dad2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  290
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

Don't believe the Israel God will gather is Natural/fleshly Israel but Spiritual Israel - Galatians 6:16  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,791
  • Content Per Day:  1.03

On 4/20/2024 at 2:37 AM, dad2 said:

The first time was the captivity in Babylon. This seems to make it clear that any other gatherings are not of God. For example they are gathered there today.

Isa 11:11 The verse tells of a second time God will gather Jewish people.

Isaiah 11:11 tells of a second time God will gather His people. Isaiah 11:16, informs us that the first gathering was from Egypt, not Babylon. Keep in mind, Isaiah's time was prior to Israel's expulsion to Babylon, and so Isaiah 11:11 would not be referring to a 2nd gathering, if the return from Babylon represented the first gathering.

Isaiah 11:11 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea.

Isaiah 11:16  And there shall be an highway for the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria; like as it was to Israel in the day that he came up out of the land of Egypt.

Edited by luigi

On 4/23/2024 at 9:54 AM, Know Jah said:

Don't believe the Israel God will gather is Natural/fleshly Israel but Spiritual Israel - Galatians 6:16  

It's a remnant from spiritual Israel, which includes a remnant of full blooded Jews, who are among spiritual Israel, whom God will gather from the four corners of the world, and four winds of heaven.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,509
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, luigi said:

Isaiah 11:11 tells of a second time God will gather His people. Isaiah 11:16, informs us that the first gathering was from Egypt, not Babylon. Keep in mind, Isaiah's time was prior to Israel's expulsion to Babylon, and so Isaiah 11:11 would not be referring to a 2nd gathering, if the return from Babylon represented the first gathering.

Isaiah 11:11 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea.

Isaiah 11:16  And there shall be an highway for the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria; like as it was to Israel in the day that he came up out of the land of Egypt.

Looking at other verses in Isa 11 we actually see the timeframe is the end of the world and no other possible time

Isaiah 11:15

And the Lord shall utterly destroy the tongue of the Egyptian sea; and with his mighty wind shall he shake his hand over the river, and shall smite it in the seven streams, and make men go over dryshod.

Isaiah 11:16
And there shall be an highway for the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria; like as it was to Israel in the day that he came up out of the land of Egypt.

There is no doubt whatsoever

Isaiah 11:9

They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord , as the waters cover the sea.

Isaiah 11:10
And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

Just look at what unbelieving Israel today, that does not have the love of God in them is doing to Gaza. One cannot say nothing shall hurt now!

Edited by dad2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  290
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

perhaps there are some natural Jews in spiritual Israel. However spiritual Israel don't believe the same things as natural Israel.

1 hour ago, dad2 said:

Looking at other verses in Isa 11 we actually see the timeframe is the end of the world and no other possible time

Isaiah 11:15

And the Lord shall utterly destroy the tongue of the Egyptian sea; and with his mighty wind shall he shake his hand over the river, and shall smite it in the seven streams, and make men go over dryshod.

Isaiah 11:16
And there shall be an highway for the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria; like as it was to Israel in the day that he came up out of the land of Egypt.

There is no doubt whatsoever

Isaiah 11:9

They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord , as the waters cover the sea.

Isaiah 11:10
And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

Just look at what unbelieving Israel today, that does not have the love of God in them is doing to Gaza. One cannot say nothing shall hurt now!

I totally agree with you there dad2. The events and 2nd gathering in Isaiah 11 are during the end of this current world order.

9 hours ago, luigi said:

I totally agree with you there dad2. The events and 2nd gathering in Isaiah 11 are during the end of this current world order.

Great. So that means that the second time God gathers them is at this end time. The people who claimed God gathered Israel in 1948 were wrong. I would say their actions today prove that they have no connection to God in any direct or real way

10 hours ago, dad2 said:

Great. So that means that the second time God gathers them is at this end time. The people who claimed God gathered Israel in 1948 were wrong. I would say their actions today prove that they have no connection to God in any direct or real way

Correct, the 1948 formation of the current nation of Israel does not constitute the 2nd gathering of the faithful. There are, however, many among those in the land of Israel today who do believe in loving their neighbor, and doing justly. These individuals, though they may not think they believe in Jesus, are like the Samaritan in Luke 10, and the sheep in Matthew 25:34-40, who were not aware that their belief in loving their neighbor, was faith in God, and so will inherit Gods kingdom.

5 hours ago, luigi said:

Correct, the 1948 formation of the current nation of Israel does not constitute the 2nd gathering of the faithful. There are, however, many among those in the land of Israel today who do believe in loving their neighbor, and doing justly. These individuals, though they may not think they believe in Jesus, are like the Samaritan in Luke 10, and the sheep in Matthew 25:34-40, who were not aware that their belief in loving their neighbor, was faith in God, and so will inherit Gods kingdom.

So I guess you could say that about the Palestinians and all people on earth as well. However works do not save anyone. So the folks who donated water and food in the end were saved by belief in Jesus just as everyone else. No exceptions.

You see the folks He was talking to were already saved and gathered up.  

Mat 25: 33  And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34  Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

2 hours ago, dad2 said:

So I guess you could say that about the Palestinians and all people on earth as well. However works do not save anyone. So the folks who donated water and food in the end were saved by belief in Jesus just as everyone else. No exceptions.

You see the folks He was talking to were already saved and gathered up.  

Mat 25: 33  And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34  Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

All I know is that as God is love according to 1 John 4:8 & 16,-- then individuals who believe in loving their neighbor, as are the examples of the Samaritan in Luke 10, and the sheep in Matthew 25:34-40, who inherit the kingdom of heaven; then so are they who believe in loving their neighbor throughout the world who shall inherit the kingdom of heaven.

The inverse for this also holds true, where individuals who thought they believed in Christ, but did not believe in loving their neighbor, and therefore did not really believe in God who is love; --the Lord (love), shall inform them that He (love) never knew them (Matthew 7:21-23).

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.