IGNORED

Lord It's Hard To Be Humble ( But I'm doing the best that I can).

Neighbor

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,734
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi all , Needing a little comic relief from the pomposity of views on this subject and that including my own, I gained relief this morning in the form of the parody song by Willie Nelson.  Secular though it may be, I find it profoundly funny in that it points out who the enemy is; or as Pogo said  in the Sunday comics of old "I have found the enemy and it is me".

• Haha 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,227
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

Love this song. We have a Dutch version and only a few years ago I saw that he just stole it. The original is even better. My mom often sang it.

• Interesting! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,670
  • Content Per Day:  12.17
  • Days Won:  31

2 hours ago, RdJ said:

Love this song. We have a Dutch version and only a few years ago I saw that he just stole it. The original is even better. My mom often sang it.

I always think that the passage about the Lord Jesus humbling Himself and becoming obedient unto death, even the death of the cross (Philippians 2) puts the subject into excellent perspective.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,072
  • Content Per Day:  3.29
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi all , Needing a little comic relief from the pomposity of views on this subject and that including my own

I once asked a dog why he barks. He barked at me. I wondered why he couldn't just be human for once. And so it is with the unregenerate man. He has a nature that can be disciplined for a short while, but he reverts to the Adamic nature in a few seconds. We can't change, just as the dog cannot. But God can. The trouble with God's chosen People Israel, was that God knew their condition but they didn't. So they had to find out. Thus we read in Deuteronomy 8:-

2 And thou shalt remember all the way which the LORD thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness, to humble thee, and to prove thee, to know what was in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or no. 3 And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live

I like Willy Nelson, but the human needs quite some cooperation from God to beat Pride. By himself  .... well ... that dog is still a dog