mrcorey

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  363
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Is cremation wrong/a sin? I know it was a sin for Roman Catholics, I think they've changed their stand on it. But what about the Christian community itself. Is there anything wrong in getting cremated and if so, why?

in Him;

corey

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

The Bible doesn't give any specific teachings about cremation. It was practiced in Biblical times, but it wasn't commonly practiced by the Hebrews or by New Testament believers. Some Christians object to the practice of cremation on the basis that it does not recognize that one day God will resurrect our bodies and re-unite them with our soul and spirit.

However, just because a body has been cremated does not make it any more difficult for God to resurrect a body. The bodies of Christians who died a thousand years ago have completely turned into dust by now. God will be able to raise their bodies. Cremation does nothing but hurry along the process of turning a body into dust. God is equally able to raise a person

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Is cremation wrong/a sin? I know it was a sin for Roman Catholics, I think they've changed their stand on it. But what about the Christian community itself. Is there anything wrong in getting cremated and if so, why?

in Him;

corey

I'm being cremated so was my best friend who was a born again spirit filled christian. God is concerned about your souls, not our bodies once were with Him it dosn't matter what happens to this body.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  812
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  06/15/1961

I'd just like to add a disgusting thought.

A large percentage of our body mass was probably human body parts some time in the past.

Body was eaten by animals and insects, or bacteria. Eventually that was absorbed by a plant or eaten by another animal, etc. Then someone ate the chicken that ate the worm that ate the corpse, etc. So there's a very good chance you have biomatter in you right now that came from someone elses corpse somewhere along the line, and possible several hundreds or thousands or people, in trace amounts, have their remains in your body.

Your right, that is a disgusting thought :huh::huh:

I'm being cremated so was my best friend who was a born again spirit filled christian. God is concerned about your souls, not our bodies once were with Him it dosn't matter what happens to this body.

Please wait until after you die to be cremated ok? I kind of like having you around! :huh::huh:

(Sounded like you were being cremated presently!)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

eewww......here comes my supper!

:huh:

A large percentage of our body mass was probably human body parts some time in the past.

Body was eaten by animals and insects, or bacteria. Eventually that was absorbed by a plant or eaten by another animal, etc. Then someone ate the chicken that ate the worm that ate the corpse, etc. So there's a very good chance you have biomatter in you right now that came from someone elses corpse somewhere along the line, and possible several hundreds or thousands or people, in trace amounts, have their remains in your body.

Yeah, there's the pretty! Can always count on our WSB for an encouraging word! :huh: It's probably true, but it's something I'm not rather fond of thinking about. Kind of like that fact that we eat an average of eight spiders in our sleep per year by them just walking into our mouths. SO not useful information!

• Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Seek help as soon as possible.

:huh:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  12/12/1939

Thank you very much.I will file that under "things i didnt really want to know".

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

OK - I won't mention the places those water molecules you are drinking have been. :huh: