IGNORED

What was the serpent in the Garden of Eden?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,147
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

When we consider how most snakes hunt their prey --- using stealth and concealment until the moment to strike presents itself --- we can appreciate the allegorical relationship with how the deceiver operates. As for the Lord cursing the serpent, I understand this as a curse which applies specifically to Satan, not innocent creatures of the wild. Animals are not like man; the beasts of the field are innocent in their way. The same does not hold true of us. 

Snakes have their place in the Lord's creation. They are beneficial predators who play a role in controlling the populations of their prey, which is representative of the interplay between predators and prey in the wild. The use of the snake as a scriptural allegory is similar to how the Lord used the goat in the same way. Was He referring to the animal itself? Not at all. He was instead referring to qualities which are evident to anyone with experience dealing with both goats and sheep. The two don't mix... goats will terrorize and injure sheep, so both animals must be separated by the shepherd. This does not mean that goats are inherently bad, for goats have their place in God's creation. 

Edited by Marathoner
typo
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,475
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, Starise said:

I don't get the feeling you wanted a response here. Not sure. 

It's interesting the lack of reptile represented in heaven which may indicate the loss of that particular part which I guess can be inferred from what we see in scripture. If true, then God liked what He made, expecially if He made that form the highest in heaven, and one might infer, either correctly or incorrectly, that the 1/3 were of that same type. This is all pure hyperbol on my part, but internally they are leanings they could be true. 

I dropped into theory territory and decided to delete it because we have all kinds coming here. I think you and I have been around the same subjects in detail and there's a lot of things we could discuss that I know we would click on that would probably not be seen the same elsewhere. Suffice it to say, this subject goes a lot deeper than this.

No, I did not imply I was soliciting a response. But it is nice to have a conversation.

Yes, sir, we could dive deep into the elohim (spiritual family) God created for His purposes. The spiritual realm seems more real and fantastic than our 3D world and existence. Cherubim (beasts) sporting six wings, Seraphim with four wings, what they do with their wings, and so on.

The context and verbiage give us clues on determining if descriptions are literal, symbolic, metaphoric, etc., by verbs (like), adverbs (as), etc. These heavenly creatures seem to be physically literal.

Back on topic: The Bible seems clear that Eden was on the side of God’s holy mountain. As interpreted, the Garden of Eden was also the headwaters of four rivers. Satan himself walked in the holy mountain and the Garden of Eden. It seems the heavenly host and humanity are meant to be one family (spiritual and flesh) interacting. It stands to reason that if Satan had access to the Garden of Eden, other lesser elohim were present, too, speculation, of course.

It is too lengthy to delve into, but I believe Adam was or would have been a member of the Lord’s divine council. As kings and priests in Christ, we will rule and reign with Him, participate in the Lord’s divine council, and be members of it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,854
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

12 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. (2 Corinthians 11:14)

Yes, Lucifer is described with reptilian features as created. As you mention, serpents, dragons, reptiles, and frogs (Dagon) have been feared, reviled, revered, and worshiped for millennia, especially in the East.

As I mentioned, it is interesting to note the symbolic (possibly literal) imagery of the Cherubim Beast creatures mentioned in Heaven: lion, Ox, eagle, white horses, etc. I do not recall any mention of reptile creatures, save Satan. They seem to be absent from heaven.

If my thoughts are accurate, those Cherubim are not only Throne guardians but also “Watchers” of creation. The reptile kingdom no longer has a watcher. Did it initially have a Cherubim Watcher?

Lucifer was created as the Heavenly worship leader, with his pipes (vocals) beyond imagination. His beauty excelled beyond everything God created. He was so beautiful and powerful that he became arrogant and swelled with pride. He endeavors to be co-equal with his creator.

Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. (Romans 1:25)

This last paragraph is not in the bible. I do not understand why you gave it the Romans 1:25 reference. Definitely is not what Paul WROTE. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt

5 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

No, I did not imply I was soliciting a response. But it is nice to have a conversation.

Yes, sir, we could dive deep into the elohim (spiritual family) God created for His purposes. The spiritual realm seems more real and fantastic than our 3D world and existence. Cherubim (beasts) sporting six wings, Seraphim with four wings, what they do with their wings, and so on.

