abbershay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20
  • Days Won:  0

The Law of Moses prescribed sacrifices, festivals, and ceremonial ordinances that were symbolic of Jesus. Paul states that the law of ceremonies ended when it was nailed to the cross:

<Col. 2:13-14>

"And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances hat was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross."

All of the ceremonial ordinances, including the special annnual sabbaths (not the weekly, seventh-day Sabbath) were merely a shadowy symbol of the ministry of Christ. Christ made it clear that the purpose of the Law of Moses was to prepare the people for His arrival when He said:

1. Paul did NOT say that the law of ceremonies was nailed to the cross. Paul said that the handwriting of ordinances that was against us was nailed to cross. Tell me... How were the Festivals "against us?" How were the annual Sabbaths "against us?" That makes absolutely no sense. What Paul was talking about was crucifixion. In the days when Rome was crucifying it was customary to nail to the cross, a list of the of the trespasses or violations the person being crucified had done to warrant being crucified. What Paul is saying is that our sins the things that warranted our death were nailed to Jesus cross as if they were HIS offenses. This is what we mean when we say that Jesus died for our sins. It was our trespasses and sins that were imputed to Christ and thus nailed to his cross. That is why God can now impute His righteousness to us when we accept Christ by faith.

2. You are trying to make a superficial division between the 10 commandments and the remaining 603 commandments as if the 10 came from God and the rest is the "law of Moses." Well I have new for you, Caroline: ALL 613 commandments were given BY GOD on Mt. Sinai!! They are all part of the Torah God commanded. You have no right to treat one part of the Torah as being less important than another.

OK. Now I am confused. I thought we were talking about God's Law, the Ten Commandments, which were written in stone and called the "two tablets of the Testimony." They were written with God's own finger, in stone, and placed inside the Ark of the Covenant.

Are you saying that there are another 603 commandments, also written in stone, that are binding today?

Did God also write these with His own hand in stone?

In Christ,

CarolineS

The 10 Commandments were a summary of the 603 laws given to Moses....think of them as a "table of contents" or the introduction in a book.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  414
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

OK. Now I am confused. I thought we were talking about God's Law, the Ten Commandments, which were written in stone and called the "two tablets of the Testimony." They were written with God's own finger, in stone, and placed inside the Ark of the Covenant.

Are you saying that there are another 603 commandments, also written in stone, that are binding today?

In Christ,

CarolineS

First of all, it was the first set of stone tablets that Moses broke on the mountain side that had the commandments written by God's finger. The second set was written by Moses hand, and placed in the Ark. You need to read about that.

Secondly, Read Leviticus 23:1-3

And the LORD spoke unto Moses, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts. Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, a holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the LORD in all your dwellings. (Leviticus 23:1-3)

Now note who is doing the speaking, It is the Lord. HE is declaring the Sabbath and the Festivals in this chapter and notice that the Sabbath is the first of what God calls His FEASTS. The first FEAST is the weekly Sabbath. So to argue that the feasts were nailed to cross is simply incorrect. God places the Sabbath as having equal standing with the other FEASTS, so it is an unwarranted distinction being made to say that God is only concerned with the weekly Sabbath not equally concerned with the rest of the Sabbaths and appointed times.

If you are going to argue that the Sabbath MUST be kept, and that it is absolutely mandatory, then you need to keep everything that given at Sinai in order to have an internally consistent position.

First of all, the Ten Commandments were never written by Moses. They were written by God with His Own Hand. Please read Exodus 34:1-8. God did not trust any man to write His eternal law, He wrote it with His Own Hand twice.

Secondly, God speaks the Ten Commandments to all the assembly before etching them in stone. Then Moses alone drew near to God. The Lord gave him special civil laws and ceremonial ordinances for Israel to follow. When Moses returned from his meeting, he recited these special contract terms to the people and they agreed to do all that the Lord had spoken.

You are mixing up the Old Covenant or The Book of Law with our New Covenant -- the Ten Commandments and Jesus.

In Christ,

CarolineS

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Brothers and Sisters,

The New Covenant is will of God, including the words of God and the 'Living Word' of God written in or dwelling in the heart of the beleiver.

Jesus is the 'Word of God'. He was and is the Word of God, including the 'Law of God' in human flesh, a living example of the Word of God acted out in a human being. This is why Jesus is our example, not just what He said, but what He did. He was the 'living law' upon the earth. All of what was written was lived out by Jesus.

He didn't change anything, but was the living, breathing, flesh and blood 'law of God'. He gave the Word through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit and then He lived the Word in the flesh. He showed us how to live the Word.

Finally He comes to dwell in us through the Holy Spirit to live out His life in us. This is why He is our example as well as our Saviour. He bids us follow Him. This means do as He did. He was the perfect example. All who follow Him will be where He is, doing what He did. This is how we get to heaven. He leads and all who follow Him end up where He is.

Jesus, in living a perfect life as our example, was a Sabbath keeper. Everything He did was perfect and an example to us. Thus Sabbath keeping was as much a part of fulfilling 'all righteousness' as was His baptism.

Jesus created the Sabbath at creation for you and me, as a blessing and not a curse. It is a whole day dedicated to communing with Him, the Holy One of Israel, our creator and Saviour. This is why He created the Sabbath Day. Believers should rejoice that they have a complete day with no secular duties to interfere with their worship and adoration of their creator and redeemer. How could anyone consider God's Holy Day of worship a 'yoke of bondage', for Jesus did not create anything for bondage. It is a total blessing. It was a blessing for Adam and Eve, as well as any who keep it in the right Spirit and not just in the letter.

Could it be that some 'believers' don't really enjoy communion with God and wouldn't know what to talk to Him about. I can see how they would consider it a 'yoke of bondage' having to do something that was not enjoyable.

The true 'yoke of bondage' is sin, or the transgression of God's Law. Those who keep God's commandments have been set free from the 'yoke of bondage', free from sin and now love God's commandments as they now love God. The Sabbath is a creation of our redeemer.

God Bless,

Dennis

Guest shiloh357

In Christ,

CarolineS

First of all, it was the first set of stone tablets that Moses broke on the mountain side that had the commandments written by God's finger. The second set was written by Moses hand, and placed in the Ark. You need to read about that.

Secondly, Read Leviticus 23:1-3

And the LORD spoke unto Moses, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts. Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, a holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the LORD in all your dwellings. (Leviticus 23:1-3)

Now note who is doing the speaking, It is the Lord. HE is declaring the Sabbath and the Festivals in this chapter and notice that the Sabbath is the first of what God calls His FEASTS. The first FEAST is the weekly Sabbath. So to argue that the feasts were nailed to cross is simply incorrect. God places the Sabbath as having equal standing with the other FEASTS, so it is an unwarranted distinction being made to say that God is only concerned with the weekly Sabbath not equally concerned with the rest of the Sabbaths and appointed times.

If you are going to argue that the Sabbath MUST be kept, and that it is absolutely mandatory, then you need to keep everything that given at Sinai in order to have an internally consistent position.

First of all, the Ten Commandments were never written by Moses. They were written by God with His Own Hand. Please read Exodus 34:1-8. God did not trust any man to write His eternal law, He wrote it with His Own Hand twice.

Secondly, God speaks the Ten Commandments to all the assembly before etching them in stone. Then Moses alone drew near to God. The Lord gave him special civil laws and ceremonial ordinances for Israel to follow. When Moses returned from his meeting, he recited these special contract terms to the people and they agreed to do all that the Lord had spoken.

You are mixing up the Old Covenant or The Book of Law with our New Covenant -- the Ten Commandments and Jesus.

In Christ,

CarolineS

My apologies... I got confused with the commandment of God to Moses to hew the new Tablets, and the writing of the second set with God's fingers. Indeed, they are written with God's fingers.

That does not change anything. When Jesus was asked what the Greatest commandmemt was, He did not recite any of the Ten Commandments. He recited," You shall love the Lord your God with all of your heart, all of your soul and with all of your strength. He said that the second greatest was to love our neighbor as ourselves.

So you if you are going to put the Ten Commandments on a some pedestal and say THESE TEN solely comprise the Torah/law of God, what do you do with the two Jesus said were the greatest.

The Ten commandments are summary of the whole Torah. The Torah covers how we are to interact with God, our family and all other outside relationships. LIkewise the Ten commandments summarize the entire Torah in the same order. The first four commandments deal with our interactions with God, the fifth deals with family, and the last four deal with how we interact with everyone else. So to say that the Ten Commandments are THE Law of God is simply not true. You are creating a fictitious and superficial division that God never intended between the Ten Commandments and the rest of the Torah. IF you are going to treat the weekly Sabbath as absolutely mandatory, then you are going to have to treat the other Sabbaths the same way.

According to Leviticus 23, the weekly Sabbath is just as much feast as the the other Festivals, and God makes no case that the weekly Sabbath is to be seen any differently. You simply cannot make an internally consistent case for mandatory Sabbath observance while ignoring everything else.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Christians today establish that the 4th commandment is still good and true by observing one day out of seven so we all agree that this is an important principle...we have just chosen different days. I have to wonder how many know why this came about?

I don't really find that true among christians, I'm sure there some weirdo's out there, but for the ones I know we don't "keep" anything. We go about our lives after church. I believe we should keep everyday the same. I don't see how a christian can have a separate "secular" life.

In all you do, do it to the glory of God, whether going to church or working, it should be unto God.

I think you missed the point.

Why do christians go to church every Sunday if the 4th Commandment is only for the jews?

This fact proves that the church doesn't consider the 4th Commandment as done away with...but we've decided on a different day. The church came from the model of the synagogue which began in the Babylonian captivity of Judah. That means that Sunday church is a "type" of Sabbath synagogue.

Paul was certainly trained by Rabbi Gamaliel in how to organize a synagogue which made him the perfect person for planting churches. It is easily proven that Paul continued his observance of Sabbath and the Feast without making it an obligation on the gentile "christian" converts

I don't think we can fully appreciate what a revolutionary idea this was at the time. It was the very reason the Judeans were always trying to kill Paul! He refused to turn gentile proselytes into jews, yes, but he never once said that believers should stop observing the Sabbath either.

Again I would never say that you MUST observe the Sabbath. To do so out of obligation would miss the point but until you've experienced the Sabbath in the way jews live it out (not SDA), you have no idea what you are criticizing....and missing.

Hoping everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

Yod,

I think there are some erring christians that think Sunday is the Sabbath. We know one on the board--Suzanne--I'm talking about you, love ya sis!

I do realize that, but I do not believe it, there is no scriptural basis for it and it's just not so. My church doesn't teach it, the church I attended before this one didn't teach it, Joyce Meyer doesn't, many, many others, in fact, I don't know of anyone that teaches it.

I have done some research into the history of early christians and from what I could determine, the pagans worshipped the son on Sunday and since they were converted without the law, they continued in that traditions, many of the Jews continued to worship on Saturday, Paul did mention that the people should set aside their tithes when he would come on the first day of the week, so there was some Sunday meetings going on. Then there were some that just did not want to be associated with Jews, and set aside the first day of the week.

Regardless, Sunday is not the Sabbath and the weekly Sabbath is not the rest intended from the foundation of the world.

God told Israel to "remember" when it states just before the giving of the law that this law was preached to no one before them, only those alive that day. So what were they to remember? They were disconnected from God at the garden when Adam sinned and they were to remember complete connection with God that was before that.

Jesus is the only bridge to reconnect us to a personal relationship with God. Those who have believed do enter that rest. But to those whom it was first preached He swore in His wrath that they should not enter it.

Those to whom it was first preached are the Jew. They observe the Sabbath to this day and will throughout their generation, but God says they have not entered the rest because of their disbelief, so the Rest is not the weekly Sabbath.

Jesus is our Sabbath Rest, the shadow points to Him, He is the fullfillment of the promise.

I am convicted that we should observe every day alike, because in my heart, to observe a day would mean to not observe the other days, to sort of take a break from God for 6 days.

You are convicted differently and because Jesus has set us free we are both right.

I do not want this to be a point of contention as we are both saved and know it and we are told not to dispute doubtful things, so love ya bro!

Happy New Year!!

Jesus forever connected the two great commamdments and the whole of Scripture. He said that all of Scripture including the Ten Commandments hang, are suspended from, connedted to and dependent on the Two Great Commandments. All of the Scriptures, including the Ten Commmandments, describe how one is to love God and his neighbor and not sin against either. The Ten Commandments mostly describe what not to do against God and our neighbor because it points out sin. The first four point out the main sins against God and the next six point out the main sins against our neighbor.

Mt 22:36 Master, which [is] the great commandment in the law?

22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

22:38 This is the first and great commandment.

22:39 And the second [is] like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

22:40 On these two commandments hang (depend) all the law and the prophets.

Even a casual reading of this scripture shows that the 'Two Great Commandments' encompass and include all of Scripture and I'm sure we all agree that the Scripture includes the 'Ten Commandments'. So we see that Jesus wasn't changing the Law or adding or subtracting from it as He said in Mathew:

Mt 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. (heaven and earth have not passed away yet)

And of course good old Paul knew that all the Scriptures were good for doctrine and instruction in righteousness or obedience for he gave that instruction to Timothy. From what I read here, some seem to think that Paul must have been double minded.

2Tim 3:14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned [them];

3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

3:16 ALL SCRIPTURE[is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for DOCTRINE, for REPROOF, for CORRECTION, for INSTRUCTION IN RIGHTEOUSNESS:

There seems to be some sort of a misunderstanding of Paul when it comes to his understanding of the Scriptures. Why does he say ALL SCRIPTURE, when according to some, he should have said SOME SCRIPTURE, but not those old Ten Commandments written by the finger of God. So in essence Paul is saying that the Ten Commandments were profitable for instruction in rignteousness. So we see that Jesus didn't do away with the law, Paul preached the keeping of the law once one was saved, I wonder who it was that says the Law was done away with. I know one who hates God and His laws.

God bless,

Dennis

I think there are some erring christians that think Sunday is the Sabbath. We know one on the board--Suzanne--I'm talking about you, love ya sis!

I do realize that, but I do not believe it, there is no scriptural basis for it and it's just not so. My church doesn't teach it, the church I attended before this one didn't teach it, Joyce Meyer doesn't, many, many others, in fact, I don't know of anyone that teaches it.

As a former SDA, you certainly know that the RCC teaches that Sunday is the "Christian" sabbath which they claim to have changed and this proves that they have authority over other denominations. This is what the SDA calls the "mark of the beast"

I certainly do not agree with them...but that is what they say.

Yet every denomination you could name has a regular weekly meeting one day out of seven. This fact alone shows that they believe the 4th commandment is still applicable and relevant today.

Paul did mention that the people should set aside their tithes when he would come on the first day of the week, so there was some Sunday meetings going on.

Paul told them he would come by on the first day of the week because he would never travel on the Sabbath. Did pagans have a day of rest? The Sabbath is unique in that way.

Then there were some that just did not want to be associated with Jews, and set aside the first day of the week.

And this is how the gentile church broke off into a "denomination" and the RCC began...as an anti-semetic institution who decided to make it's own laws

Jesus is the only bridge to reconnect us to a personal relationship with God.

100% agree

I am convicted that we should observe every day alike, because in my heart, to observe a day would mean to not observe the other days, to sort of take a break from God for 6 days.

You are convicted differently and because Jesus has set us free we are both right.

Not exactly.

I am convicted and convinced that every day belongs to Him....but He did give a specific command about the Sabbath which He has never recinded. Yes, the Sabbath speaks of something greater but that doesn't mean that His Commandments were temporary suggestions that don't matter anymore. To say otherwise would be error that is the only reason I get into these debates.

I liken it thusly;

All my possessions are His. Yet I am charged with being a good steward of these earthly carnal things. The tithe was established by the Lord as a means of keeping my heart faithful in possessions so I can choose to do that (for my good) or not.

Again...everyone who sets aside one day out of seven as completely dedicated to Him is establishing that the Sabbath is still in effect and that it is good to obey the Lord in this way. The only difference is that some have chosen a different day than the one given for this purpose.

I do not want this to be a point of contention as we are both saved and know it and we are told not to dispute doubtful things, so love ya bro!

And neither do I want this to be a point of contention. As far as I know, it never has been between us?

What is "doubtful" about this, though?

Happy New Year!!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Content Count:  414
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

In Christ,

CarolineS

My apologies... I got confused with the commandment of God to Moses to hew the new Tablets, and the writing of the second set with God's fingers. Indeed, they are written with God's fingers.

That does not change anything. When Jesus was asked what the Greatest commandmemt was, He did not recite any of the Ten Commandments. He recited," You shall love the Lord your God with all of your heart, all of your soul and with all of your strength. He said that the second greatest was to love our neighbor as ourselves.

So you if you are going to put the Ten Commandments on a some pedestal and say THESE TEN solely comprise the Torah/law of God, what do you do with the two Jesus said were the greatest.

The Ten commandments are summary of the whole Torah. The Torah covers how we are to interact with God, our family and all other outside relationships. LIkewise the Ten commandments summarize the entire Torah in the same order. The first four commandments deal with our interactions with God, the fifth deals with family, and the last four deal with how we interact with everyone else. So to say that the Ten Commandments are THE Law of God is simply not true. You are creating a fictitious and superficial division that God never intended between the Ten Commandments and the rest of the Torah. IF you are going to treat the weekly Sabbath as absolutely mandatory, then you are going to have to treat the other Sabbaths the same way.

According to Leviticus 23, the weekly Sabbath is just as much feast as the the other Festivals, and God makes no case that the weekly Sabbath is to be seen any differently. You simply cannot make an internally consistent case for mandatory Sabbath observance while ignoring everything else.

I believe you are referring to Matthew 22. Jesus was tested by a lawyer, who asked Him, "Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?"

<Matt. 22:37-40>

"Jesus said to him, 'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets."

Jesus was summarizing the Ten Commandments. The first four commandments tell us how to love God, and the last six tell us how to love other people.

In Deuteronomy 5:22 Moses states: "These words the Lord spoke to all your assembly, in the mountain from the midst of the fire, the cloud, and the thick darkness, with a loud voice; and He added no more. And He wrote them on two tablets of stone and gave them to me."

God spoke the Ten Commandments. They were complete. He wrote them on the two tablets. The verse above states "he added NO MORE." God's law was perfect and He was satisfied to add nothing more to His Ten Commandments.

The Ten Commandments are God's perfect law. He added nothing more to them. They were engraved in stone and called the "two tablets of the Testimony." God wrote the Ten Commandments (both sets) with His own finger. Also the Ten Commandments were placed inside the Ark of the Covenant.

The weekly sabbath is a commandment from God written in stone. We are to keep it just like the other nine. The feasts were not written in stone. The Ceremonial Law of Moses defined the earthly temple services and all the special annual sabbaths. Everything contained within the Ceremonial Law was a shadow that pointed to Jesus as the substance.

<Heb.10:1>

"For the law, having a shadow of the good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with these same sacrifices, which they offer continually year by year, make those who approach perfect."

The Law of Moses prescribed sacrifices, festivals, and ceremonial ordinances that were symbolic of Jesus. Paul states that the law of ceremonies ended when it was nailed to the cross. (Col. 2:13-14)

The Ten Commandments are God's perfect law. We are not to add anything to them.

In Christ,

CarolineS

Thanks Caroline,

God has only created one day and made it holy, the 7th day. This He did at creation. Now a Holy day is one that is set aside for Holy things. He did this for Adam and Eve who were created in His image, with His character, imbued with His Holy Spirit. They were Holy, without sin or a carnal nature, until they disobeyed a command of God, yet they still had a Holy Day for uninterupted communion with their Creator. If God saw that they needed it, how much more us.

Sabbath means to cease, not just rest. They were to cease from their regular labor in tending the Garden and commune with their Creator. In order to keep the day holy, they would cease from all that was secular and devote themselves commpletely to God for the entire day. God would then instruct them in His will and they in turn would worship and adore Him as the source of all goodness and blessing. It was no 'yoke of bondage' for them in their holy state.

When God creates something and sets it aside for a Holy use for people who were saved, how much more do sinners need the time for uninterupted Comunion with their Creator. If God made the day holy then it remains holy. God is not like a man, for He does not change.

Now the Holy Spirit is to lead us into the holiness of God. He is holy, so all He leads us into is holy. If God says something is holy, then the Holy Spirit will lead us into it for He is holy. Does anyone really think that the Holy Spirit leads people away from what God makes holy. Does anyone really think that the Holy Spirit leads us to celebrate days that are common, set aside by the traditions of men, and leads us to disregard God's Holy Sabbath Day.

Yes we are to be holy always, but nothing that man can do or say, no matter how clever, will make God's Day, the Lord's Day, a common day, just as man cannot make any common day a holy day. You see God's Holy Sabbath Day predates all commandments of men, It predates sin, and so when a believer is recreated in the image of God, he like Adam and Eve still has the Blessed Sabbath Day of God devoted to Holy things, such as worship, instruction in righteousness and adoration.

The Sabbath Rest foreshadowed by the Sabbath day is after the 6000 years alloted to man. It is the blessed Sabbath rest during the thousand year reign of Christ. God seems to know what we need better than we do.

God bless,

Dennis

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

God has only created one day and made it holy, the 7th day. This He did at creation. Now a Holy day is one that is set aside for Holy things. He did this for Adam and Eve who were created in His image, with His character, imbued with His Holy Spirit. They were Holy, without sin or a carnal nature, until they disobeyed a command of God, yet they still had a Holy Day for uninterupted communion with their Creator. If God saw that they needed it, how much more us.

{This pure supposition it's certianly not biblical, first of all there is not a sabbath mandate until Moses

and Adam didn't work so he didn't need rest, and sin was not present in the garden so there was

uninterrupted communion with the Father. The sabbath was not even instituted until after the Egyptian

captivity and rest was really needed.}

Sabbath means to cease, not just rest. They were to cease from their regular labor in tending the Garden and commune with their Creator. In order to keep the day holy, they would cease from all that was secular and devote themselves completely to God for the entire day. God would then instruct them in His will and they in turn would worship and adore Him as the source of all goodness and blessing. It was no 'yoke of bondage' for them in their holy state.

{Where do you mind me asking did you come up with this man made clap trap? This is pure unbiblical

speculation, and it is self serving.}

When God creates something and sets it aside for a Holy use for people who were saved, how much more do sinners need the time for uninterupted Comunion with their Creator. If God made the day holy then it remains holy. God is not like a man, for He does not change.

{So your going to use a text about the divine nature to comment on a law given specifically to Israel

to seperate them out as a holy people.}

Now the Holy Spirit is to lead us into the holiness of God. He is holy, so all He leads us into is holy. If God says something is holy, then the Holy Spirit will lead us into it for He is holy. Does anyone really think that the Holy Spirit leads people away from what God makes holy. Does anyone really think that the Holy Spirit leads us to celebrate days that are common, set aside by the traditions of men, and leads us to disregard God's Holy Sabbath Day.

{God's Sabbath was given as a means of seperation the same way the food laws and circumcision

was given, to keep Israel seperate from pagan influence, and hopefully be a beacon to the Gentiles.}

Yes we are to be holy always, but nothing that man can do or say, no matter how clever, will make God's Day, the Lord's Day, a common day, just as man cannot make any common day a holy day. You see God's Holy Sabbath Day predates all commandments of men, It predates sin, and so when a believer is recreated in the image of God, he like Adam and Eve still has the Blessed Sabbath Day of God devoted to Holy things, such as worship, instruction in righteousness and adoration.

{Christ is the standard and means of holiness not a day, the rest that remains is the rest in Christ

not the rest in the law.}

The Sabbath Rest foreshadowed by the Sabbath day is after the 6000 years alloted to man. It is the blessed Sabbath rest during the thousand year reign of Christ. God seems to know what we need better than we do.

{Yes he does know better and he knew that the only rest man would ever find is the rest in Christ, not

the rest given to slaves, not the rest of law, if you advocate sabbath you better advocate perfect sabbath

keeping otherwise your placing a curse on all who don't do it perfectly, and if you want to keep

sabbath perfectly then you better know Torah and if your going to keep Torah, well that's another story.

I also might add this entire post had a tone of veneration of the law, the same way Catholics do to Mary.}