IGNORED

Remember the sabath day

abbershay

So did you receive salvation through the Holy Spirit or by keeping the Sabbath?

Were you not a believer before you knew about the Sabbath??

...or did you start keeping the Sabbath and THEN found out about Jesus and were saved?

This position makes no sense to me. I can't imagine anyone knowing what Yeshua did to atone for our sins....and still think that it wasn't adequate to keep us saved???

Or that His blood could only atone for our sins BEFORE we knew Him?

Even if you believe that non-Sabbath observance (as you rabbinically define them) is even a sin, are you saying that Yeshua's atonement isn't enough to cover that?

What other sin or sins does His blood not cover without our "help"?

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Yod, my brother, I could never had said the same thing better myself. :whistling:

e

Guest shiloh357
Shiloh357,

I agree that keeping the law does not save us. We are saved by grace through faith. But that does not mean we can ignore God's Ten Commandments. We cannot throw them out the window.

No you do not believe in Salvation by grace through faith.

The following statement by you shows that you are intrenched in heresy:

Can anyone know Christ without obeying His commandments? It would seem that when a person's actions reflect a glaring disregard for God's Commandments, they are separated from Jesus. They are lost -- spiritually dead.

You are telling us that you believe that someone cannot be saved if they keep the Sabbath. If you think you are more saved because you keep the Sabbath, your Sabbath observance is a stench in God's nostrils.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

I find that those kind folk who constantly push the Jewish Seventh-day Sabbath given to the nation of Israel in Exodus 19:21, Exodus 20:1,2; etc, also to a very large extent underscore many other whims of Ellen Gould Harmon White's 19th-century SDA tenets such as an "investigative judgment," "satan as scapegoat in Leviticus 17," "vegetarianism as an integral biblical philosophy," William Miller's inaccurate 19th-century "return of Jesus," (altho they don't much appreciate this "Miller" reminder), all of which serves as distinct warning to "Stand fast in the liberty with which Christ has made us free..." (Galatians 5:1).

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

The sabath day started at the very begining in genisis and it goes all the way into the millenium, if you are a christiain , if you are not observing it now you will change thats just facts... It says it will be observed in the millenium.........

Just an fyi here....

I do observe the Sabbath...as do many on these boards...but we realize that this is not the source of our salvation.

There is enough of a gray area in what the Apostles said was necessary of the gentiles in Acts 15 through 21 that we should be able to allow that "what God has made clean, let no man call unclean"

Almost every reference I find of Paul meeting with the gentiles was on the first day of the week (Saturday evening at the end of the Sabbath). This would be the reason for continuing the tradition...and besides that the Sabbath has nothing to do with what day you go to church.

It is unfortunate that we would make something like this a wall of division amongst the saints when Yeshua gave His blood to bring that wall down.

I fear that you are trying to perfect your flesh in order to please God and that road leads nowhere. He loves you because He chooses to love you. It makes no sense, eh? We just accept that it's true or He wouldn't have given His life for us.

Once you accept it, you can live knowing that you are;

1. Cherished by God for who you already are

2. Highly valuable and significant in His Kingdom as the person He is molding you into

3. Able to rest from relying on your works. (THIS is what the Sabbath is teaching us in the first place)

Then you will be able to show His grace towards others who don't know Him instead of heaping condemnation of the Law.

I pray that helps?

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

Hi caroline,

I agree that keeping the law does not save us. We are saved by grace through faith. But that does not mean we can ignore God's Ten Commandments. We cannot throw them out the window.

Funny that you use the scripture written in James to justify that we are after we are saved by keeping the law, when in fact James is showing that it it is works of faith and not works of the law the law in which a man is justified.

You site:

<James 2:20>

"But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?"

<James 2:24>

"You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only

<James 2:26>

"For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also."

."

You cant just take these verses out of the context of the whole chapter to get what James what speaking of here. He was in fact speaking of works of faith that follow the royal law of God

James 2:8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:

James is speaking of works such as these that will follow and accompany faith in the Living God. You see an example of this in following verses of the same chapter:

14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,

16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

Faith is an action not a show. Like we see someone in need and we say I will pray for you brother, and yet have the means to give immediate help and do not but instead pray, our faith is usesless.

This is not fulfilling the royal law of God. We are to trust God in everything, and if we trust God in everything, it will reflect in our treatment of others.

James gives an example above in that say someone is hungry, and we tell them hey brother trust in God, He will supply all of your needs, go in peace be fed.

And yet we have food and do not offer to feed them., we have clothes and do not offer to clothe them, we have a warm house on a cold night and do not offer to let them get warm. What good is our faith in in God and how will this show anyone the love of God.

Paul expounds on this royal law in Romans.

Romans 13:8-10

8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Jesus also addressed this in Matthew 25:

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

Love is the fulfillment of the law, this is the law that God has written in our hearts.

This is the new commandment that Jesus Himself has given us and says that by this, all men will know we belongs to Him.

John 13:33-35

33 Little children, yet a little while I am with you. Ye shall seek me: and as I said unto the Jews, Whither I go, ye cannot come; so now I say to you.

34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

They will not know us by whether we follow the 10 commandments. Many people live good wholesome lives and yet they do not know Jesus. How many times have you heard "He or she is a good person, they deserve to go to heaven? Hell will be full of "good people".

James is in no way speaking of following the ten commandments. Do you know anyone who can follow them?

Speaking of James he also addresses this very issue in the second chapter of his epistle that you site:

9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.

10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.

Notice in the above that 2 of the commandments he uses as examples that if you break one, you break them all, are of the 10 commandments by which you say we should follow.

James points out that this, the 10 commandments is not what he is speaking of in his address offaith and works.

But faith working through love (1 Cor 13 type love) thus fulfilling the royal law of God written in our hearts. If we do not have these works accompanying our faith, our faith is useless and is in fact dead and not wrought in God.

Notice the very next verse in James:

12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

We have been set at liberty sister, liberty to walk in Him and liberty to fulfill the royal law of God, liberty to believe in Him, liberty to rest in Him, liberty to surrender to Him, This is true freedom.

I wish I lived close to a Messianic Church. I would most definately attend there and from what I understand, they observe the Sabbath as well, however they do not view it as a part of salvation, nor of righteousness, but as their day they choose honor God in worship in the same way that those who worship on Sunday.

The honor the Lord of the Sabbath, Whom is our Sabbath rest.

I do not believe that if I do however, that it would make me more spiritual, or more saved or hold a higher place of honor in Gods eyes, but I do believe that I would be blessed by it.

My main reason to be honest though, would be to be around more Jews to whom the word of God has been handed down and learn from them. God has definately blessed them and its really neat to hear how Jesus is hidden in their very traditions including the Sabbath which is a picture of our eternal rest in Him of which we enter into when we are born again.

You definately have a zeal for God sis, may you also find his rest.

In Jesus

kevin

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

The sabath day started at the very begining in genisis and it goes all the way into the millenium, if you are a christiain , if you are not observing it now you will change thats just facts... It says it will be observed in the millenium.........

Hi abbershay,

I am not sayiny that I disagree with you, but I was wondering if you could point to some scripture that points to the Christian observing the Sabbath in the millinial reign of Christ.

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

its in this thread i will go get it.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  414
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Hi abbershay,

I am not sayiny that I disagree with you, but I was wondering if you could point to some scripture that points to the Christian observing the Sabbath in the millinial reign of Christ.

JesusisGod2,

I believe you are looking for this verse:

<Isaiah 66:22,23>

"For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain. And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord."

In Christ,

CarolineS