InternalFlame

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

Anyone care to share some stories about how your pets helped you? I find that my cats and dog are one of God's greatist gifts to me ~ since right now I cannot have a husband, God has given me companions in my pets.

Flame, I know how you feel. I'm an animal lover from the word, "go". I have two cats and they are my faithful and loving companions.

God finally blessed me with a husband but my 2 kitties have always been my special family with furr. I dearly love them. They bring me so much comfort and joy....and they love you unconditionally.

What a joy our pets are! For me, they are much like children.

5 year old 7-8lb persian kitty, named Daisy, hubby says she looks like she ran into a wall her face is so flat...the rest of us thinks she gorgeous...by the way shes the boss of both dogs.

Angel

Having seen a pic of Angel's cat, Daisy...I can testify that this cat may be only 7 or 8 lbs but she looks enormous! I've never seen a cat with so much furr! She's a real furr ball! :thumbsup:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/05/1969

I love my little dog Molly dearly. All 5 pounds of her. She is a Schitso/Lhasa cross. (Yes, I get told all the time I don't look like the "little dog" type) lol.

There are the days I wouldn't quite call her a "blessing" though. She likes to get into the trash or any little scrap of human food she can find, which then upsets her stomach and causes her to leave a mess for me to clean when I get home. She can even open the cupboard door where the trash can is in. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

5 year old 7-8lb persian kitty, named Daisy, hubby says she looks like she ran into a wall her face is so flat...the rest of us thinks she gorgeous...by the way shes the boss of both dogs.

Angel

Having seen a pic of Angel's cat, Daisy...I can testify that this cat may be only 7 or 8 lbs but she looks enormous! I've never seen a cat with so much furr! She's a real furr ball! :thumbsup:

:24: She is furry, we went through a period where her hindend went bald :thumbsup: her tail was ok though..man that was a sight, you would look at her and want to laugh and cry at the same time. Thanks to catsmeow we fixed that problem, I actually think her hair grew back thicker..if thats possible :33:

Love and Blessings,

Angel

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/24/1985

There are the days I wouldn't quite call her a "blessing" though. She likes to get into the trash or any little scrap of human food she can find, which then upsets her stomach and causes her to leave a mess for me to clean when I get home. She can even open the cupboard door where the trash can is in. :blink:

I know what you mean, our dog will get into ANYTHING he can find. Once he got into a whole box of chocolates that someone gave me for Christmas. We came home from our Christmas party, and we see little damp marks EVERYWHERE where the dog barfed, forgot his pain, then wondered what the yummy-smelling puddle was then ate it again.

He also gets into the trash, but our cats help too. We have to TIE the cabnet shut! :24:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

One of our cats just died this spring. He was 22 years old. We got him when I was pregnant with my son (who is a senior in college now).

Cats live a long time if you get them fixed and keep them inside.

The cat would play tag with us. We would hide around corners and tag him then he would chase us to tag us back. It was quite funny to watch.

I still prefer dogs though.

Guest mylittlelambs

I have 3 dogs, 3 horses, 3 goats and 2 cats. They give me hugs when I need them, they definetly keep me busy. They entertain my children. I consider every pet a blessing. I have always wanted horses and for God to provide me a way to keep them, by helping me find a corral, I feel blessed.

I return this blessing by doing rescue. I take in unwanted, abused animals and rehome them. It is the least I can do.

I return this blessing by doing rescue. I take in unwanted, abused animals and rehome them. It is the least I can do.

That's too cool! Bless you for that! :emot-wave:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

We have 5 dogs. They are indeed a blessing to us

We had eight dogs at one time and now have two, having lost all the other to old age. I miss everyone of them and am in head over heals in love with my two that I have left. They are indeed a blessing.