The context and verbiage give us clues on determining if descriptions are literal, symbolic, metaphoric, etc., by verbs (like), adverbs (as), etc. These heavenly creatures seem to be physically literal.

Back on topic: The Bible seems clear that Eden was on the side of God’s holy mountain. As interpreted, the Garden of Eden was also the headwaters of four rivers. Satan himself walked in the holy mountain and the Garden of Eden. It seems the heavenly host and humanity are meant to be one family (spiritual and flesh) interacting. It stands to reason that if Satan had access to the Garden of Eden, other lesser elohim were present, too, speculation, of course.

It is too lengthy to delve into, but I believe Adam was or would have been a member of the Lord’s divine council. As kings and priests in Christ, we will rule and reign with Him, participate in the Lord’s divine council, and be members of it.

The last paragraph it is impossible to digest. And is not the only one. All scripture promotes the glory of the Lord that He reigns. He reigns means that no one reigns above him. Your comments allured his creation is reigning above him telling him what to not do. Which is equal to judgmental critic. It is as if the Lord did not have or does not have a Plan. 

11 hours ago, Marathoner said:

When we consider how most snakes hunt their prey --- using stealth and concealment until the moment to strike presents itself --- we can appreciate the allegorical relationship with how the deceiver operates. As for the Lord cursing the serpent, I understand this as a curse which applies specifically to Satan, not innocent creatures of the wild. Animals are not like man; the beasts of the field are innocent in their way. The same does not hold true of us. 

Snakes have their place in the Lord's creation. They are beneficial predators who play a role in controlling the populations of their prey, which is representative of the interplay between predators and prey in the wild. The use of the snake as a scriptural allegory is similar to how the Lord used the goat in the same way. Was He referring to the animal itself? Not at all. He was instead referring to qualities which are evident to anyone with experience dealing with both goats and sheep. The two don't mix... goats will terrorize and injure sheep, so both animals must be separated by the shepherd. This does not mean that goats are inherently bad, for goats have their place in God's creation. 

I posted the Genesis 3:14-15 for a good reason. The creature is identified as a Serpent and we should keep it that way and there is a reason why as to make the distinction between the other snakes. I agree with what you said it was about the Serpent and not the other kind of snakes and not even about the actual Serpent it self but the Spiritual power which was at work. It cannot be wrong if we call him the Devil. In other parts in scripture is called the Devil. Jesus call him the Devil when in reference to Genesis 3:15 Jesus identified the offspring of the Serpent the Leaders of the Jews who seek to kill him and then throw him in the fire in the Gehenna for his body to be burned that's how much enmity they had against him. Jesus told them that you are from your Father the Devil. He identified who was the offspring of the Serpent-Jesus knew that soon they will put him to death and they will never repent and believe in Him this is why He told them that even though they were born and had forgiveness of their sins in the Sinai Covenant they will die in their sins because after his death there was not anymore forgiveness of sins in the Sinai Covenant and that's why in the day of Pentecost the thousands of those who were visiting Jerusalem together with the Jews in Jerusalem repented for having condemned Jesus or having endorse his death on the Cross and they believed to have their sins forgiven or attone by the blood of Jesus Christ the slain lamb of God the lamb of the Heavenly Passover who gives life the life of God to have life through the forgiveness of their sins in Jesus Christ and at the same time He identified the indentity of the Serpent as the Devil who had disguised him self as the Serpent. Jesus at that time he knew about the prophetic in Genesis 3:15 and He knew with whom He had to deal with or with whom He was dealing with. Jesus knew that the prophetic dwel in Genesis was taking place because He knew that the he was about to die (bruise his heal) Jesus also knew that he was clean and He also knew that all authority will be given to Him including the authority the Devil had till that time because the Devil will be stripped or loose his authority to take mankind by default at the time of their death -Abraham was excluded and his fate had to be decided depending on Jesus Christ being victorious-which it included that the Devil was judging the people at the time of their death. Jesus knew that the Devil was about to be stripped by that authority when He said that the Father has given to the Son of Man to Judged all the people of the world. Crush the head of the Serpent-the head he will loose his authority and will never take it back..At the Revelation one Jesus Christ said I have the keys of Death and Hades. All the judgement is given to Jesus not only according to faith in him or not but also about the works of everyone in the whole world that what Jesus said that he will also judge every one's works from the very beginning. 

14 So the Lord God said to the serpent, “Because you have done this,

“Cursed are you above all livestock
    and all wild animals!
You will crawl on your belly
    and you will eat dust
    all the days of your life.
15 And I will put enmity
    between you and the woman,
    and between your offspring[a] and hers;
he will crush your head,
    and you will strike his heel.” 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

This last paragraph is not in the bible. I do not understand why you gave it the Romans 1:25 reference. Definitely is not what Paul WROTE. 

Not sure what your point is, or the point of the quoted verse,  but . . . . . it is in my bible . . . 

[Rom 1:25 KJV] [25] Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,475
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

The last paragraph it is impossible to digest. And is not the only one. All scripture promotes the glory of the Lord that He reigns. He reigns means that no one reigns above him. Your comments allured his creation is reigning above him telling him what to not do. Which is equal to judgmental critic. It is as if the Lord did not have or does not have a Plan. 

I said nor implied any such thing. Instead of criticizing and being judgmental of someone’s exegesis, would it not be better to ask for clarification, documentation, and explanation? Biblical scholars adapted 50 words I apply to my studies. Hermeneutics, the study of the methodological principles of interpretation (as of the Bible). Exegesis, to explain, interpret, from ex- + hēgeisthai to lead—more at seek] 1619: exposition, explanation especially: an explanation or critical interpretation of a text[1]

Since you expressly point out my last paragraph, rather than express my exegesis in my own words, I will cite some reputable sources for consideration: 

It is too lengthy to delve into, but I believe Adam was or would have been a member of the Lord’s divine council. As kings and priests in Christ, we will rule and reign with Him, participate in the Lord’s divine council, and be members of it.”

The following is a snippet of my study notes that allude to the divine council and who participates in it (past, present, future).

Psalm 89:5–7 says, “The heavens praise your wonders, LORD, your faithfulness too, in the assembly of the holy ones. For who in the skies above can compare with the LORD? Who is like the LORD among the heavenly beings? In the council of the holy ones God is greatly feared; he is more awesome than all who surround him.” These verses present a divine council: heavenly beings referred to as “the council of the holy ones.” Psalm 82:1 also indicates that “God has taken his place in the divine council” (Psalm 82:1, ESV). The “divine council” is also called the “great assembly” (NIV), “heaven’s court” (NLT), and “His own congregation” (NASB).

This divine council could also be referenced in Nehemiah 9:6, which says, “You alone are the LORD; You have made heaven, The heaven of heavens, with all their host, The earth and everything on it, The seas and all that is in them, And You preserve them all. The host of heaven worships You” (NKJV). The “host” of the “heaven of heavens” are most likely angelic beings. God is the Lord of hosts (Psalm 24:10Isaiah 44:6). The God who presides in the heavenly council is sovereign over all, including the spiritual beings in His divine council.

Other passages of Scripture describe scenes that could be interpreted as a meeting of the divine council. In Job 1:6, a conclave is held in heaven: “One day the angels came to present themselves before the Lord.” In 1 Kings 22:19, the prophet Micaiah relates a vision: “I saw the Lord sitting on his throne with all the multitudes of heaven standing around him on his right and on his left.” Micaiah goes on to describe how the spiritual beings there suggested various means of accomplishing God’s will, and God chose one spirit to carry out the task. In Daniel 4:17, the angels present a decision made by the divine council: “This decision is by the decree of the watchers, and the sentence by the word of the holy ones, in order that the living may know that the Most High rules in the kingdom of men, gives it to whomever He will, and sets over it the lowest of men” (NKJV). The divine council was in God’s presence and was given the task of deciding Nebuchadnezzar’s judgment and communicating the verdict to Daniel in a dream.

God does not need a divine council to give Him ideas or to approve His decisions. He is the omniscient God Almighty. In His wisdom, God has created a divine council to stand in His presence and graciously allows them to participate in various judgments and decrees.

It is a wonder that God allows created beings to be privy to His ways and even have input in His plan. The divine council is privileged to participate in God’s plans, and, to an extent, so are we: “The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective” (James 5:16). And God chooses to use us as ministers of reconciliation in the sharing of the gospel: “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit” (Matthew 28:18–19; cf. 2 Corinthians 5:18).

2 Chr. 18:18-22 The divine council is also known as the heavenly host, the Sod, or the sons of God. The divine council of Yahweh is an assembly of divine, spiritual beings over which Yahweh, the One true God, presides. These beings participate in making decisions with Yahweh, execute these decisions in creation, and rule over creation on Yahweh’s behalf.

This term, although not found in the Bible, is best illustrated with reference to the famous prologue in Job 1–2, where “the sons of God” present themselves before the Lord. Heiser’s work has been lauded by such established evangelical scholars as Darrell L. Bock, John Goldingay, and Tremper Longman III. It has also received favorable reviews in Themelios, the Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society, and the Review of Biblical Literature. In his book, Heiser presents the divine council as an assembly of lesser divine figures, presided by a higher, supreme being.1

1www.gotquestions.org

Describing the Indescribable

In the distant past, God disinherited the nations of earth as his co-ruling family, the original Edenic design, choosing instead to create a new family from Abraham (Deut 32:8–9). The disinherited nations were put under the authority of lesser elohim, divine sons of God. When they became corrupt, they were sentenced to mortality (Psa 82:6–8). The Old Testament is basically a record of the long war between Yahweh and the gods, and between Yahweh’s children and the nations, to re-establish the original Edenic design.

The victory at Armageddon of the returning incarnate Yahweh over the Beast (antichrist) who directed the nations against Yahweh’s holy city is the event that topples the elohim from their thrones. It is the day of Yahweh, the time when all that is wicked is judged and when those who believe and overcome replace the disloyal sons of God. The kingdom is ready for full, earthly realization under a reconstituted divine council whose members include glorified believers. The full mass of believing humanity will experience a new Edenic world in a resurrected, celestial state.

What was ruined by the fall is restored—and made irreversible—by the incarnation of Yahweh, his atoning death, and his resurrection. But all that is relatively easy to talk about when compared to passages that deal with what comes last and remains forever.

How do you describe the indescribable? Paul grasped the problem clearly. I still like the King James Version of his sentiments for their rhythmic, almost lyrical quality:

Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him (1 Cor 2:9 kjv ).1

1 Heiser, M. S. (2015). The Unseen Realm: Recovering the Supernatural Worldview of the Bible (First Edition, p. 376). Lexham Press.

The maintenance of justice and righteousness is the foundation of the universe, the responsibility of the divine council, and the issue upon which hang both the stability of the universe and the stability and effective reality of the divine world.… It is against this background that one must look at one of the texts in which the council of Yahweh is most explicitly present, Psalm 82. It takes place entirely in the world of the gods, although what is clear from the story is that that world is totally ruled and controlled by the Lord. The psalm depicts a meeting of the “divine council” (v. 1) in which God rises and pronounces judgment on the gods. The reason for the verdict against them is spelled out in detail and unambiguous. The divine ones, the gods who are supposed to provide for order/righteousness among the peoples of the earth, have utterly failed to do so. They have shown partiality to the wicked and failed to maintain the right of the poor and the weak. The consequence of this is stated to be a shaking of the foundations of the world.… The text assumes that justice as the center of world order is a responsibility of the divine world as a whole. Failure to bring that about calls into question the divine world. Indeed its consequence is a decree against the divine world that relativizes it and renders the divine ones mortal. The gods are condemned to death. The fate of the divine world, of gods as well as of human beings, is determined in the divine council.

The most dramatic instance of council members participating in God’s governance of the world is associated with judgment. According to Deuteronomy 32:8–9, members of the heavenly host were assigned as administrators of the nations:

When the Most High gave to the nations their inheritance,

when he divided mankind,

he fixed the borders of the peoples

according to the number of the sons of God.

But the Lord’s portion is his people,

Jacob his allotted heritage.1

1 Michael S. Heiser, Angels: What the Bible Really Says about God’s Heavenly Host (Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2018), 44–45.

[1] Merriam-Webster, Inc. Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary., Eleventh ed., Merriam-Webster, Inc., 2003.

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

I said nor implied any such thing. Instead of criticizing and being judgmental of someone’s exegesis, would it not be better to ask for clarification, documentation, and explanation? Biblical scholars adapted 50 words I apply to my studies. Hermeneutics, the study of the methodological principles of interpretation (as of the Bible). Exegesis, to explain, interpret, from ex- + hēgeisthai to lead—more at seek] 1619: exposition, explanation especially: an explanation or critical interpretation of a text[1]

Since you expressly point out my last paragraph, rather than express my exegesis in my own words, I will cite some reputable sources for consideration: 

It is too lengthy to delve into, but I believe Adam was or would have been a member of the Lord’s divine council. As kings and priests in Christ, we will rule and reign with Him, participate in the Lord’s divine council, and be members of it.”

The following is a snippet of my study notes that allude to the divine council and who participates in it (past, present, future).

Psalm 89:5–7 says, “The heavens praise your wonders, LORD, your faithfulness too, in the assembly of the holy ones. For who in the skies above can compare with the LORD? Who is like the LORD among the heavenly beings? In the council of the holy ones God is greatly feared; he is more awesome than all who surround him.” These verses present a divine council: heavenly beings referred to as “the council of the holy ones.” Psalm 82:1 also indicates that “God has taken his place in the divine council” (Psalm 82:1, ESV). The “divine council” is also called the “great assembly” (NIV), “heaven’s court” (NLT), and “His own congregation” (NASB).

This divine council could also be referenced in Nehemiah 9:6, which says, “You alone are the LORD; You have made heaven, The heaven of heavens, with all their host, The earth and everything on it, The seas and all that is in them, And You preserve them all. The host of heaven worships You” (NKJV). The “host” of the “heaven of heavens” are most likely angelic beings. God is the Lord of hosts (Psalm 24:10Isaiah 44:6). The God who presides in the heavenly council is sovereign over all, including the spiritual beings in His divine council.

Other passages of Scripture describe scenes that could be interpreted as a meeting of the divine council. In Job 1:6, a conclave is held in heaven: “One day the angels came to present themselves before the Lord.” In 1 Kings 22:19, the prophet Micaiah relates a vision: “I saw the Lord sitting on his throne with all the multitudes of heaven standing around him on his right and on his left.” Micaiah goes on to describe how the spiritual beings there suggested various means of accomplishing God’s will, and God chose one spirit to carry out the task. In Daniel 4:17, the angels present a decision made by the divine council: “This decision is by the decree of the watchers, and the sentence by the word of the holy ones, in order that the living may know that the Most High rules in the kingdom of men, gives it to whomever He will, and sets over it the lowest of men” (NKJV). The divine council was in God’s presence and was given the task of deciding Nebuchadnezzar’s judgment and communicating the verdict to Daniel in a dream.

God does not need a divine council to give Him ideas or to approve His decisions. He is the omniscient God Almighty. In His wisdom, God has created a divine council to stand in His presence and graciously allows them to participate in various judgments and decrees.

It is a wonder that God allows created beings to be privy to His ways and even have input in His plan. The divine council is privileged to participate in God’s plans, and, to an extent, so are we: “The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective” (James 5:16). And God chooses to use us as ministers of reconciliation in the sharing of the gospel: “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit” (Matthew 28:18–19; cf. 2 Corinthians 5:18).

2 Chr. 18:18-22 The divine council is also known as the heavenly host, the Sod, or the sons of God. The divine council of Yahweh is an assembly of divine, spiritual beings over which Yahweh, the One true God, presides. These beings participate in making decisions with Yahweh, execute these decisions in creation, and rule over creation on Yahweh’s behalf.

This term, although not found in the Bible, is best illustrated with reference to the famous prologue in Job 1–2, where “the sons of God” present themselves before the Lord. Heiser’s work has been lauded by such established evangelical scholars as Darrell L. Bock, John Goldingay, and Tremper Longman III. It has also received favorable reviews in Themelios, the Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society, and the Review of Biblical Literature. In his book, Heiser presents the divine council as an assembly of lesser divine figures, presided by a higher, supreme being.1

1www.gotquestions.org

Describing the Indescribable

In the distant past, God disinherited the nations of earth as his co-ruling family, the original Edenic design, choosing instead to create a new family from Abraham (Deut 32:8–9). The disinherited nations were put under the authority of lesser elohim, divine sons of God. When they became corrupt, they were sentenced to mortality (Psa 82:6–8). The Old Testament is basically a record of the long war between Yahweh and the gods, and between Yahweh’s children and the nations, to re-establish the original Edenic design.

The victory at Armageddon of the returning incarnate Yahweh over the Beast (antichrist) who directed the nations against Yahweh’s holy city is the event that topples the elohim from their thrones. It is the day of Yahweh, the time when all that is wicked is judged and when those who believe and overcome replace the disloyal sons of God. The kingdom is ready for full, earthly realization under a reconstituted divine council whose members include glorified believers. The full mass of believing humanity will experience a new Edenic world in a resurrected, celestial state.

What was ruined by the fall is restored—and made irreversible—by the incarnation of Yahweh, his atoning death, and his resurrection. But all that is relatively easy to talk about when compared to passages that deal with what comes last and remains forever.

How do you describe the indescribable? Paul grasped the problem clearly. I still like the King James Version of his sentiments for their rhythmic, almost lyrical quality:

Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him (1 Cor 2:9 kjv ).1

1 Heiser, M. S. (2015). The Unseen Realm: Recovering the Supernatural Worldview of the Bible (First Edition, p. 376). Lexham Press.

The maintenance of justice and righteousness is the foundation of the universe, the responsibility of the divine council, and the issue upon which hang both the stability of the universe and the stability and effective reality of the divine world.… It is against this background that one must look at one of the texts in which the council of Yahweh is most explicitly present, Psalm 82. It takes place entirely in the world of the gods, although what is clear from the story is that that world is totally ruled and controlled by the Lord. The psalm depicts a meeting of the “divine council” (v. 1) in which God rises and pronounces judgment on the gods. The reason for the verdict against them is spelled out in detail and unambiguous. The divine ones, the gods who are supposed to provide for order/righteousness among the peoples of the earth, have utterly failed to do so. They have shown partiality to the wicked and failed to maintain the right of the poor and the weak. The consequence of this is stated to be a shaking of the foundations of the world.… The text assumes that justice as the center of world order is a responsibility of the divine world as a whole. Failure to bring that about calls into question the divine world. Indeed its consequence is a decree against the divine world that relativizes it and renders the divine ones mortal. The gods are condemned to death. The fate of the divine world, of gods as well as of human beings, is determined in the divine council.

The most dramatic instance of council members participating in God’s governance of the world is associated with judgment. According to Deuteronomy 32:8–9, members of the heavenly host were assigned as administrators of the nations:

When the Most High gave to the nations their inheritance,

when he divided mankind,

he fixed the borders of the peoples

according to the number of the sons of God.

But the Lord’s portion is his people,

Jacob his allotted heritage.1

1 Michael S. Heiser, Angels: What the Bible Really Says about God’s Heavenly Host (Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2018), 44–45.

[1] Merriam-Webster, Inc. Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary., Eleventh ed., Merriam-Webster, Inc., 2003.

I appreciate your response and the study which is one sided and there is no input from a contrary source. 

When I pointed out that last paragraph in that post which has a bible reference to Romans 1:25 it was not for nothing but it was for a good reason and I pointed out that this is not what Paul WROTE. If you please give your reasons that indeed it is what Paul WROTE. And this is why I said that. 

The Romans verse in 1:25 begins with a word that refers to the context of the verses directly above from verse 18 to 24. It is about the Nations of the world and more specific those nations Paul got to know. The Idolaters who worship the created things and not the creator. In verse 25 Paul is referring about their idolatrous religious beliefs. 

New International Version

NIV 1:25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

And this is why I took objection to "the last paragraph on the post in question because in that post  Paul wrote about the people of the idolatrous nations about human beings. And in your posting the verse 25 it was referring to a specific being who is not a human. It was all about a specific being and in the singular form. Paul was referring to what he had witnessed by visiting the Gentile Nations who were worshiping the creation instead of the Creator. Paul is referring to the religious beliefs of the Gentiles and it was about the Gentiles about other humans.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  290
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

always believed that the serpent was a snake and the demon that became Satan just made it seem the serpent was speaking.

\

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  290
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Here's a question, of all the animals in the garden. Why did Satan choose to use a serpent?