IGNORED

What Disqualifies Allah As The Supreme God ?

bhakthi

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

Of all the reasons I have heard I believe this one given by my Sunday School teacher is the best.

Allah has many names, but none of them is Love.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I found it from an online quran, from a moderate source, not the most extreme source. And my version has been accepted by all the muslims Ive talked to. Yours comes from skeptics annotated bible? Hardly credible.

Way to ignore the other 2 quotes, you know the ones from educational establishments, yes you only get a *.edu if your a registered college/university. And you haven't even bothered linking to where you got yours from. So pardon me if I believe those and not yours.

I refuse to believe anything you post without links to the sources. Unfortunately your word is not good enough.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Inti, I rather doubt you would find my word sufficient even with 100 links to back me up. It is why I havent bothered.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,227
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  08/19/1964

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Islam come from the line of Ishmiale (? sp) who was the illegitimate son of Abraham. Sarah couldn't have children so Abraham took a servant girl. Later Sarah became pregnant and they sent the servant girl and Ishmiale away.

K.D.

I refuse to believe anything you post without links to the sources. Unfortunately your word is not good enough.

Rather bold of you to make that statement since you claimed earlier that you worship a penguin named timmy.

It's Augustus the Monkey now, duuuur!

(You need to look up the word Irony)

Inti, I rather doubt you would find my word sufficient even with 100 links to back me up. It is why I havent bothered.

Surprisingly enough thats where you're wrong. I am able to hold my hands up and say I was wrong.

Why can't you supply the link where you got your quote from, worried about how reliable it is, in the face of 3 opposing quotes from different sources?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

To supply the link to a muslim source troubles me. It is like giving someone access to something of the devil. I may consider giving you the source in pm. I am not sure yet if I will.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

I don't think you should post the link, Jade.

Why not post a wiccan site too, same thing.

It won't matter anyways.

Satan has his hands all over islam.

To supply the link to a muslim source troubles me. It is like giving someone access to something of the devil. I may consider giving you the source in pm. I am not sure yet if I will.

Sorry but thats a load of rubbish, i've already shown I can find my own Qu'ran quotes, so you really don't need to worry about giving me access to something of the devil. I already do by your logic.

And if you think Islam is evil, you are doing nothing more than making the culture problem between east/west islam/christianity worse.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

I find it odd that you will badger Ayin on this issue when you won't even take the time to respond to my earlier post. Regardless, you show a novice knowledge of the Qu'ran by hounding her on Surah 47:4. The fact is, different translations warrant different meanings:

Here is one translation that has it

One of the reasons for this is we see that Abdullah Yusufali translated the passage mostly in this way and others have come along and added what they believe to be a better translation in the English tongue. Both of your sites are using the Pickthal and/or Shakir translations. The Pickthal reads:

Now when ye meet in battle those who disbelieve, then it is smiting of the necks until, when ye have routed them, then making fast of bonds; and afterward either grace or ransom till the war lay down its burdens. That (is the ordinance). And if Allah willed He could have punished them (without you) but (thus it is ordained) that He may try some of you by means of others. And those who are slain in the way of Allah, He rendereth not their actions vain.

And the Shakir reads:

So when you meet in battle those who disbelieve, then smite the necks until when you have overcome them, then make (them) prisoners, and afterwards either set them free as a favor or let them ransom (themselves) until the war terminates. That (shall be so); and if Allah had pleased He would certainly have exacted what is due from them, but that He may try some of you by means of others; and (as for) those who are slain in the way of Allah, He will by no means allow their deeds to perish.

Yet, when we turn to the Yusufali translation we see:

Therefore, when ye meet the Unbelievers, smite at their necks; At length, when ye have thoroughly subdued them, bind a bond firmly (on them): thereafter (is the time for) either generosity or ransom: Until the war lays down its burdens. Thus (are ye commanded): but if it had been Allah's Will, He could certainly have exacted retribution from them (Himself); but (He lets you fight) in order to test you, some with others. But those who are slain in the Way of Allah,- He will never let their deeds be lost.

Thus, Ayin wasn't wrong at all. She probably relied upon an Islamic website that uses the Yusufali as its base translation but adds to it what it believes the proper interpretation to be. This is not uncommon as the Quran is not viewed as infallible or as holy when put in a language other than Arabic. In other words Init, back off of Ayin because she was right and is merely using a different English translation then you are.

As for thinking Islam is evil, the emperical evidence seems to point towards it being evil, it is not an evil religion per se, but condones acts of evil. It kills innocent women and children (such as the Visigoths of Spain) whos only crime was that they were not Arab nor Muslim. Again, you continue to bring up the crusades but have not spent one second in response to my post dealing with the crusades.

At this point I don't expect a response from you, all I do expect is for you to stop badgering Ayin about using a different translation. Congrats, you went online and found contradictory verses. Anyone can do that. I have read the Yusafali translation and own a copy of the Shakir (the Pickthal I did have to find online). I now plead with you to leave Ayin alone on this issue as it has finally been proven she merely used a different translation.

I find it odd that you will badger Ayin on this issue when you won't even take the time to respond to my earlier post. Regardless, you show a novice knowledge of the Qu'ran by hounding her on Surah 47:4. The fact is, different translations warrant different meanings:

Here is one translation that has it

As I had no interest in what anyone else was posting other than Ayin. See below.

Thus, Ayin wasn't wrong at all. She probably relied upon an Islamic website that uses the Yusufali as its base translation but adds to it what it believes the proper interpretation to be. This is not uncommon as the Quran is not viewed as infallible or as holy when put in a language other than Arabic. In other words Init, back off of Ayin because she was right and is merely using a different English translation then you are.

Wow, someone that actually realises different translations breed different meaning. Ayin doesn't, she doesn't even know how to reference information properly so it can be judged to be reliable or not.

By your own admission the quote she provided could have been doctored by the website it came from. Does that mean the quote is "evil" or the people that doctored it?

As for thinking Islam is evil, the emperical evidence seems to point towards it being evil, it is not an evil religion per se, but condones acts of evil. It kills innocent women and children (such as the Visigoths of Spain) whos only crime was that they were not Arab nor Muslim. Again, you continue to bring up the crusades but have not spent one second in response to my post dealing with the crusades.

Why should I? No matter what you say, Christianity sanctioned warefare in its name. Nothing you say will change that. It's not innocent,