IGNORED

What was the serpent in the Garden of Eden?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,859
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, Ray12614 said:

Not sure what your point is, or the point of the quoted verse,  but . . . . . it is in my bible . . . 

[Rom 1:25 KJV] [25] Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

@Ray12614

New International Version
They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

The apostle Paul WROTE Romans 1:25 to  summarize what he wrote about in verses 18-24. In those verses He wrote what he had witnessed in his travels through the idolatrous Gentile Nations who were worshiping the creation instead of the Creator. For that reason and within that context the verse 25 it must be in the plural form as in the NIV and the 98% versions of the Bible. Reading the first word of verse 25 the reader imediatly should understand that it is about some people as it should be in plural form as the verses directly above are referring to the Idolatrous Gentile Nations. But without knowing what the verses above say but only that is referring to some people and then reading that they worship the created things instead of the Creator it should from General knowledge understood that the "They" the first word in verse 25 applies to people of the Gentile Nations and the Romans are one of them. It was a direct attack to the Idolatrous Romans but Paul wrote it in a suggestive form not to offensive,  because Paul was in Rome but in any case he wrote this to Romans and perhaps to Roman believers or to believers of that time. Which was a true observation as Paul was an eye witness of the people worshiping the Created things instead of the Creator. That infamous last paragraph I referred to erroneously referred that the Romans 1:25 it makes reference to one and the first word "who" which can apply to a singular or plural and it can be made clear by what it follows. The last paragraph in that post erroneously said that Romans 1:25 is referring to a specific being who is not even a human being. And it said that that being was worshiping the created things than the Creator. Which is not the reason Paul WROTE this verse. Then it is true that Paul had the Gentile people in his reference and it was about them as he referred to them in the previous verses and his posting had nothing to do with that specific being who is not a human being. PAUL HAD THE GENTILE PEOPLE IN MIND. Paul did not referred to that specific being who is not a human being. Who is not in the context of Paul 's writing at all in that chapter from 18-24.

Edited by Your closest friendnt
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,181
  • Content Per Day:  7.08
  • Days Won:  98

14 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I posted the Genesis 3:14-15 for a good reason. The creature is identified as a Serpent and we should keep it that way and there is a reason why as to make the distinction between the other snakes. I agree with what you said it was about the Serpent and not the other kind of snakes and not even about the actual Serpent it self but the Spiritual power which was at work. It cannot be wrong if we call him the Devil. In other parts in scripture is called the Devil. Jesus call him the Devil when in reference to Genesis 3:15 Jesus identified the offspring of the Serpent the Leaders of the Jews who seek to kill him and then throw him in the fire in the Gehenna for his body to be burned that's how much enmity they had against him. Jesus told them that you are from your Father the Devil. He identified who was the offspring of the Serpent-Jesus knew that soon they will put him to death and they will never repent and believe in Him this is why He told them that even though they were born and had forgiveness of their sins in the Sinai Covenant they will die in their sins because after his death there was not anymore forgiveness of sins in the Sinai Covenant and that's why in the day of Pentecost the thousands of those who were visiting Jerusalem together with the Jews in Jerusalem repented for having condemned Jesus or having endorse his death on the Cross and they believed to have their sins forgiven or attone by the blood of Jesus Christ the slain lamb of God the lamb of the Heavenly Passover who gives life the life of God to have life through the forgiveness of their sins in Jesus Christ and at the same time He identified the indentity of the Serpent as the Devil who had disguised him self as the Serpent. Jesus at that time he knew about the prophetic in Genesis 3:15 and He knew with whom He had to deal with or with whom He was dealing with. Jesus knew that the prophetic dwel in Genesis was taking place because He knew that the he was about to die (bruise his heal) Jesus also knew that he was clean and He also knew that all authority will be given to Him including the authority the Devil had till that time because the Devil will be stripped or loose his authority to take mankind by default at the time of their death -Abraham was excluded and his fate had to be decided depending on Jesus Christ being victorious-which it included that the Devil was judging the people at the time of their death. Jesus knew that the Devil was about to be stripped by that authority when He said that the Father has given to the Son of Man to Judged all the people of the world. Crush the head of the Serpent-the head he will loose his authority and will never take it back..At the Revelation one Jesus Christ said I have the keys of Death and Hades. All the judgement is given to Jesus not only according to faith in him or not but also about the works of everyone in the whole world that what Jesus said that he will also judge every one's works from the very beginning. 

14 So the Lord God said to the serpent, “Because you have done this,

“Cursed are you above all livestock
    and all wild animals!
You will crawl on your belly
    and you will eat dust
    all the days of your life.
15 And I will put enmity
    between you and the woman,
    and between your offspring[a] and hers;
he will crush your head,
    and you will strike his heel.” 

There is an excellent reason why I differentiated between the serpent and snakes, my friend. Many traditionally associate the serpent in the garden with the reptilian animal, as if snakes were "cursed" by God to slither along the ground and eat dust (they don't eat dust). I understand why you don't think that was needed, but then I felt that it was. Thank you for sharing! 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Chances are even if no animal spoke eve wouldn't run...there was no death and no reason to fear anything, so a talking animal probably wouldn't be anything more then a curiousity. In fact, that maybe why eve chose to take the time to converse with it instead of moving on.

In keeping with extolling the virtues of snakes --- the animal that God created --- allow me to share an example of how snakes control the population of other snakes. I'll never forget the non-venomous bull snake in the mountains of New Mexico. Yes, this particular snake can reach over 7 feet long when fully grown, but they were rather docile around me and my adopted mother. Her plot of land had the distinction of being entirely rattlesnake-free, which was noteworthy in that region where rattlesnakes were ubiquitous. I understood why: bull snakes drive out the rattlesnakes from their territory. They are sometimes known to prey upon them as well, though not to the extent that legends claim. King snakes (another non-venomous reptile) are the premier predators of other snakes, particularly venomous varieties like copperheads. 

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,859
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

@Marathoner

Greetings to you. This is a copy from my post perhaps you miss it. On the 7th line from the top of my post.

. I agree with what you said it was about the Serpent and not the other kind of snakes and not even about the actual Serpent it self but the Spiritual power which was at work. 

and I continued to identify the identification of the spiritual power who fanifested it self as a Serpent. The High Priest in Egypt were worshiping that power and their emblem was the serpent and the Pharaoh skepter had the Serpent and their head gear had the Serpent. And their was emnity between the children of God and the children of the Serpent. And the dwel of the God's of Egypt with the God of Moses who were worshiping the power who  manifested as the Serpent. That was about a spiritual power in the Garden. That's the point it was about the spiritual power and about the one who was behind the spiritual power who had fallen from Heaven and the saying that he will eat the dust of the earth or crawl on the earth it is about a spiritual message and it was said at the right time after the fall of man. God promised to provide a Savior for man and a Heavenly Inheritance for the earthly man. But for the one behind the Serpent who had fallen from Heaven the judgment was he will remain on earth forever that He will be kick out from the Heavenly and be on the earth forever. That the man who was earthly will inherit Heaven- we understand that this is only for the believers but He who was Heavenly will forever be on earth. No plan of redemption for him. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

2 hours ago, Marathoner said:

In keeping with extolling the virtues of snakes --- the animal that God created --- allow me to share an example of how snakes control the population of other snakes. I'll never forget the non-venomous bull snake in the mountains of New Mexico. Yes, this particular snake can reach over 7 feet long when fully grown, but they were rather docile around me and my adopted mother. Her plot of land had the distinction of being entirely rattlesnake-free, which was noteworthy in that region where rattlesnakes were ubiquitous. I understood why: bull snakes drive out the rattlesnakes from their territory. They are sometimes known to prey upon them as well, though not to the extent that legends claim. King snakes (another non-venomous reptile) are the premier predators of other snakes, particularly venomous varieties like copperheads. 

Indeed, bullsnakes are a fan favorite of farmers and ranchers in Wyoming for the same reason. They will usually chase out the much smaller prairie rattler we deal with.

Though I have run across a couple aggressive bullsnakes. I was fishing at a local reservoir with my dad and one of my brothers last summer. We were in a little cove. A 3 1/2 foot bullsnakes swam straight across the cove to where my dad and brother was, came ashore and proceeded to attack them. They even stepped away from it and it followed them. At least until I came along and beat it to death with a pry bar.

As much as I hate snakes I generally leave bullsnakes alone because they are a good snake most of the time (as far as snakes go) but this one certainly didn't like us. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,969
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

4 hours ago, Know Jah said:

always believed that the serpent was a snake and the demon that became Satan just made it seem the serpent was speaking.

\

Yeah, and Eve didn't freak out, quite the opposite, so innocent.

38 minutes ago, The_Patriot21 said:

Indeed, bullsnakes are a fan favorite of farmers and ranchers in Wyoming for the same reason. They will usually chase out the much smaller prairie rattler we deal with.

Though I have run across a couple aggressive bullsnakes. I was fishing at a local reservoir with my dad and one of my brothers last summer. We were in a little cove. A 3 1/2 foot bullsnakes swam straight across the cove to where my dad and brother was, came ashore and proceeded to attack them. They even stepped away from it and it followed them. At least until I came along and beat it to death with a pry bar.

As much as I hate snakes I generally leave bullsnakes alone because they are a good snake most of the time (as far as snakes go) but this one certainly didn't like us. 

The bull snakes on her land knew us pretty well. I especially liked to see them hanging around her gardens and the greenhouse which told me that they were performing a valuable service.

That snake might have had eggs nearby. I remember when the biggest bull snake laid eggs under her house in the crawlspace. One day I heard hissing... and I watched the youngest dog run away with his tail between his legs. The mother snake told him off for coming too close to her eggs. :kanoso:

• Thumbs Up 1