• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Brother's and Sisters in Christ,

My friend "shay" is about to make a big mistake. She is gonna have an abortion Tomorrow. she won't listen to me. A little bit about her and the situation.

Shannon has had a bad life. Guy's, Alcohol, Cheating. She got pregnant the first time with a guy after partying and this was about 2 1/2 years ago. She had this child and moved in with her family. Everyone in her family is all mormons, so shannon decieded she would be one to. She was so serious about it that she didn't even drink coffee or step a foot in the bar. Me and her have had our share of conversations before about Mormonismt but that is a different topic. Anyways she met this guy in Jail, and 2 years she was faithful to him while he sat in jail. 1 week after he got out they got married and moved in with eachother. The marriage didn't work, they are no longer together. She seemed to still stick to her Beliefs and morals. Now, she is back into the partying, drinking, and Adultry. she is pregnant again after going to another party but this time she want's to have an abortion. I can't talk her out of it. Did she wake up one morning and Forgot about God she believed in and Morals. I bring up God and she just doesn't want to hear it. She just totally blows my mind. Any ways, She says she can't afford another one, but i think the real reason is that Her family is mormon, and she is terrified going home and saying she is pregnant again with no good father to both her kids. The first time her family could understand that it was a mistake, and even i makes mistakes, no one is perfect, by all means i am not judging her please understand. But to do the same thing a second time with a man and get pregnant, (espesially everyone thought that she was a changed new person) who knows how her family will react.

Here is were i come in...I know there is many different views on Abortion. I myself Do not believe in Abortion under any circumstance. I am a born again Christian for about 5 years and believe all children deserve a chance to live and belong to God. Personally "Thou shalt not kill" means just what it says. I am very confused, hurt, sad, and scared. I feel like as her good friend i need to do something. She won't listen to me at all and she doesn't want to hear what the bible says. She is an adult, 22 years old, she makes her own choices, so do i set by and do nothing besides talk her out of it? It won't work. I need christian opinions Fast. ....she is getting this done tomorrow. Am i wrong by saying i will do anything to keep this baby alive?? Would it be wrong for me to tell her family, so that way her family can talk to her, and she might listen to them? Is it really my place, or do i just sit back and let her make her own bed to lay in? She might hate me for the rest of my life and we will proably loose our friendship over this, but i feel like if i can keep her from having an abortion by telling her family, i would do it in a second. Please what should i do as a Christian.? What if I don't tell her family, she does get the abortion? What should i do as a Christian Friend.? should i end the friendship? I tried to talk to my pastor about this but unfortenetly he is not home or at the church, and you guys are the only ones i can turn to.

God Bless and thanks for taking the time for this post.

In Christ,

Angelkade

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Maybe for the sake of the baby you should tell her folks. :thumbsup:

Is a child's life worth a friendship?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  247
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  07/10/1981

Pray, obviously. Both for yourself, that God will give you wisdom and direction and peace of mind on this, and for her that God will rend her heart.

If possible, go with her, as a friend, to the abortion clinic--don't agree with the action she is about to undertake (just because you go with her doesn't mean you support what she is about to do, and you can make that clear), but go to let her know that you as a friend will be there for her, and more so to let her know that God will always be there for her.

Sadly, beyond those, your choices are limited.

It is a hard place to be, willing and wanting to do something, anything, yet being limited in what you can do. At the same time, you must remember that ultimately it is your friend who makes the choice regarding what she does, despite however much you disagree with that choice and wish she would choose a different one, and ultimately the responsibility falls to her. It is sad, it is not a happy place to be in to watch a friend make choices of these matters. Pray hard, and let your friend know that you are there, and that more importantly, God is there... and always will be.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,266
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Birthday:  03/21/1954

I think that I would tell her family. If it caused the friendship to end, at least I would know that I had done all I could to save the life of that little one.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  121
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  12/16/1976

There are risks associated with abortion and even if they did not agree with her decision they should at least know that she is about to have a risky medical procedure.

She may hate you but save her from doing this. Knowing that she really does believe in God an abortion could make her think she can never come back to him.

As someone who has had an abortion, please tell her family immediatly. If something did happen to her they would be responsible for her 1st child and they have a right to know what's going on.

ALSO, we should all pray about this.

Father,

We ask that you protect this woman from herself and her unborn child. We put her in your hands and ask that your will be done in this situation.

In Yeshua's name,

Amen

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  923
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

Trust me, I haven't read every word on this thread, but trust me sweetheart, tell this girls parents, risk your friendship, but do what right in God's eyes.

Father our forefathers, protect this life.

In the name of Jesus Christ our Lord.

I just want to say thank you for all your reply's. I did call her mom, and her mom appreciated it so much that i called her. I feel so much better knowing that her mom knows now and that she might be able to help her from doing this. This is the first time i ever dealt with a problem like this and heck i was so confused. I will continue to pray for her, and Leave it up to God. One more question? What if she goes through with it tomorrow? Should i cut off our friendship because she went against my beliefs. If she doesn't feel sorry about what she did, and doesn't ask for forgiveness, how can she be forgiven? would i be unequely yolking my self with her. Maybe i should pray and talk to my pastor about this. I just want to be a good friend but most of all what God wants me to be and do.

God Bless you all and i ask for you continuing prayers for shay.

In Jesus,

amber

• Group:  Soapbox - Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/11/1932

I see you are in Pennsylvania. Do a Google search under "CareNet." There may be a Crisis Pregnancy Center or a CareNet center near you. See if you can get her to postpone it for a day or two and contact these people. They offer other options, adoption, etc. Also check your church or churches the vicinity. They may know of places that offer help.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  116
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  678
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

What if she goes through with it tomorrow? Should i cut off our friendship because she went against my beliefs. If she doesn't feel sorry about what she did, and doesn't ask for forgiveness, how can she be forgiven? would i be unequely yolking my self with her. Maybe i should pray and talk to my pastor about this. I just want to be a good friend but most of all what God wants me to be and do.

God Bless you all and i ask for you continuing prayers for shay.

In Jesus,

amber

Cutting off your friendship would not be the right thing to do at all. After such a procedure she will need every bit of support you can give her. She may reject you for trying to talk her out of it or telling her mother, but even so don't give up. And keep praying. You know you have people here praying for you as well.

PRAISE THE LORD!!

It worked out Great. After i told her mom, her mom talked her out of it and gave her the support i knew she needed from her family. I had faith knowing that her mom would talk her out of it. I am so thankful for the feedback i got here at worthy. It gave me the strenght to make that step and dial the phone to her mom. The other good news is that i just got off the phone with "shay" and she is not mad at me at all. I am so happy that i didn't loose a friend over this, and this baby has a chance at life Most of all. God is good and your prayers really helped. She actually told me that she probably would have done the same thing i did.

Your Sister in Christ,

Amber

God Bless