• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  265
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/30/1987

Wow! Thank you so much! I'll definitely be reading your whole message to the class! Jeez, you could be a journalist! haha God bless you. :thumbsup:

you're welcome...

I had no idea that I sounded that awful... :thumbsup: journalist?

In Christ-

Danette

Guest Ray_Finder
Baz, I work for the service department for Xerox and have for 33 year or so. I work on high speed laser printers that have different computer systems as their controllers.

I can tell you that if we had not prepaired for the changing of the way that time was handled in all of our servers at midnight on Jan 1, 2002 none of them would have worked. We worked very hard and put in extra hours to make sure that our customers were taken care of and because of our hard work, literally nothing happened when the clock struck 2000.

A lot of people think the Y2K was just a scare, because their home systems were not really tied to the world time and those computers did work even though they thought it was some other day. Might have caused a bit of problem with their checking programs or something like that. But the major backbone servers for the internet and most commercial systems would have been in really dire trouble had many many people not worked to prepare, and it was because of that work that almost nothing happened.

Same way with the return of the Lord..... those that are prepared will think it is just the grandest thing...... others..... well you can just guess it won't be pretty.

-----------------

I could not agree with you and the other gentleman who worked IT at the time. I have been in IT for aprox

18 years, and also am aware that the Y2K threat was real, but, exagerated. Most companies I am aware

of, and interfaced with, simply replaced their software instead of trying to fix what they had. If they had

not done so, the results would have not been as smooth as we witnessed. True, some leaders in Christianity

went a little nuts, but, it was entertaining :-)

Ray. . .

Sam

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

Praise the Lord, I'll be teaching the youth class at my church in two weeks! :blink: This will definitely help with my organization! The topic I have chosen to talk about at the meeting is Warnings Of The End Times. What I'm asking from YOU people is YOUR experiences of Y2K. How did YOU react to the warnings?

Question: How do you relate the warnings of Y2K with warnings of End Times? I'm not getting the connection. There is a big difference, to me, between man-made warnings of disaster versus God's warnings of judgment. The first one is questionable, and the second is a sure thing. One is created in the mind of man, the other is created in a one and only Holy God who created and is sovereign over all things. I did not take the Y2K thing that seriously, mainly because my husband was an IT person and told me what he felt were the realm of possibility that anything real serious was going to happen. I do take the warnings of End Times very seriously! In both cases, though, I know my life is in the hands of God, so I am not afraid of what is to come. I have prepared myself spiritually and I do have supplies stored up in the eventuality that a major catastrophy of some sort is going to hit my area of the country, because it is going to happen. But, I am not trusting in those supplies or a building or whatever to keep me safe from harm. I know the Lord can protect me anywhere and he can send manna from heaven and pour water out of rocks in order to take care of me. All the stuff I store up could be destroyed or contaminated and thus rendered useless. My faith is totally in the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords to meet all my needs. I know bad things are coming, but I also believe God is going to use those bad things to bring about a revival in our land, and I wait with great anticipation for the great harvest of souls I believe the Lord has promised.