ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

Thank you for saying repentance of sin is although still very important, and yes I know that the literal term for repentance means to change one’s mind…  Though I feel it stands for the changing of one’s heart, and to turn from sin.

To turn from sin what it does it saves someone from continuing making the same sin all over again. And all people of the world have experienced that from a very young age but that do not saved anyone from the condemnation of their sin to deny belief in Jesus Christ that he is our Lamb who was Slain for the forgiveness of our sins. There is repentance for believers, who are the children of God in Jesus Christ. And there is repentance from sins for unbelievers but that repentance does not make them children of God in Jesus Christ.  Jesus took the punishment for our sins. This is what they call that He was made the propitiation for our sins, He was punished in our place, He paid the price for our sins, that's who is our Judge and he has the marks to prove it. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,049
  • Content Per Day:  1.61

12 minutes ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

Repenting of unbelief is an instant thing as is salvation, whereas repentance of works is a lifelong thing. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

13 minutes ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

The repentance for the believers is not that they should repent because they are destined to go to Hell as believers if they do not repent. The truth is that we remain in Jesus Christ when we sin because nothing can seperate us from Jesus Christ nothing at all. 

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

Repenting of unbelief is an instant thing as is salvation, whereas repentance of works is a lifelong thing. 

This is why Holy People, ascetic people, who are very careful in their lives, even living away and or separated from the things of this world are invited to believe in Jesus Christ for the things of Jesus Christ the forgiveness of their sins by the blood of the Slain Lamb of God who is Jesus Christ the one God has made the Judge of all people of the world. God is not going to Judge anyone and is not Judging anyone as it is. Even the Holy Spirit is not Judging anyone, have you read the scriptures. God has given all the judgment of the world to Jesus Christ even the people who were born and lived and died before him and someone else had Judge them. With Jesus Christ their judgment will be their final judgment. So he can be the Lord and the Judge of all and the Savior for all who believe in him whose cannot judge but only save them. For the record I did not say anything to anyone of how to live their lives. This is up to them they can know what is right or wrong from many sources. From the teachers in the school from the Judges decision from the Criminal and civic code, and from the news. They cannot and should not rely on their conscience when their conscience is harden even from the need to hate and take revenge to balance the scales according to their judgment. And I said about the Holy people who are in their own understanding of Holiness. And not in Jesus Christ. But as believers in Jesus Christ we have washed our selves from the dust of this world through repentance and we recommend the same thing for others. I have to say that to save my self from the Judgement of those who tent to misjudged me for saying the truth that Jesus payed the price and was punished for our sins. Our chastisement was upon him. The innocent was punished for the quilty to be set free. And we are in him in the innocent one. In Jesus Christ. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt