Crusader4Christ

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

Jesus always taught to love one another. He wanted us to love our neighbours and enemies alike. Jesus loved, so can you.

Matthew 5:44 "But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them that despitefully use you, and persecute you;"

Later in Matthew, Jesus mentions that besides loving Him and the Father, the

second greatest commandment is love your neighbours. John also says this in

the book of John.

Matthew 23:37-39 "Jesus said unto them, Thou shalt love the Lord

thy God, with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt

love thy neighbour as thyself."

John 15:12 "This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I

have loved you."

Ephesians talks about loving one another as well, but also how God loves us.

Ephesians 4:2 "With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;"

Ephesians 4:29 "Let no corruptness proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers."

Ephesians 4:32 "And be ye kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you."

Ephesians 5:1-2 "Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;

And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given Himself for us offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour."

After hearing all this, we should know, love is the most important emotion to

have. Love is what Jesus taught us to have. It is what will save us.

God bless you brothers and sisters.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I like reading the message boards here. This is an inspiraton to me. Thanks for doing such a good job teaching us on love.

I know when my next door nieghbor is being unloving. I tell myself, "Jesus loves her and He told you in the Word to love her". And I do things to show her that I love her.

I know from reading all the scripture you used in your message above this reply that if we can do this little bit of obediance to the Lord that it would mean alot to him.

I live in a senior apartment complex that is predominatly Catholic as it is connected to the Catholic Church. I could not live here if I were full of strife.

I do not know why God placed me here, but I am a pentecostal and I have been here for 4 yrs. I have to love the people that live here or I would have to move. There is no choice in this matter.

Don't get me wrong, I do not have to rent this apartment here, but I like it here very much. It is a challange to live here. I see an opportunity to witness to people that are ages 62 to 92 and they do not know the Lord. So how else to reach them but to love them to Christ.

I totally agree that this is not a choice for us if we accept the sacrafice of Jesus and call ourselves to be his children then there is no other way to behave ourselves but to be obediant children and love each other and the lost too.

Thank you Part.

I hope you do witness unto those catholics with love. God probably did put you there for a reason.

God bless you sister.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Ah....however, the love with which we should love others is not our human love based on emotion, which is fallen, fickle and untrustworthy. The love with which we love others can only be God's eternal love (Agape). :wub:

Agape, unconditional love!

It is still an emotion, but an emotion Jesus and God displays. Our love is different than Jesus' was and is. His is unconditional, pure, and has no boundaries or exclusions. Our love is conditional, not really pure, and has many boundaries, and we love only when we are loved back.

Jesus loves us so much that He gave up His life for our sins to be washed

clean! That is unconditional love! Jesus didn't have to, put He did, because

He didn't want any of His people to be damned to eternal hellfire.

John 15:13

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

Jesus did exactly this. Aren't you happy that Jesus gave up His life for you to

have notthing against you, to have all of your iniquities and immoralities

washed clean?

I know I am! I am eternally greatful. Jesus has given me a clean slate, a fresh

new start!

God bless you brother.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

Ahhh...all I have to do is look into my childrens eyes and I feel that unconditional love....I often think as I am gazing at them that this is how God loves us :il: We are His children.

Love and Blessings

Angel H.

• Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

It is always a blessing to read what the Word says about love. Something deep inside rises up and grabs me because I know the One who is Love. I am ever thankful that He told us that love is the fulfilling of the law...then He wrote in on my heart with His Son, changing this stony heart into one of flesh. Then sealed it with His Spirit that teaches us how to love.

One of my favorites that Jesus said is, "He who has been forgiven much, loves much."

Yet even then, sometimes I have to ask Him to help me love more...then He puts me in places where I have too.

:il:

And Angel, yes, how wonderful it is to see the love in a childs eyes. I too have been blessed with such a joyful experience. I wouldn't trade one day of the joy of raising children...even when they were racing through the house yelling things like, "Mom! He won't give me my toy!" Or," I didn't do it , she did..no he did..." :noidea: Dandelion bouquets and flowers from the neighbors favorite flower bed were some of the wonders of my children's innocent, trusting, humble ways of showing love. Nope, I wouldn't trade a day. (Even my neighbors were blessed with the wonder of a child picking their flowers for a bouquet for mom...yes..I had to scold for tresspassing...but hugged for the thought.)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Living Sacrifice

I want to thank you as well C4C.

I've had a bad morning...

...and when I read this, even though I was yelled at by my lost grandfather, and somewhat persecuted for having faith in my God... I still need to love and pray fro him.

We sometimes forget about true love, ya know...

This is true, brother. That's why we must ask the Lord to give us the power to

love like the Lord loved us. I know it can be very hard to love our enemies, but

remember this: Jesus sat with sinners, spoke to sinners, supped with sinners,

and He loved them. He came to save the sinners, not those who are already

saved.

God bless you brother.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  144
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

What are some specific things we can do to show our love? Also, how do we demonstrate our love and not be a doormat (or is being a doormat expected - you know turn the other cheek?) :rofl: