• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Amen Brother Shiloh! :thumbsup:

Don't forget to sacrifice goats for your sins while you are doing all of that law keeping.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member

The observance of Sabbath is not necessarily legalism. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience in the 7th Day Adventist denomination. They definately have an unbalanced approach...but you continually judge everything about the Sabbath through these legalistic lenses.

There are 2 extremes on this subject and you have chosen the opposite extreme in a desire to reject your past experience in the SDA.

But there is harmony between these polar concepts of what Sabbath is and isn't

That just isn't true, Yod. I have said from the beginning, "Let each be fully convinced in his own mind." (Rom. 14) I am absolutely fine with anyone that is convicted to observe whatever day they want or to observe them all the same, as long as they remember to give me the same freedom in Christ and not tell me I have the mark of the beast because I don't observe one day over another.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

Ellen Gould Harmon White & her 19th-century religious philosophy called SDA fails to grasp the Bible fact that the Mosaic Code - including the Ten Commandments given specifically to the literal nation of Israel - was nailed to Christ's Cross as declared quite clearly in Galatians, the Epistle for all Seventh-day Adventists and other legalists. Things - or people - nailed to crosses don't come back down alive! The fact conveniently overlooked by SDA & compatriots is that NINE of the Ten Commandments given to the literal nation of Israel under the Mosaic Code are repeated in the New Testament (under the New Covenant) for the Church of Jesus Christ - distinct from the literal nation of Israel - today, ie, the ONE not repeated for the Church of Jesus Christ today, is the Jewish Seventh-day Sabbath. Both the Jewish Seventh-day Sabbath & the rite of circumcision were given specifically to the literal nation of Israel as express indications of that nation's relationship with Jehovah God. Don't miss Paul's Epistle to the Galatians: it'll "blow the mind" of every Seventh-day legalist!

Let's not go backward in the Christian walk, but ever and only forward & upward to the Living Christ of God! Amen & Amen!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

No need to mention something that wasn't an issue IMO. If everyone was already keeping the sabbath back then, why reiterate something they're doing. Many here believe that Jesus came and changed/abolished/made null and void the sabbath day, I choose to believe otherwise. For example...

If you were washing the dishes at home, would it make sense for me to tell you (while you're washing the dishes) to wash the dishes. :thumbsup: Of course not. But if you come to that same person and say, you're washing the dishes incorrectly, let me show you how, it would make a lot more sense wouldn't it. That's what I believe Christ did. He showed us that the way the Jews made his law a burden(rather than a delight) was uncalled for and He was there to show them the correct way of keeping the sabbath.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

The observance of Sabbath is not necessarily legalism. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience in the 7th Day Adventist denomination. They definately have an unbalanced approach...but you continually judge everything about the Sabbath through these legalistic lenses.

There are 2 extremes on this subject and you have chosen the opposite extreme in a desire to reject your past experience in the SDA.

But there is harmony between these polar concepts of what Sabbath is and isn't

That just isn't true, Yod. I have said from the beginning, "Let each be fully convinced in his own mind." (Rom. 14) I am absolutely fine with anyone that is convicted to observe whatever day they want or to observe them all the same, as long as they remember to give me the same freedom in Christ and not tell me I have the mark of the beast because I don't observe one day over another.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure you stated in either another thread or in your testimony page that you pray that God will "save" your family from the bondage they allow themselves to be in by continuing to worship with Adventist. If this is true than the bolded statement cannot be. I'm sure your family (while they might not agree with you) give you respect in your decisions regarding your spiritual walk.

God bless

No need to mention something that wasn't an issue IMO. If everyone was already keeping the sabbath back then, why reiterate something they're doing. Many here believe that Jesus came and changed/abolished/made null and void the sabbath day, I choose to believe otherwise. For example...

If you were washing the dishes at home, would it make sense for me to tell you (while you're washing the dishes) to wash the dishes. Of course not. But if you come to that same person and say, you're washing the dishes incorrectly, let me show you how, it would make a lot more sense wouldn't it. That's what I believe Christ did. He showed us that the way the Jews made his law a burden(rather than a delight) was uncalled for and He was there to show them the correct way of keeping the sabbath.

No sir, God gave all of the commands, carry no burden, cleansing, go and re-read the law and you will have to stone some people if you are requiring true Sabbath keeping. No one is saying Jesus abolished the law, He fulfilled it, and you can't see the difference.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure you stated in either another thread or in your testimony page that you pray that God will "save" your family from the bondage they allow themselves to be in by continuing to worship with Adventist. If this is true than the bolded statement cannot be. I'm sure your family (while they might not agree with you) give you respect in your decisions regarding your spiritual walk.

Wrong again. My family says that I am lost and deceived. They do not respect my decision and think I have no spiritual walk and am headed straight to hell if I don't observe the Sabbath.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

We, as Christians, are to still keep the Sabbath. We just need to recognize that with Christ being the Sabbath, we do not need to hold such a strict adherance to Sunday/Saturday sabbaths. All it means is we are to rest in God.

We, as Christians, are to still keep the Sabbath. We just need to recognize that with Christ being the Sabbath, we do not need to hold such a strict adherance to Sunday/Saturday sabbaths. All it means is we are to rest in God.

Do you have some scripture for that?

Do you have some scripture for that?

Matthew 12:8 - "Lord of the Sabbath" means that the Sabbath is actually within Him. kurios, in the manuscript I'm looking at, falls within a line that means that Sabbath is owned by Christ, but the structure also indicates that it exists within Christ.

Mark 2:27 - The Sabbath was not intended to be something we had to follow due to legalities sake or even to follow the law. The entire purpose of the Sabbath was to give man one day or rest and recolection. Once again, in the verse after it, we see that Jesus IS the Sabbath (posessive) meaning He can change the rules. The fact is, we see Him not observing the Sabbath (He worked on it), thus He is saying that He IS the Sabbath. We see the same story in Luke 6:5.

In both John 5:18 and John 9:16 Jesus is accused of breaking the Sabbath. The 5:18 is important because it shows that He was caling Himself equal (the son of) God AND violating the Sabbath. Thus, if the claim is viewed as nullified, that it was a false claim, then are we to believe He never really claimed to be the Son of God?

Colossians 2:16 is quite self-explainatory. Do not let anyone judge what we do on the Sabbath day.

I agree with all of that, i was meaning the quote:

We, as Christians, are to still keep the Sabbath

I think we are in agreement, just wording differently.

Jesus Is my Sabbath! :thumbsup:

I agree with all of that, i was meaning the quote:

We, as Christians, are to still keep the Sabbath

I think we are in agreement, just wording differently.

Jesus Is my Sabbath! :thumbsup:

That's what I meant. It comes from Hebrews where it says there is still a Sabbath (it does not say Sabbath day, just that there is still "rest") for God's people. :24: